Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
06-26-2013, 12:06 AM
Fires while cloaked? Shields while cloaked? Thalaron weapon? Hangar Bay?

Start adding in 3 kinds of rep passives, fleet warp cores, advanced consoles, Romulan Boffs...
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
# 12
06-26-2013, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Fires while cloaked? Shields while cloaked? Thalaron weapon? Hangar Bay?

Start adding in 3 kinds of rep passives, fleet warp cores, advanced consoles, Romulan Boffs...
hopefully it will have singularity cores, they are a bit weaker...
no on second thought, it would have an instaheal ability out of cloak ^^

now, those consoles. they are either OP as hell, or dissapointingly weak. I would go for the latter, seeing the thalaron weapon on the vid, and I hope for the game's sake I am right
you cant rly tell from pure stats, that are as non-descriptive as usual :S
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Empire Veteran
# 13
06-26-2013, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
they got the size right actually.

they are curious about the falchion? its been in azure rescue for days...

that looked about like a 20- 30 turn rate to me when it was moving. its certainly not starting with 5 turn rate, something more like 8-10, depending on that guys gear

the thaloron weapon looks more useless then the destabilizer torp, for pvp.

so 1 console just plan gives shields wile cloaked. k

the next gives extra shields for 45 seconds. is that an entire huge 15k per faceing? maybe its a non faceing, as in just 1

and the next lets you fire wile cloaked for 15 seconds? give me a break. how visible is it wile its fireing or having shields on wile cloaked? is there a reason to ever decloak?

im sure my invite to test this got lost. its proboly being tested by the 101st carebear fleet that never used an i win button they didn't love.

I admit, first off, the Thalaron weapon will be good for one thing:

REVENGE!!!

ALL these years of Donatra cloaking with her stupid, get-out-of-jail-free-card of a cloak, and now it will be OUR turn. Now WE can be the ones to be using the Thalaron weapon on HER! At long last, she shall suffer!

As for the turn-rate, I have a feeling it will probably have a lower base turn, but if you look at the two-piece bonus, those 'rapid thrusters' or whatever, that will probably add a considerable amount of turn, possibly while in combat, maybe all the time. That'd probably explain why it seems to be so nimble. (and possibly it was being run at high engine power, maybe some buffs too)

As for the extra shields, the Scimitar was said to have secondary shields, but it doesn't mean it was necessarily strong shields though. I have a feeling it is either 15k split between the four facings, or 15k per facing, but probably cannot be healed until the console finishes and has it's CD go through. Though that said, I'm pretty sure we'll get to deal with bugs.

Besides, you wouldn't wanna just pop this willy-nilly (it could probably be SNB'd off), it should be more treated like a super-steroided EPTS 3 + ST 3 heal (without the other buffs and bonuses from those). A BIG shield heal for a short amount of time once in awhile, that's all.

Though while the shields during cloak thing is nice, I don't see that as being useful in a fight, more as something to use if you are either going to alpha-strike someone, or try to move off. Aka: standard BoP tactics.

Think about this though: Sure, there's a console to let you fire while cloaked, but that's a massive target to say, 'HEY, I AM RIGHT HERE FIRING AT YOUR TEAMMATES, PLEASE SHOOT ME!'

Anybody remember the Battle of the Bassan Rift? Shinzon had all this stuff on the Scimitar, that is true. However, just remember that while he did, he didn't just waste all his advantages, he USED them to the best of his ability, knowing how to.

Best example: Firing while cloaked. Yes, he could fire all weapons without worry while he was under his cloak and still have shields. However, he didn't just say to his tactical officer, "Give me a constant rotation of CRF 2 every 15 seconds", no, what he did was he timed his attacks, didn't let the Enterprise (and eventually the two Romulan ships) keep too much of a lock on him. He kept moving, kept them off guard, attacking from different areas.

He probably knew that firing constantly would've given the three ships a direct line right back to his ship, which was a big weakness, but he understood it. The only times that anyone got a shot on him was...

A. When he allowed the Valdore to get an attack run on him to lure it in and disable it.

B. When Troy used her connection to the Reman Viceroy to locate them in a different way.

C. A few good lucky shots from the three ships, including triangulation from their tactical officers to try and fire to get further hits.

