Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
One of the most harmful deterrent to the growth of PvP communities is some unethical Premades who are bent on using every broken trick in the book to humiliate newbies and less experienced pugs. At the same time, they are too chicken to challenge other premades, fearing that they may get the same treatment as well!

Granted, some preamdes are actually very nice people to play with. I have seen a group once, upon noticing our pug team only has 3 players, immediately said in chat: "We will wait until you have more people" before the match actually starts. And they really waited. Some other premades, would have taken the opportunity to conduct a massacre.

If you notice the premades you are dealing with behave in a manner that is unethical such as 10000 spams at once or excessive gloating or abusive language, suggestion is let them know in open chat that you will warp out and the reason why. This will deprive them the chance to earn credits towards dilithium and fleet marks and wasted their 10000 consummables for nothing. Don't forget to tell them to pick on people of their size, aka. other premades. And they will likely tell you : "We couldnt' find any" Know that it is completely BS and lie, there are many channels for Premades to find each other anytime. The only reason they continuously pick on pug is because they are afraid of taking on other organized teams.

From what I see these days, premades in arena aren't as bad as before but there are other newbies who still claim seeing nasty premades which scare the hell out of them. So want to get this out there as a way to deal with premades who behave in unethical or abusive manner.
Captain
# 2
07-02-2013, 10:49 AM
ask cryptic to acutally consider the ramifications and attempt to balance their crap before releasing it to the masses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Commander
# 3
07-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
ask cryptic to acutally consider the ramifications and attempt to balance their crap before releasing it to the masses.
I think he was talking more about premade's behavior in the queues and actually respect the opposing team and wait for them to receive new players if they are short of players (d/c etc)

And staying polite

I cant blame ya though, 99% of the threads here are related to an object/item/gear/doff/ship/console which r OP
Captain
# 4
07-02-2013, 10:54 AM
I agree, I think people shouldn't participate against those premades that use full team with TIF and SS doff and just about every other bit of cheese they can fit there. Go afk, don't respawn or warp out, or get your whole team to stay cloaked if possible. Teams using all this stuff are not there to have a fun match, they are just there to troll so don't feel obligated to let them troll you.
Career Officer
# 5
07-02-2013, 10:56 AM
How about some basic sportsmanship/gamesmanship... This isn't professional PvP... we want everyone to enjoy themselves (will only help to grow the community).

If you are seriously outclassing the other team... pull someone back (you and your team will still get the Dil, FM, or what not).. try to make it a fair and fun match. I am not advocating throwing the match... if you are good, you disserve to win... and losing can help improve the other player... getting owned, pawned, or humilated does nothing but chase would be PvP advocates away.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Lieutenant
# 6
07-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Sooooo many care bears in this game.
Captain
# 7
07-02-2013, 11:01 AM
There is one Premade fleet team I refuse to go against. I warp out everytime.
They arent worth my time or hassle. Without their cheese, they arent even really any good either.

Ive seen Ad infintum (I name for good reasons and not bad in the hope others will follow their good example.) go up against pug teams and hold off the cheese and spam (not sure if its a fleet rule or just general niceness), we still got beat but it was more down to them working better as a team. Good on them, if more fleets did this, it would be much better.

I reckon everyone should do the grind or the required missions, find all the stuff that is considered bad and use it against some of these fleets, reverse it on them. They wont like it.
Commander
# 8
07-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I agree, I think people shouldn't participate against those premades that use full team with TIF and SS doff and just about every other bit of cheese they can fit there. Go afk, don't respawn or warp out, or get your whole team to stay cloaked if possible. Teams using all this stuff are not there to have a fun match, they are just there to troll so don't feel obligated to let them troll you.
I got impression, last night, when fighting against certain premade, that they got sick of the same cheese and they worked hard to get those TIFs and other cheese out there. Its a point o view only, imo. So, if a premade in which Im, for example, could run same setup, just for a sake of fighting that particular one, what do we get? A vicious circle.
That's what's so great about HoBOs. We are not just 5 or 6 competent players, we are a fleet full of badass mother****ers that will PUNISH THE FEDs until their index fingers are worn to the bone from clicking the respawn button over and over! Q'pla!
Rihannsu
# 9
07-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
this ^^ a gazillion times this
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 10
07-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivantomdisplay View Post
I got impression, last night, when fighting against certain premade, that they got sick of the same cheese and they worked hard to get those TIFs and other cheese out there. Its a point o view only, imo. So, if a premade in which Im, for example, could run same setup, just for a sake of fighting that particular one, what do we get? A vicious circle.
Then you have to hope sanity prevails and both sides agree to lighten up on cheese a little like restrict to 1 TIF or none. Sadly sanity is rare in online games and usually just leads to both sides using more cheese in situation like this making match almost unplayable.