Lt. Commander
# 1201
11-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenking
So I disabled GSL, and it still crashed. Now the screen on my computer outside of STO is magnified with a black margin on the left?
your using 1.2 I guess...

while STO crashed, the wine process is still running and probably frozen.. so the wrapper doesn't know there is a problem, so hasn't fixed your resolution.

open Terminal.app and type

killall wine

and it should fix everything.

I have no idea why its crashing for you... what is your GPU? Have you tried the 1.3 beta? I'm guessing you have a geforce 9400 or 9600... both of which run this game fine cuz i have a Macbook Pro with those and it runs ok.
Lt. Commander
# 1202
11-24-2010, 07:14 PM
It ran before just fine. So I don't know why it wouldn't now. Tomorrow or the next day I will install the 1.3 .
Lt. Commander
# 1203
11-25-2010, 06:05 PM
First, thank you very much for all your work on this project. You're making this game more playable for a lot of people.

Second, here are my stats:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Third, I'm not playing "this game." I really want to play Champions Online on my mac. I only just heard of the game, though, so what I actually want to do is play the free-trial version that's up right now (in preparation for the free-2-play game coming out in the new year). Based on a thread from the COL forums (http://championsonlineroleplayers.co...b_post_3527404), I found your thread and tried to run your Wineskin, but I'm having trouble.

I double-clicked the STO logo, I aimed it at the file "ChampionsDownloader_Atari.exe," and it got to about 10% when there was a iexplorer error, which does make a lot of sense to me, and then, at 24% of the install, it said it had encountered a fatal error and crapped out. Now, when I try to do the same thing, I end up with the pinwheel that says "The tool you selected is running..." but the installation doesn't actually start.

Any idea what I've done, here? I feel like there's some fundamental element of this that I'm not understanding. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 1204
11-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealorion View Post
First, thank you very much for all your work on this project. You're making this game more playable for a lot of people.

Second, here are my stats:

Model Identifier: MacBook5,1
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Third, I'm not playing "this game." I really want to play Champions Online on my mac. I only just heard of the game, though, so what I actually want to do is play the free-trial version that's up right now (in preparation for the free-2-play game coming out in the new year). Based on a thread from the COL forums (http://championsonlineroleplayers.co...b_post_3527404), I found your thread and tried to run your Wineskin, but I'm having trouble.

I double-clicked the STO logo, I aimed it at the file "ChampionsDownloader_Atari.exe," and it got to about 10% when there was a iexplorer error, which does make a lot of sense to me, and then, at 24% of the install, it said it had encountered a fatal error and crapped out. Now, when I try to do the same thing, I end up with the pinwheel that says "The tool you selected is running..." but the installation doesn't actually start.

Any idea what I've done, here? I feel like there's some fundamental element of this that I'm not understanding. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
I haven't tried CO, but others have done it with this same wrapper.

The problem is that your trying to use a downloader, and not an actual install.

If there is a torrent download like for STO, try doing that and getting the actual installer... or you can use that downloader on Windows and then copy the stuff it downloads over to your Mac... once you have the actual installation files that the downloader gets.. then use the Installer in the wrapper to install the actual game.
Lt. Commander
# 1205
11-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Oh, of course! Thank you.

And I'm off...
Lt. Commander
# 1206
11-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi there,

First off thanks for the great work!! I am having an issue and wondering if you could help.

I tried to load the windows version on my parallels partition to no avail, but it installed. So I went ahead and copied the Cryptic folder into the package contents of your package.

When I go to start the game I get a direct3d error.

I have a MBP Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.93 ghz, 8 gb memory,

Under Graphics cards it shows both nvidia geforce 9600m and 9600m GT.

When I bring up the program I always choose the default graphics.

The wine graphics are set for the same as my native desktop resolution.

Any advice?
Lt. Commander
# 1207
11-28-2010, 10:39 AM
oh and I have done the enabled and disabled thing you mentioned in the pdf...still no go...
Lt. Commander
# 1208
11-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters
Hi there,

First off thanks for the great work!! I am having an issue and wondering if you could help.

I tried to load the windows version on my parallels partition to no avail, but it installed. So I went ahead and copied the Cryptic folder into the package contents of your package.

When I go to start the game I get a direct3d error.

I have a MBP Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.93 ghz, 8 gb memory,

Under Graphics cards it shows both nvidia geforce 9600m and 9600m GT.

When I bring up the program I always choose the default graphics.

The wine graphics are set for the same as my native desktop resolution.

Any advice?
so I'm guessing your using the 1.2 wrapper?

make sure in the screen settings in WineskinSettings that you have it set to fullscreen... if its not launching fullscreen, it will for sure get direct3d errors as it wont be able to adjust any resolutions.

If you use the 1.3beta wrapper (which I need to update soon to a new less buggy beta), it doesn't have those limitations... you can just launch it and it can switch between fullscreen and windowed and have resolution changes and such.

Thats the only time I've seen the direct3d error, is if its trying to basically launch as rootless so its stuck with only 1 reso available.... which errors during probing the hardware no matter what.

I'd really recommend trying the 1.3 beta
Lt. Commander
# 1209
11-28-2010, 05:04 PM
I installed 1.3 and everything is running fine. Thanks for the help!
Lt. Commander
# 1210
12-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Hello,

I have installed Star Trek Online using your newest beta wrapper. I tried to run it, logged in, and had an error. So, I followed your instructions and disabled the GSL..... Now, it will work after I log in up until it wants me to adjust the scroll bar until I can read three words. After I get to that point, an error pops up.

Thank you!

My specs:
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Closed Thread