So yes, while this 'firing while cloaked' thing could be annoying, if someone doesn't know the actual ins and outs of a proper de-cloaking alpha (which this is, just without the de-cloaking part), and how to actually make it work properly, it'll just be 15 seconds of someone wasting their time trying to use it as an 'I-win' button, instead of using it as the truly Ambush tactic that it is. (Can anyone say: BO-stacking from cloak and killing someone who never saw you at all?)

Besides, I doubt they would give it a 'perfect cloak', they gave it a LOT of other things from the movie already, so that might just be rather overkill at this point. I bet it would still be de-cloaked by all the exact same things that de-cloak ships now: CPB, Tractor beams, Antiproton Sweep, etc.

Btw, I can't wait to TBR-troll people flying Scimitars. Anytime I see one firing it's Thalaron weapon, I will just TBR them away. Not even to really push them, mostly just to tick em off and push em REALLY far away and let them waste the attack while they sit there and can't do a damn thing about it.

Captain
# 14
06-26-2013, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
hopefully it will have singularity cores, they are a bit weaker...
no on second thought, it would have an instaheal ability out of cloak ^^

now, those consoles. they are either OP as hell, or dissapointingly weak. I would go for the latter, seeing the thalaron weapon on the vid, and I hope for the game's sake I am right
you cant rly tell from pure stats, that are as non-descriptive as usual :S
Whatever else, I know I will not be spending fifty bucks on this thing. The art's pretty, and no doubt it's got a pretty cool bridge area, but...

meh, I can't say what I'm thinking because it would be borderline trolling. Best wishes to anyone who WANTS a ship like that, but I won't be among 'em.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Commander
# 15
06-26-2013, 01:01 AM
after this they should update oddy and bortas set no ?
it's not the ship or the build, it's the atitude
Empire Veteran
# 16
06-26-2013, 01:08 AM
just was at point blank with one on tribble. great detail, and it had a tone of weapon hard point texture decal things. didn't complete my count before it warped unfortunately. and didnt see it turn. it did fire the thaloron, had a ring side seat. dude would not accept pms or pvp challenges. truly, the testing of this thing is diminished by me not fighting it.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 17
06-26-2013, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Whatever else, I know I will not be spending fifty bucks on this thing. The art's pretty, and no doubt it's got a pretty cool bridge area, but...

meh, I can't say what I'm thinking because it would be borderline trolling. Best wishes to anyone who WANTS a ship like that, but I won't be among 'em.
Likewise - I can't stand the Scimitar; it's a giant door-wedge with stupid wings, and I wouldn't buy it even if it did have a genuine 'I win' console. And I LOATHE that it's getting Thalaron weaponry.

Saying that, the easily offended only want to hearopinions involving praise and excitement regarding the monstrosity,so I'll back out too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
just was at point blank with one on tribble. great detail, and it had a tone of weapon hard point texture decal things. didn't complete my count before it warped unfortunately. and didnt see it turn. it did fire the thaloron, had a ring side seat. dude would not accept pms or pvp challenges. truly, the testing of this thing is diminished by me not fighting it.
Actually, you're right - said dude was probably scared that his monster-ship would become an explosion in short-order. He's probably too emotionally fragile to cope with that.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-26-2013, 01:38 AM
It does seem rather too agile for a regular carrier. I was only able to skim the video, but i got the impression that it's going to have only one hangar bay. Not a full-fledged carrier, then?
Science for the win. / Czechoslovak Fleet 1st Division

Feel free to correct my grammar, I know I can use it.
Captain
# 19
06-26-2013, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
ALL these years of Donatra cloaking with her stupid, get-out-of-jail-free-card of a cloak, and now it will be OUR turn. Now WE can be the ones to be using the Thalaron weapon on HER! At long last, she shall suffer!
I expect this to be a watered down version of Donatra's weapon ... , and in no way to be the "I WIN" button the NPC has .

I also expect this ship will be nerfed hard one way or another ... -- keep that in mind with your planned $50 spending .

I'm also curious if the consoles are for this ship only ?
It'd be nice to have that "shielded while cloaked" console 4 my Bop ... .
(no more going 'poof' while desperately trying to cloak )

Quote:
Originally Posted by borgresearcher View Post
No .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 06-26-2013 at 01:44 AM.
Career Officer
# 20
06-26-2013, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgresearcher View Post
No - the Galaxy, certainly, as she is looking more and more outclassed with every new ship release, but not the Oddy/Bortas.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY