Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Fleet alert leaving players
06-26-2013, 07:34 AM
Players leaving this event in the last round very often. That is not a fair behaviour for the rest of the team. I know, that the last round gives not so many marks, but levaing before the mission is accomplished is desertation.
Captain
# 2
06-26-2013, 08:17 AM
here is the reason: the last wave awards only 5 marks and starts a 30 minute cooldown on the fleet alert.

to avoid the 30 min cooldown people leave therefore before the capital ship blows.

it is actually very smart, since you can just rejoin the queue again and basically can make 45 marks in 5-6 minutes.

thats why people leave...so they can farm more efficent for fleet marks. i'm sorry if that grinds your gears, but honestly it is boring anyway and i want to farm fleet marks most efficently.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 06-26-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Career Officer
# 3
06-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
here is the reason: the last wave awards only 5 marks and starts a 30 minute cooldown on the fleet alert.

to avoid the 30 min cooldown people leave therefore before the capital ship blows.

it is actually very smart, since you can just rejoin the queue again and basically can make 45 marks in 5-6 minutes.

thats why people leave...so they can farm more efficent for fleet marks
Either that or because the mission is an obvious fail from that point on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Captain
# 4
06-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Either that or because the mission is an obvious fail from that point on.
Very much so, if its 1 minute left and we are at wave 4 it just failed ... might as well just leave.
Former Star Trek Online Player
Captain
# 5
06-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post

thats why people leave...so they can farm more efficent for fleet marks. i'm sorry if that grinds your gears, but honestly it is boring anyway and i want to farm fleet marks most efficently.
NICE !!!

Thanks for the info.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 6
06-26-2013, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Very much so, if its 1 minute left and we are at wave 4 it just failed ... might as well just leave.
Absolutely - if it's an obvious fail, there isn't any point in hanging around - had one, for example, a few days ago. Got to 'round four' but there were still numerous 'round 3' ships lurking around. It was really annoying actually, as the other members of the team got smacked by the 'new arrivals' and went and sat in respawn oblivion, leaving me to take a beating from every damned enemy ship. Took a pounding, but managed to stay in one piece and activated my Vesta's Quantum shield and decided that the team could fail that instance perfectly well without me.

Might as well bail on a bad result AND a thirty minute cooldown and join a new instance in the hope that you wind up in a better team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Career Officer
Devs, it's long overdue that you stop this Event bailing, where people are avoiding the timer by leaving the event. There are people who legitimately have a reason to stay to the final wave, but they can't with only 1 or 2 people. Thus they aren't able to get the Fleet Marks, and get left with that event timer.

I'm honestly shocked this has been going on for months and not regarded as an exploit, but events like Tour the Galaxy was nerfed because it was.
Career Officer
# 8
11-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post

I'm honestly shocked this has been going on for months and not regarded as an exploit, but events like Tour the Galaxy was nerfed because it was.
QFT

It's quite appalling that the alleged and only-questionably-an-exploit Tour the Galaxy got horribly nerfed with no warning while this clear and obvious exploit has been left alone.

The fix is also blindingly obvious.

Give the rewards at the end.

Simple.
Captain
# 9
11-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Wholeheartedly agree.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
11-06-2013, 01:10 PM
I couldn't agree more. The fact this is still an issue in the game is nothing less than ridiculous. Either give the rewards at the end, or put people on the timer if they warp out at any point prior to mission completion.

There is no honor system on the internet, Cryptic. You should have learned that lesson 3 years ago.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147