Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 101
06-30-2013, 06:14 PM
KNOCK IT NERDS the stats will be released in a few hours so until then try to contain your nerdgasms all your doing right now is guessing and wasting energy
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!
Empire Veteran
# 102
06-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Well, we're so close to finding out.

Captain
# 103
06-30-2013, 11:57 PM
It looks bad in this game, The Wings need to be line a crescent, not straight forward.
Captain
# 104
07-01-2013, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildweasal View Post
KNOCK IT NERDS the stats will be released in a few hours so until then try to contain your nerdgasms all your doing right now is guessing and wasting energy
Keeping my fingers crossed

9-10 turn

1.1 - 1.2 shield mod

45 - 50k hull
Captain
# 105
07-01-2013, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed

9-10 turn

1.1 - 1.2 shield mod

45 - 50k hull
Heh, you wouldn't like any of the "supposedly leaked" stats images out there for the Scim then...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Empire Veteran
# 106
07-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Whatever it has for ship stats, it will either be too much for some people, or not enough, or something else like that.

Captain
# 107
07-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Whatever it has for ship stats, it will either be too much for some people, or not enough, or something else like that.
*sigh*

People nowadays, never satisfied. But you're correct.

The second the dev blog comes out, there will suddenly be 3 types of people on the forums. People drooling over it, people howling about how OP it is, and others (like myself) who will take a look, decide if they want the ship, and then sit back and enjoy the carnage as those other two types of people go at it on the forums.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 108
07-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
*sigh*

The second the dev blog comes out, there will suddenly be 3 types of people on the forums. People drooling over it, people howling about how OP it is, and others (like myself) who will take a look, decide if they want the ship, and then sit back and enjoy the carnage as those other two types of people go at it on the forums.
Myself, I can't wait to tell the people who said sto players who tested the new ships would ensure they were balanced a big, fat, Romulus shattering 'I told you so!'

..and considering the leaks and scuttlebutt I've heard from several sources that are nigh identical, I'm expecting my throat to be sore for some time after

I've given up more or less on balance, on pvp and the bullplop that is the 'competetive pve' - I think now I'll sit back and just watch the fecal matter hit the fan as well and hope the so called 'testers' are proud of themselves for either agreeing its balanced or not raising a stink anonymously about it

If of course a dev comes back and says the scim was not tested by players and it was purely 'balanced' in house...they may want to check someones not spiking their morning coffee :p

Edit: I bloody told you so - 1.1 shield mod and 40k hull, a hanger, 7 base turn, 5 front weapons, those consoles and a not disrespectful impulse modifier?

Last edited by burstorion; 07-02-2013 at 03:36 AM.
Lieutenant
# 109
07-01-2013, 01:53 PM
some things to mention:

firing weapons at 50% output will be mostly without effect. everyone that has ever played a sciship or cruiser as full healer will know that.
second: youll be short time visible while firing
3rd: the secondary shields, i take every bet, will be WITHOUT any shield resistance. so 15k are pretty few shields, when you consider in normal circumstances you have about 50% resistance on your 12k shields. the sec shields will be crap as the quantum absorbtions extra hull hp (cause them have no resist at all too)

conclusion: the triplet of consoles makes the ship more like in the movies, but in game it will be useless. in stfs and fleetactions you need full dmg output, and in pvp the short time visibility will definetely kill you, before you kill sth with your 50% lower output.

the talaron weapon will make your ship immobile for 12seconds, which is zero defense, always good for pvp to be killed. the only "cool" thing will be the extra turn, but its never ever worth 2 consoles to be slotted.

the only real cool thing is the weaponsetup with 5 and 3, its massive hull and tacconsoles and the drone ships.
Starfleet Veteran
# 110
07-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
*sigh*

Close. The people howling about how OP it is will be fighting with the people moaning about how under powered it is and how Cryptic ruined the Scimitar. The people drooling over it will be off playing with their new Scimitar or moaning about how much it costs. Someone will want a free bug for paying for all three flagship sets.