Captain
# 51
06-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
This is why we made the re-assignment item in the pack! It lets you combine 3 white/green quality doffs for 1 green+, with a good chance of blue or purple. The chance to get a blue or purple also increases if you input greens instead of whites. Better yet, this reassignment doesn't cost any Dilithium.
Doesn't help the people who are collecting and who have an all-purple 400-man doff roster already. You guys should think about raising the cap for another 100-200 doffs.

Your answer almost seems to mock collectors, just like the "gotta catch them all" wallpaper listing all the ships, while there is no possibility for collector to "catch them all", as there are more ships than possible slots.

Last edited by fraghul2000; 06-26-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Commander
# 52
06-26-2013, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
This is why we made the re-assignment item in the pack! It lets you combine 3 white/green quality doffs for 1 green+, with a good chance of blue or purple. The chance to get a blue or purple also increases if you input greens instead of whites. Better yet, this reassignment doesn't cost any Dilithium.

We also put the standard reassignment mission contact on the Suliban Cell Ship, so you can put doffs in the doff grinder while you grind doff missions to get more doffs to grind. Yo dawg.
Yeah, I'm full on purples, I have like 10 open roster slots that get rotated for refugees/officer exchange fodder.

I mean sure I could get rid of some of my purples (which I already do when I get new ones from asylums/exchanges), but I like the species diversity my DOff roster already has. I need more slots, let me buy another roster expansion (please)!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 53
06-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Doesn't help the people who are collecting and who have an all-purple 400-man doff roster already. You guys should think about raising the cap for another 100-200 doffs.

Your answer almost seems to mock collectors, just like the "gotta catch them all" wallpaper listing all the ships, while there is no possibility for collector to "catch them all", as there are more ships than possible slots.
We would love to add more roster expansions, but there are unfortunately technical limitations preventing us from doing so. I assure you, "mocking" is the last thing I would ever do. Having a 400 purple roster is truly impressive! I love doffing, but my own personal roster is not nearly so well flushed out.

...doesn't help that I accidentally sent like 3 purples on diplomatic station missions in Cardassian space, without realizing they'd be gone forever. Oops.
Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
Captain
# 54
06-26-2013, 11:19 AM
They pay you for surfing STO's website instead of fixing our mail system ?

<edit> sry, I thought it was funny.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
# 55
06-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Nice, a new freighter, and its movement stats are better than the Tuffli (16 turn rate? yes please). Now I just have to see how expensive it ends up being and decide which toons to get it for.
Captain
# 56
06-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Quote:

We also put the standard reassignment mission contact on the Suliban Cell Ship, so you can put doffs in the doff grinder while you grind doff missions to get more doffs to grind. Yo dawg.
But instead of using dili to reassign doffs you're using zen. Unless players specifically want duty officers from this package they will be better off using the 270 odd zen they bought to convert dilithium and get a guaranteed purple duty officer. That 270 zen will get you roughly 32 thousand dilithium, enough to exchange 4 packs of blue doffs for 4 purple ones.
The Somraw, K'tinga, D'Kyr, D7, Kumari, and T'Varo are all older than the Constitution Refit and yet they are tier 5. The rule needs to change.
Captain
# 57
06-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post

400 purple duty officers are most likely twice as much than you'll ever need already, unless the active roster slots and the Assigment slots are about to be drastically increased.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Empire Veteran
# 58
06-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
5 power to all per proc, 10 sec duration, right now it's 5/10/15/20% chance to proc at white/green/blue/purple respectively.

ya thats useless. 5 energy in all subsystems for 10 seconds compared to what leach does for you or the maco shield all the time, no one would use their most valuable equipment slots, the active roster, for this, having such a small chance of it going off. +5/10/15/20 power per doff for 10 seconds, 100% chance, that would be worth slots. or have this doff lower the cooldown on AtS, MW and HE instead, the original version of this doff already handles ET cooldown.

Quote:
There is always a defense boost (and it's actually really powerful, too) after MES deactivates. This duty officer substantially increases the duration of that boost.

so MES use gives plus to defense, not plus to ambush. i should look into trying this out on my fleet MVAM.

Quote:
I wanted to make it a viable choice, given how good both AtS and AtB are. Hopefully this does the trick - it's a little less impactful than the other two, but has much higher uptime with this doff.
AtD was always a great skill, and you can have it on all the time with 2 copies. BUT its on the system cooldown with the best skills, (as long as AtB has tech doffs with it, its near useless otherwise) thats the problem. aside from the EPt skills, and cannon, torp, and beam skills, i see no need for system cooldowns. they cause great skills like AtD to go unused, and block people from using skills they would like to use.

not being able to use FBP and TSS at the same time, RSP and ES at the same time, and the 'aux to' skills blocking each other. at any given time 10 things can be benefiting from your aux, it doesn't get drained when you use aux dependent abilities, some skills just have 'aux to' in their name, and because of that block each other. why doesn't every single sci and eng skill that uses aux trigger a system cooldown on each other? why doesnt every single sci and eng skill that uses aux NOT triger a system cooldown on each other? something to think about.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Rihannsu
# 59
06-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Too bad the tentacles of the trade freighter probably won't dance and flail...then it would complete its look of the robots from The Matrix Trilogy...
Career Officer
# 60
06-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Nice to see the Monetization of the DOff System moving forward on schedule.

That makes now what?

- 96 handcrafted Tal'Shiar LockBox DOffs with a bunch of new Active Roster powers.
- 17 new Roster Powers in this DOff Pack

and
- 0 new Handcrafted reward DOffs for Romulans from the existing in-game Chains
- 0 new Handracfted reward DOffs for playing through the CXP ranks...
- NO Romulan / Reman Asylums
- NO new Chains whatsoever since... when was the Caitian/Ferasan chain released? ...well since that.

or wait there was a Chain, inside the LockBox!
(good to see you at least did not forget how to make them)
just as there are now Assignments now in this Pack.

From the pure DOffing perspective that looks to me almost like you are putting Featured Episodes inside a LockBox. Assignments are the CONTENT of the DOff System, those should be FREE. ALWAYS. PERIOD.

So when will we get some of the most basic DOff Assignments to get anywhere without spending $/Zen with our ROMULAN DOff Rosters?

My Romulan Refugees are slowly piling up without a Romulan Asylum to send them to.

No Officer Exchanges either.

And the Upgrinder is so expensive anyway that it could as well not even be there and most of DOFFJOBS would agree on that.

Also i'd like to point out that dStahl said on multiple occasions that random Romulans would be added to ALL existing DOff Packs,
well i've opened >40 DOff Packs, KDF-Rom side, that were inside the Tal'Shiar LockBox and guess what?
100% KDF DOffs inside, not a single green blood!
(and on top of that not a single purple in 40 of those "mini" packs... Starbase food... complete waste of effort).

#Its a Mess!
#Bring back HERETIC!

PS: neat Ship, hope the collision detection isn't so off the mark again.

Last edited by zerobang; 06-26-2013 at 12:03 PM.