Captain
# 71
06-26-2013, 02:33 PM
That's one very nice freighter, but before I try to get some... Do they have a Trader doff contact aboard like the Tuffli?

Well, I'd still be happier if the isian corvette was a 'civilian' ship rather than this, but fine, at least there is a new 'civilian' ship (though a Tuffli reissue'd be great as well).
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
Nice to see the Monetization of the DOff System moving forward on schedule.

That makes now what?

- 96 handcrafted Tal'Shiar LockBox DOffs with a bunch of new Active Roster powers.
- 17 new Roster Powers in this DOff Pack

and
- 0 new Handcrafted reward DOffs for Romulans from the existing in-game Chains
- 0 new Handracfted reward DOffs for playing through the CXP ranks...
- NO Romulan / Reman Asylums
- NO new Chains whatsoever since... when was the Caitian/Ferasan chain released? ...well since that.

or wait there was a Chain, inside the LockBox!
(good to see you at least did not forget how to make them)
just as there are now Assignments now in this Pack.

From the pure DOffing perspective that looks to me almost like you are putting Featured Episodes inside a LockBox. Assignments are the CONTENT of the DOff System, those should be FREE. ALWAYS. PERIOD.

So when will we get some of the most basic DOff Assignments to get anywhere without spending $/Zen with our ROMULAN DOff Rosters?

My Romulan Refugees are slowly piling up without a Romulan Asylum to send them to.

No Officer Exchanges either.

And the Upgrinder is so expensive anyway that it could as well not even be there and most of DOFFJOBS would agree on that.

Also i'd like to point out that dStahl said on multiple occasions that random Romulans would be added to ALL existing DOff Packs,
well i've opened >40 DOff Packs, KDF-Rom side, that were inside the Tal'Shiar LockBox and guess what?
100% KDF DOffs inside, not a single green blood!
(and on top of that not a single purple in 40 of those "mini" packs... Starbase food... complete waste of effort).

#Its a Mess!
#Bring back HERETIC!

PS: neat Ship, hope the collision detection isn't so off the mark again.
Sadly, I am in agreement here. There should have been new 'Romulan' assignements (incl. a chain or two) added with LoR. It was a great opportunity. Asylums, exchanges and similar missions are missing there.

And the new changes to mail weren't helpful to doffers either...

Last thing: Good point with the collision box, Warbirds have them painfully huge...
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Add Tier 6 staple KDF ship types: Carrier and Bird of prey.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Super Moderator
# 72
06-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Would still rather get a Tuffli, but I appreciate the functionality of the Cell Ship and despite the fact that the odds suck I will probably try opening at least a couple of packs... My Rom captain needs DOFFs anyhow.

However, I am going to say that it is time and past time that we had C-Store and/or Fleet options for "commerce" ships. They wouldn't necessarily need all of the bells and whistles of the Tuffli and Suliban Cell ships, but something.

Here are a few ideas for the Devs:

Courier Ship: A courier ship would be a small, fast vessel meant for diplomatic missions. It would have a sector speed boost and/or Transwarp destinations to at least one major system in each sector block. If the captain has sufficient ranks in Diplomacy/Marauding, it could include Transwarp to the Omega Leonis/Sirius block. In addition, the ship interior could have a Mail terminal, and a contact for Trade DOFF assignments. Like the Tuffli, it would have light armament. It could get a boost to Engine power.

Trader Ship: A trader ship would be a large cruiser-size freighter. As a non-combat vessel, the trader ship would only be lightly armed and not very manuverable. It would come with two Transwarp destinations: DS9 and Drozana. It would have Mail, Bank, and Exchange terminals. It would have a contact for Trade DOFF assignments and a discount commodities vendor. As a somewhat larger ship, it should come with more device slots and hull strength than the Tuffli and generally be very cruiser-like.

Scout Ship: A scout ship would be a small, fast vessel meant for exploration and reconnaisance missions. It could have Transwarp destinations to all of the exploration clusters and a boost to sector speed (as well as a boost to Engine power). Plus, this ship could have a cloaking device or a boost to MES. In all other respects, the scout ship should gain all of the characteristics and benefits of a science vessel including Target Subsystem and Sensor Analysis. Unlike the previous ships I proposed, this one could be used in a combat role.

I personally would buy any of those three, if they were an option.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Starfleet Veteran
# 73
06-26-2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Yes, all factions can use the Doffs. There are Romulans, Remans, Suliban, Acamarians, and very rare Liberated Borg Romulan doffs for all players of all factions in this pack.
My crew zoo thanks you for its new Suliban and Acamarian exhibits (not to mention the Yridian exhibit I'll be opening when my fleet's mine hits tier 2). Looks like I'll be hitting 45 species by the end of summer.
Captain
# 74
06-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Adjudicatorhawk does the ship come with a Trader NPC? Does it also have a ship selector? Can it call a security freighter in sector space?
Career Officer
# 75
06-26-2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
My crew zoo thanks you for its new Suliban and Acamarian exhibits (not to mention the Yridian exhibit I'll be opening when my fleet's mine hits tier 2). Looks like I'll be hitting 45 species by the end of summer.
There are Horta Doffs in the Mine as well.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 76
06-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
I didn't see this listed, but does this new ship have a trader on board? I didn't see any mentioning of one so I'm curious, also will it include the Tuffli's ability to change ships out on the fly? How about calling a security transport in sector space? If this is supposed to be the new and improved Tuffli it should have all of these things.

Maybe throw in a dabo wheel for the hell of it too.
The Cell Ship has all but two features of the Tuffli. The two missing features are Call Security Transport and the Trader contact for trade assignments. These are replaced by onboard access to the Duty Officer Reassignment missions, and by a new Suliban Survivor contact who provides unique Duty Officer assignments which let you rescue new Duty Officers from specific Departments.

We wanted this ship to be on par with the Tuffli, not universally better. I'm really happy with the new features on the Cell Ship, but I'm a bit biased.
Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
Cryptic Studios Team
# 77
06-26-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyalmeida2 View Post
Adjudicatorhawk does the ship come with a Trader NPC? Does it also have a ship selector? Can it call a security freighter in sector space?
No, Yes, No. It does have replacement features for both of those things it does not have, however.
Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
Career Officer
# 78
06-26-2013, 03:30 PM
Running out of time to "announce" the Scimitar by the "end of June," guys. Last thing you need right now is your playerbase catching you in another lie...
Career Officer
# 79
06-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveimperator View Post
Running out of time to "announce" the Scimitar by the "end of June," guys. Last thing you need right now is your playerbase catching you in another lie...
You realize posts to the front page are probably planned a week or more in advance?
Starfleet Veteran
# 80
06-26-2013, 03:32 PM
They didn't specify which year that June deadline rests

The cell ship is looking better and better.

They need to stop making non reclaimable ships however.
"Zero, Zero, Zero...Destruct, Zero"