Captain
# 81
06-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
I heard there was a tweet or something from a dev that jetpacks would not work off Risa at all. Something about not wanting to have to fly proof all of the maps.
That's unfortunate. Seems to me they are putting minimal amounts of work into this, i.e. no swimwear, jetpacks not working off Risa, etc.
Captain
# 82
06-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Well, I was hoping the corvette would be a peaceful ship, like the tuffli. But no, it has to be a very potent PvP vessel. Oh well...

It's definitely strong enough, no need for buffs. On the other hand, I'm happy to see a lower than 30k hull and less than 1 shield mod.

Still not sure for what toons to grind it though...

And add swimsuits and speedos!
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Captain
# 83
06-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Risian Corvette Statistics:
  • Rank Required: Rear Admiral / Brigadier General / Subadmiral I
  • Hull Strength: 27,000
  • Shield Modifier: 0.9
  • Crew: 150
  • Weapons: 4 Fore, 3 Aft
  • Device Slots: 2
  • Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Commander Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering, 1 Ensign Science, 1 Lieutenant Universal
  • Console Modifications: 4 Tactical, 3 Engineering, 3 Science
  • Base Turn Rate: 21 degrees per second
  • Impulse Modifier: 0.25
  • +5 Power to Weapons; +15 Power to Engines
  • Increased Defense based on speed, up to +15%
  • Can Load Cannons
  • Console ? Universal ? Subspace Wake Generator
  • R.X.S. Registry Name Prefix Option
Although the environment looks really neat, the rewards are geared towards players under level 45. I will also pass on this event. It would be a waist for me to grind. I hope the next event will be more promising. If the environmental changes to Risa are temporary, I think many people would be disappointed. Risa needs a permanent facelift. I hope the environment stays.

Last edited by linyive; 06-25-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Captain
# 84
06-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
::: Ferasan backslap with claws extended ....
I guess you don't know I play KDF - as in it was a joke.
Starfleet Veteran
# 85
06-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyalmeida2 View Post
That's unfortunate. Seems to me they are putting minimal amounts of work into this, i.e. no swimwear, jetpacks not working off Risa, etc.
I think this is more a result of them being on a tight schedule since the idea of the summer event was suggested by players and taken on. From what I've heard, there are two female one-piece swimwear models in the game files (I've even seen pics) but they're not fully polished and it's unclear the bare chest models are ready for some species. I think the new smaller leg models have also screwed up the fit of a lot of clothing and footwear (seven of nine tall boots for instance) including the swimwear as well. I get the feeling the summer event was pushed back from the 21st to the 27th too and that this is they best they can do for now. I'm glad that we're at least getting something I hope swimwear can be added at some future point, even if it's via the C-store.
Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
Captain
# 86
06-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Will there be special doff missions that reward items like during the winter event?
Career Officer
# 87
06-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Dang, 25 days to get the ship? I don't know...I'll try for it but I couldn't stomach the 14 needed for the CE event. Ah well, at least all the other stuff looks neat.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Empire Veteran
# 88
06-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
As we both know unfortunately - there are not a "great many" PvP players left in the game.

I can see a massive forum rage coming after 25 days of grinding and them a lot of BOOM BOOM POP POP POP - 1.30 second respawn wait for Sooooooooo many PvE players.

Like a Deer caught it the headlights - a 27k hull and 0.9 shield mod - I see it comin and it's going to hit hard.

25 days of grind is a lot and STO players are not too forgiving - remember the Breen ship was 36k hull I believe.
actually theres quite a few pvpers around, the ques pop quite often, and i often see at least 25 people qued for 1 thing at a time. with all the rep grinding ive done, the pve que doesn't pop any faster then the pvp que does.

im not sympathetic to these your describing. they are the type that want the game dumbed down around their inadequacy, they dont want to actually learn to play. these are also the people that dont have the frame of reference to pass judgment on if something is actually op or not, but that doesn't seem to stop them from shamelessly trying
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
# 89
06-25-2013, 03:19 PM
That ship definitely looks interesting. Lets see if I loose interest quickly like I did with the winter event. She would make a good second ship for my KDF Andorian looking Alien Space Pirate. Her ENG skills might help with the survive-ability.
Gingerbread Men non-combat pets? Is this Star Trek or Shrek in Space? STO Boldly jumping sharks where no one has gone before... Gingerbread Men Pets, that makes even Star Trek V look good.
Rihannsu
# 90
06-25-2013, 03:21 PM
After reading this, what I hope for is that the character pictures shown display the explorer outfit, and that the beachcomber outfit is actual swimsuit material.
Mhae ir-Virinat t'Rillas, R.R.W Temer