Lt. Commander
# 1211
12-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotcorbomite View Post
Hello,

I have installed Star Trek Online using your newest beta wrapper. I tried to run it, logged in, and had an error. So, I followed your instructions and disabled the GSL..... Now, it will work after I log in up until it wants me to adjust the scroll bar until I can read three words. After I get to that point, an error pops up.

Thank you!

My specs:
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
sadly, I doubt you'll be able to get that to work. a Macbook2,1 is an older Macbook with Intel integrated graphics. You realyl need a newer machine to run this, or at least one with a decent GPU.
Lt. Commander
# 1212
12-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Hello,

I have installed Star Trek Online using your newest beta wrapper. I tried to run it, logged in, and had an error. So, I followed your instructions and disabled the GSL..... Now, it will work after I log in up until it wants me to adjust the scroll bar until I can read three words. After I get to that point, an error pops up.

Thank you!

My specs:
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
I am having the same issue attempting this on my iMac....It must have to do with something else rather than computer specs...

Specs:
3.06Ghz Intel Core i3
4GB memory
ATI Radeon HD 4670 with 256MB
Lt. Commander
# 1213
12-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhus View Post
I am having the same issue attempting this on my iMac....It must have to do with something else rather than computer specs...

Specs:
3.06Ghz Intel Core i3
4GB memory
ATI Radeon HD 4670 with 256MB
what does the error actually say? What did you do, what happens exactly... need more details.

You don't really want to disable GLSL on an ATI card. nvidia under Wine can do some higher level shaders without GLSL, but ATI really needs it without seriously downgrading the graphics.
Lt. Commander
# 1214 Season 3 Update
12-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Hi all,
I switched from 1.2 to 1.3 beta2 and everything was great GLSL enabled. OSX 10.6.5 on 2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro 7.1 (nvidia 320M)

Updated to season three and repeatedly saw problems about the launcher app in the process. Repeated a couple of time until the patch finished, but still can't load the launcher.

"internet explorer cannot download launcher_login from launcher.startrekonline.com"

Anybody else having problems running season 3?
Lt. Commander
# 1215
12-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Getting Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in "countdown from 9 seconds". It just keeps doing that after posting Connecting: Version ST.1-.20101129a.17 on the launcher.

I cannot get past the patch part.
Lt. Commander
# 1216
12-09-2010, 03:27 PM
I haven't been able to get past 8% download of the season three update. I'm still on 1.2 of the launcher. Would going to the 1.3beta2 fix my problem?
Lt. Commander
# 1217
12-09-2010, 04:42 PM
I have actually not been able to patch even with the 1.3beta2
Will investigate if moving the STO installation on my bootcamp will work.
Lt. Commander
# 1218 Strange Fix
12-09-2010, 05:04 PM
So I copied my old game files into a newly downloaded wrapper (1.3 beta). It finished the patch (it supposedly did so before ) and works fine now.

Tried messing around with the old one, but to no avail.
Lt. Commander
# 1219
12-09-2010, 10:33 PM
very often there are patching issues, and downloads get corrupted. I have no idea if this is anything to do with Wine or not... sometimes you have to try multiple times, or do a full file check... or sometimes even delete the affected file and let the patcher re-download it... i was having trouble getting patches earlier, but right now its downloading fine... but I haven't gotten to try it out yet.
Lt. Commander
# 1220
12-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Quote:
what does the error actually say? What did you do, what happens exactly... need more details.

You don't really want to disable GLSL on an ATI card. nvidia under Wine can do some higher level shaders without GLSL, but ATI really needs it without seriously downgrading the graphics.
I've tried it with the GLSL enabled and disabled.... and have had the most success with it disabled. I log in, and have to click "Yes, with lowered settings" (otherwise it will crash immediately). Then, it runs through the "Cryptic" and "Atari" loading screens. After that, it gets to the screen that wants me to adjust the sliding bar until I can see all three lines. Every time I get to this point, I get the "Oops Cryptic Error", and it closes without going any further.
Closed Thread