Lt. Commander
# 131 Head Start
01-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Will this be affected by the head start program?
Lt. Commander
# 132
01-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveken View Post
Hmm, I can't get it to work and I can't find a WineskinSettings.app in the contents of the file. When I tried to unzip the downloaded file, it gives me an error message. Just something about the archive extraction failed. I don't really know what to do. I am thinking that the WineskinSettings thing being missing might have something to do with it.
it sounds like your download was corrupted.. you might try downloading it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert_Boberson
Will this be affected by the head start program?
it should work just fine for headstart as well... dunno why it wouldn't. I'll find out on Friday when I try to play.
Lt. Commander
# 133
01-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Quote:
it sounds like your download was corrupted.. you might try downloading it again.
Well, the only problem with that is that I have downloaded it 6 times now. Exactly the same each time.
Lt. Commander
# 134
01-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Well, the only problem with that is that I have downloaded it 6 times now. Exactly the same each time.
I'm checking the download... I have TONS of stuff on my Mediafire account there, and have seen things get corrupted before.. let me make sure the file up there is good for sure.

EDIT:

I double checked the download.. downloaded it to a new machine and unpackaged it and used it.. and it was just fine....

let me put up the MD5sum...

you know how to check that?

the download MD5 is 9da681e55cee18528b43c9bc6d2135eb

you have to check in terminal... in the right folder..
heres an example on how to check your download, assuming you have the zip file on your desktop, just copy and paste the following lines in Terminal.app.

Quote:
cd "$HOME/Desktop"
md5 "STO Unofficial Mac Beta2.zip"
the answer it comes up with should exactly equal the MD5 I gave above... if its different, than the file is corrupted. If its the same... something else weird is going on.

extracting should give no errors, and it should make a Folder called "STO Unofficial Mac Beta2" in it has two things, Directions.pdf, and Star Trek Online.app. You right click the .app and select "show package contents" to see inside of it.
Lt. Commander
# 135
01-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Hmm, it is coming up with that, but for some reason BetterZip and StuffIt both won't extract it right.

EDIT: Yeah, I know about the looking in the show contents area. Like I said before, it doesn't seem to have the WineskinSettings.app for one. I have copied my install folder over like you said and run it, but it just sits there with the icon in the dock forever.
Lt. Commander
# 136
01-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Fricken "Archive Utility" worked that time. I hadn't tried it before. Lets see where I go now.
Lt. Commander
# 137
01-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Ok, that finally worked. It took a few seconds to start up, but it did come up. Unfortunately, I forgot that the OB closed at 8 my time. Guess I will have to wait. Headstart beings when? On the 31st?

I am still thinking about buying the lifetime subscription. Do you guys really think its worth it?
Lt. Commander
# 138
01-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Fricken "Archive Utility" worked that time. I hadn't tried it before. Lets see where I go now.
i used archive utility to make it... never seen anything not be able to unzip it... I just right click and hit "COmpress" ... I thought about making it a 7z which I like more, but I had a feeling people would get confused since the OS doesn't build in an extractor for that.... I guess I could put it in a DMG so its more "normal"

Quote:
Ok, that finally worked. It took a few seconds to start up, but it did come up. Unfortunately, I forgot that the OB closed at 8 my time. Guess I will have to wait. Headstart beings when? On the 31st?

I am still thinking about buying the lifetime subscription. Do you guys really think its worth it?
glad ya got it...

yes I think the lifetime is worth it.. I'll be playing this forever.. even if after a few years it gets down to only a few times a month. I've had MMORPGs I've played for well over 4 years.

and Head Start for pre-orders starts on Jan. 29th at 10am pacific.
Lt. Commander
# 139
01-27-2010, 07:01 AM
Doh, great job on heading the unofficial Mac version! Deffinately deserve a pat on the back. Will play with it this weekend when I have time and let you kow the results. Have me really excited about it!

Thanks for the work on it,

---
Mac Book Pro 17", Ver 10.6.2 , 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo, 8 Gigs 1066 Ram, OCZ 256 Gig MLC SSD.
Lt. Commander
# 140
01-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Thank you very much for posting this. I was able to install with no problems on my 15'' pro, the launcher worked fine but of course i couldn't get past the main login screen in-game.

The real treat here is that on a hunch i threw in my datafiles from champions online, changed the .exe and that worked perfectly with no changes needed! Heroesbane is once again cleaning the mean streets of gangs and come tomorrow Capt. Roderick will be exploring brave new worlds.

One i have spent more time with STO i will post my feedback
Closed Thread