Lt. Commander
Fatal Error: Corrupt pig file detected
Read failed for the file:
Texture_Library/Costumes/Avatars/Aliengen/F_Head_Tendrils_01_N.Wt ex

I have updated my video drivers did a clean install of the game, I have no idea what to do here but I can't even stay in the game for 5 minutes if I even get in, none of this happened until after the recent patch?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Areanna View Post
Fatal Error: Corrupt pig file detected
Read failed for the file:
Texture_Library/Costumes/Avatars/Aliengen/F_Head_Tendrils_01_N.Wt ex

I have updated my video drivers did a clean install of the game, I have no idea what to do here but I can't even stay in the game for 5 minutes if I even get in, none of this happened until after the recent patch?
Where did you download the client from?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2010, 08:06 AM
Atari for the 2nd clean install..its the pre order, first one that worked fine until patch was from fileplanet but even that started having that same issue after the patch.

Hence the clean install
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2010, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Areanna View Post
Atari for the 2nd clean install..its the pre order, first one that worked fine until patch was from fileplanet but even that started having that same issue after the patch.

Hence the clean install
Have you tried installign the blank cryptic launcher and letting it download the 10gb by itself? That way you will know for certain if it is indeed a corrupt file on cryptics side, or something on your system that is corrupting it.

If you want to try the blank downloader:

http://files.startrekonline.com/inst...line_setup.exe
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2010, 08:15 AM
This is getting frustrating, I will try this and after the really slow download that should take 15 minutes that actually takes 2 hours lets hope it actually works.

Thanks for the suggestion, here is hoping it works!

Btw the game was running great prior to this last patch, but your saying all of a sudden something on my end might be corrupting the file download?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-22-2010, 08:16 AM
How exactly is this going to patch the game if I am already patched?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Try deleting the 3 texture hogg files. Also run a force verify for good measure.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-22-2010, 11:35 AM
Well I noticed the link provided below was the exact same as what I used to reinstall the game last night so that did not help, (but thanks for trying).
I even removed the pig folder (again) since that's where all the corrupt files appear to stem from and let it patch and still I crash with same error. I have done the file scan too many times to count and am rally at a loss as to what I can do.

Any Dev's have a suggestion please?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
Try deleting the 3 texture hogg files. Also run a force verify for good measure.

Sadly I have and have verified many many times!

Oh wait let me recheck just noticed the other folder called prepatch with hog folders in it..I will give that a shot!

Thank you kindly for responding also.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-22-2010, 11:52 AM
The prepatch files should all be 64k (empty) since we aren't using them right now. When you deleted everything it repatched the full 10GB, right? If not you might have been looking at the wrong files.