Lt. Commander
# 1011 Sorry...
07-12-2010, 11:52 AM
I think the conflict was that the CrossOver for Mac and the Wineskin Wrapper were conflicting. I uninstalled the Crossover. Thanks though. By the way, Is there a way I can play without using fullscreen as this may seem like a newbie question.
Lt. Commander
# 1012
07-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurt.locker
I think the conflict was that the CrossOver for Mac and the Wineskin Wrapper were conflicting. I uninstalled the Crossover. Thanks though. By the way, Is there a way I can play without using fullscreen as this may seem like a newbie question.
they shouldn't be able to conflict at all...

I have directions explaining about fullscreen and window options in the directions with the wrapper.
Lt. Commander
# 1013
07-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
the graphics problem may be your GPU... some people seem to have that problem, which GPU do you have?

STO handles the mouse funny... and if it hits (while invis) the edge of the desktop, it sends back really weird info and things can spin crazy. I've found it annoying at certain times, but its usually pretty easy to work around.
Any way to fix the camera ... its actually getting to me. Its really bad on the ground missions...
Lt. Commander
# 1014
07-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanNYGUARD View Post
Any way to fix the camera ... its actually getting to me. Its really bad on the ground missions...
only if I could get proper RANDR in Xquartz... so a virtual desktop wouldn't be needed anymore. Its using one in fullscreen, its just kinda faking it to make it look like a normal fullscreen.

If you use the direction to get into a normal window mode, it shouldn't happen... but thats not always extremely stable when it comes to resizing the window.
Lt. Commander
# 1015
07-14-2010, 04:43 AM
I'd just like to give a big thanks for this. I couldn't even get STO to run under windows vista, but now it runs smoothly under mac. I have to keep the settings fairly low, but that's OK.

Tested and working on 2 hackintosh systems (don't fret, I bought OSX licenses)

Desktop: core2quad with nvidia 8800 GT
Laptop: Core2duo with nvidia 9800m GS

On a related note I also managed to get Mirror's Edge to run using your wrapper.. I used to use wine but I hadn't heard of winewrapper before! Great fun! thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 1016
07-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugosaki View Post
I'd just like to give a big thanks for this. I couldn't even get STO to run under windows vista, but now it runs smoothly under mac. I have to keep the settings fairly low, but that's OK.

Tested and working on 2 hackintosh systems (don't fret, I bought OSX licenses)

Desktop: core2quad with nvidia 8800 GT
Laptop: Core2duo with nvidia 9800m GS

On a related note I also managed to get Mirror's Edge to run using your wrapper.. I used to use wine but I hadn't heard of winewrapper before! Great fun! thanks!
thats cool that its working. You used Wineskin itself to make a Mirror's Edge wrapper, or just threw it in the STO wrapper? I know some people over at portingteam.com have been trying to get it to work, but not sure everything they've tried.
Lt. Commander
# 1017
07-16-2010, 06:25 PM
I just ran into an issue using the beta3, what could be causing it to not launch at all? It had stalled out earlier today with a Cryptic error and didn't get a chance to start back up till just a little bit ago. Went right through the verification of files but once I hit engage, it went to load the game and just blacked out for a good several minutes, after which I hit the force quit program. Now the icon will bounce in the tray but will not even get to lighting up. I'm wondering if the fact for whatever reason, 700+ MB of my 2 GB RAM is up in inactive, has anything to do with this. I was going to reboot the computer today anyways for the reason of clearing that kind of stuff, I would just like to know if you think that may clear up this little issue or if the inactive RAM may be the result and not the cause. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 1018
07-17-2010, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeCarozza
I just ran into an issue using the beta3, what could be causing it to not launch at all? It had stalled out earlier today with a Cryptic error and didn't get a chance to start back up till just a little bit ago. Went right through the verification of files but once I hit engage, it went to load the game and just blacked out for a good several minutes, after which I hit the force quit program. Now the icon will bounce in the tray but will not even get to lighting up. I'm wondering if the fact for whatever reason, 700+ MB of my 2 GB RAM is up in inactive, has anything to do with this. I was going to reboot the computer today anyways for the reason of clearing that kind of stuff, I would just like to know if you think that may clear up this little issue or if the inactive RAM may be the result and not the cause. Thanks.
the Wine process(s) are probably hung int he background...

you can try opening terminal and typing

killall wine

if there were none stuck, it will tell you there were no processes.. otherwise it wont say anything.
Lt. Commander
# 1019
07-17-2010, 07:03 AM
Quote:
the Wine process(s) are probably hung int he background...

you can try opening terminal and typing

killall wine

if there were none stuck, it will tell you there were no processes.. otherwise it wont say anything.
Wont know now, since I've restarted the computer. Wont know for a little bit if it will run or not as I don't have any time to really start it up today. But at least if it happens again, I could stop the process on my own if it is hanging up. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 1020
07-19-2010, 04:26 AM
Quote:
thats cool that its working. You used Wineskin itself to make a Mirror's Edge wrapper, or just threw it in the STO wrapper? I know some people over at portingteam.com have been trying to get it to work, but not sure everything they've tried.
Since you asked, I took the STO wrapper, copied the install directory for mirror's edge off a windows system it was already installed on, redirected the config to launch the mirrors edge .exe instead of the star trek one, then just changed the icon and away I went.

It's a little low on FPS and i can't run it full res, but it works.
Closed Thread