Career Officer
So I have one main toon, got all nice shineys and everything he could ever want.

I have a klink toon that is lvl 50, but neglected
I have a caitian fed toon, lvl 50 but neglected
I have a romulan toon, lvl 50 and this is going to be neglected as well.

The reason? The grind...

5 levels of omega, not so bad... omega mars are easy to come buy and a lot of fun to get.

But then there's the Romulan marks... oh dear God.... Also the sheer cost of dilithium for the decent stuff.

So basically... Am I being lazy OR am I justified in thinking that the grind is the worst idea EVER??

Make better Romulan missions...please!!! OR... have all STF's with a choice of marks at the end. I really don't mind doing hive/ISE/KASE/CSE over and over cos it's always on the go... but saving rom ships from tholians that take ages to spawn, or flying round a damned giant space station shooting tiny ships that offer little to no resistance and looong cooldown timers to read the mission briefing..(it doesn't take 30 seconds to read 6 lines!) for less than 30 marks at a time at the end....Oh man...that's just depressing me thinking about it... and the 20 hour cd between projects...

Cryptic - You cannot continue to entertain your entire audience with a pathetically small number of endgame missions. Update your foundry to include player made STF's, cos I am sure whilst your devs may be busy putting out fires left right and centre to not put all efforts into new missions, there are a large number of your player base that ARE willing to do it. I would urge you to consider this possibility.

Anyone else in the same boat???
Commander
# 2
07-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Romulan marks are in fact very easy to get using epohhs. Check out mimey's guide on this: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=469481

Nukara marks are slightly harder however...
Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
Bleed Green and Gold
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
07-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Don't bother getting to T5 then. It's really not necessary for all your alts unless you're a hardcore PvPer.

Get to T2 Rom (crit chance + console)
Get to T2/3 Omega (Cutting beam + Console, T3 if you want XI borg set)
Get to T2/4 Nukara (Just for the passives)

I just get everything to T2 and be done with it, it's pretty quick and easy.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Level 50? Got some decent gear? Semi-properly skilled? Congratulations, you are now OP for most PVE content. Reputations are just icing on a cake that's already mostly frosting.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
07-17-2013, 10:34 AM
I too cannot be bothered doing the rep for my other characters. All I want from the rep system is the Reman set for my scimitar .

Would be nice to have an option for reputation to be account bound, or at least make rep GEAR account bound!....
Career Officer
# 6
07-17-2013, 10:38 AM
I only plan on having 1 captain ..its the time stuff that annoys me more than anything else

Helping people Globally Discover the Freedom of Self Employment
Click to see the full size picture an my first attempt at writing STO Fan Fiction
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
07-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeowhiskey4 View Post
So I have one main toon, got all nice shineys and everything he could ever want.

I have a klink toon that is lvl 50, but neglected
I have a caitian fed toon, lvl 50 but neglected
I have a romulan toon, lvl 50 and this is going to be neglected as well.

The reason? The grind...

5 levels of omega, not so bad... omega mars are easy to come buy and a lot of fun to get.

But then there's the Romulan marks... oh dear God.... Also the sheer cost of dilithium for the decent stuff.

So basically... Am I being lazy OR am I justified in thinking that the grind is the worst idea EVER??

Make better Romulan missions...please!!! OR... have all STF's with a choice of marks at the end. I really don't mind doing hive/ISE/KASE/CSE over and over cos it's always on the go... but saving rom ships from tholians that take ages to spawn, or flying round a damned giant space station shooting tiny ships that offer little to no resistance and looong cooldown timers to read the mission briefing..(it doesn't take 30 seconds to read 6 lines!) for less than 30 marks at a time at the end....Oh man...that's just depressing me thinking about it... and the 20 hour cd between projects...

Cryptic - You cannot continue to entertain your entire audience with a pathetically small number of endgame missions. Update your foundry to include player made STF's, cos I am sure whilst your devs may be busy putting out fires left right and centre to not put all efforts into new missions, there are a large number of your player base that ARE willing to do it. I would urge you to consider this possibility.

Anyone else in the same boat???
I am in the same boat. Season 7 launched a MASSIVE grindfest. For me, they took away the fun from the game, at least as far as STF's go and the lucky chance I might get some gear after completing one. I love the way it worked.

As far as this rep system....bad idea not letting this new system be account bound. I will only play one character now myself. Im surprised they have not made this system account bound yet. If it were, I would be spending alot of real $$ on my other characters, I suppose Cryptic does not want money.

And PS..do not listen to the people claiming it sooo easy to get marks other than Omega, it is not. And not everyone, (a majority) want to go chasing bunny rabbits in a Trek video game, sorry.
Captain
# 8
07-17-2013, 11:59 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. But as hevach mentioned, the reputation is NOT necessary for PVE content. It's pretty fluff as it is and does not change your gaming experience alot.

Also, If you are having trouble with the Grind, there is an exploit that I found a while ago to help alleviate that. I was surprised how few people recognized this.

Link to my exploit thread.

It makes ALL of the endgame much easier to deal with.
Career Officer
# 9
07-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvalle View Post
And PS..do not listen to the people claiming it sooo easy to get marks other than Omega, it is not. And not everyone, (a majority) want to go chasing bunny rabbits in a Trek video game, sorry.
For Romulan marks, it IS easy. Just because you don't 'want' to do it doesn't mean it is a hard thing to do. You have a choice. You can either do the Tau dewa daily, and other qued missions to get your marks, OR you can run around for 1 min and 30 seconds to scan things once a day. It's not Cryptics fault you have CHOSEN not to do it the easy way.
# 10
07-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvalle View Post
Quote:
For Romulan marks, it IS easy. Just because you don't 'want' to do it doesn't mean it is a hard thing to do. You have a choice. You can either do the Tau dewa daily, and other qued missions to get your marks, OR you can run around for 1 min and 30 seconds to scan things once a day. It's not Cryptics fault you have CHOSEN not to do it the easy way.
Seriously. Romulan Marks are by FAR the easiest to get. You get get 400 marks every 5 days doing epohhs alone. The fact that you don't like epohh tagging does not mean that Romulan Marks are grindy. It means you don't like it. Big difference.

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.