Lt. Commander
# 1001
07-08-2010, 03:20 AM
I was wandering if i wanted to avoid download the client and stuff again if i just use wine directly what would u suggest for library overrides and settings? trying it out with wine had a very bad framerate and also had no sound in gameplay except character selection screen ( saw ur advice in appdb about the sound library override but that only gave me sound till actualy gameplay

SIlly me copied over my steam app STO folder in app contents and it worked like a charm with very good framerate Only the font look terrible in the chatbox
Question : Have you installed corefonts in your bottle / wrapper
Lt. Commander
# 1002
07-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaizardo
I was wandering if i wanted to avoid download the client and stuff again if i just use wine directly what would u suggest for library overrides and settings? trying it out with wine had a very bad framerate and also had no sound in gameplay except character selection screen ( saw ur advice in appdb about the sound library override but that only gave me sound till actualy gameplay

SIlly me copied over my steam app STO folder in app contents and it worked like a charm with very good framerate Only the font look terrible in the chatbox
Question : Have you installed corefonts in your bottle / wrapper
i fought the fonts for awhile... but I was told that they render the fonts in game themselves.. and don't use any system fonts... they don't scale to small size good cuz of somehow Wine is handling them differently.. or that no AA works at all.
Lt. Commander
# 1003
07-08-2010, 03:02 PM
First I would like to Thank and congratulate Doh123 and the rest of his development team for Making STO for The MAC. I LOVE IT. I didnt want to install windows cause of (1,000 reasons go here), and because of yous I dont have to now. Thank you guys. PS you should setup a donation box for people to give you back a little.

The one thing I am having a problem with is Moving on The Ground. I dont know if its wineskin or The actual game (cause I did have movement trouble on the ground when I played the game on PC), but whats happening is that when the camera is facing foward... I press W ... and my guy moves backwards. I checked options and it shows my settings are W for foward. Plus the camera sometimes behaves eratically. If your moving it itll move weirdly (jumps to my avatar directly facing up or facing down).

Last thing ... Will antialiasing be available in the future?

And doh123 and you other developers show up at a convention... Im buying yous a drink
Lt. Commander
# 1004
07-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanNYGUARD View Post
The one thing I am having a problem with is Moving on The Ground. I dont know if its wineskin or The actual game (cause I did have movement trouble on the ground when I played the game on PC), but whats happening is that when the camera is facing foward... I press W ... and my guy moves backwards. I checked options and it shows my settings are W for foward. Plus the camera sometimes behaves eratically. If your moving it itll move weirdly (jumps to my avatar directly facing up or facing down).

Last thing ... Will antialiasing be available in the future?

And doh123 and you other developers show up at a convention... Im buying yous a drink
I haven't noticed any problems like that on the ground.. W always goes forward for me... not sure what to say there... do you have an ~/.Xmodmap set for X11 apps on your computer? it could be messing with stuff since this runs under a X server.

I hope AA will be available, but getting it to work is way over my head right now.. its a Wine issue.. and with what I know I haven't been able to figure it out... it doesn't work in Wine on many many many games, yet in some it does work fine. I been working more on getting RANDR working first for better window and resolution switching support.. but its not going too good. Xquartz has it slated now for 2.5.2 version... which should be before the end of the year, so they might get it working decently before I do.. then i can just use theirs.
EDIT: looks like Xquartz is pushing it off to 2.6.0 ... I might have to spend more time with it... see if I can get it working.
Lt. Commander
# 1005
07-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
I haven't noticed any problems like that on the ground.. W always goes forward for me... not sure what to say there... do you have an ~/.Xmodmap set for X11 apps on your computer? it could be messing with stuff since this runs under a X server.

I hope AA will be available, but getting it to work is way over my head right now.. its a Wine issue.. and with what I know I haven't been able to figure it out... it doesn't work in Wine on many many many games, yet in some it does work fine. I been working more on getting RANDR working first for better window and resolution switching support.. but its not going too good. Xquartz has it slated now for 2.5.2 version... which should be before the end of the year, so they might get it working decently before I do.. then i can just use theirs.
EDIT: looks like Xquartz is pushing it off to 2.6.0 ... I might have to spend more time with it... see if I can get it working.
Found out the problem. It was because I didnt have a right click available on my mouse.

But I notice 2 other things ... maybe I didnt do the settings right... what do you think:

1. All the starships in the game including mine dont have the glow of The Nacelles, Deflector Dish and the Room lights on the outside of the ship are missing.

2. WHen I rotate the camera sometimes it freaks out ... it jumps to the avatar / ship and goes up,down all around lol. It behaves eratice at these times. But if I move it slow and careful it wont freak.
Lt. Commander
# 1006
07-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Found out the problem. It was because I didnt have a right click available on my mouse.

But I notice 2 other things ... maybe I didnt do the settings right... what do you think:

1. All the starships in the game including mine dont have the glow of The Nacelles, Deflector Dish and the Room lights on the outside of the ship are missing.

2. WHen I rotate the camera sometimes it freaks out ... it jumps to the avatar / ship and goes up,down all around lol. It behaves eratice at these times. But if I move it slow and careful it wont freak.
the graphics problem may be your GPU... some people seem to have that problem, which GPU do you have?

STO handles the mouse funny... and if it hits (while invis) the edge of the desktop, it sends back really weird info and things can spin crazy. I've found it annoying at certain times, but its usually pretty easy to work around.
Lt. Commander
# 1007
07-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
the graphics problem may be your GPU... some people seem to have that problem, which GPU do you have?

STO handles the mouse funny... and if it hits (while invis) the edge of the desktop, it sends back really weird info and things can spin crazy. I've found it annoying at certain times, but its usually pretty easy to work around.
I have The iMac 27' i5 Quad Core - ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 mb

I heard this is a really good Graphics card.
Lt. Commander
# 1008
07-11-2010, 11:42 PM
Quote:
I have The iMac 27' i5 Quad Core - ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 mb

I heard this is a really good Graphics card.
are you using the 1.1 wrapper? or did you try the 1.2 beta? YOur might work better with GLSL on, which is off by default in the 1.1 wrapper, cuz there was some crash problems with the older version of Wine in that one on several cards.
Lt. Commander
# 1009 Tribble Server...
07-12-2010, 10:05 AM
I am running my system under WINE code on an old 2007-08' model Apple laptop. Every time I get to the Launcher and press "Option" to try to force verify Tribble Shard updates it crashes now. What should I do?
Lt. Commander
# 1010
07-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurt.locker
I am running my system under WINE code on an old 2007-08' model Apple laptop. Every time I get to the Launcher and press "Option" to try to force verify Tribble Shard updates it crashes now. What should I do?
your not using this wrapper? what version of Wine? Did you follow the directions for normal Wine usage on the AppDB?
Closed Thread