Lt. Commander
# 1501
05-13-2011, 11:24 AM
First off, major thanks for this, I've been enjoying it for a long, long time.

I just upgraded to 1.3.1 and whenever I run it, it changes the colour temperature of my OS from the standard Apple one (slightly warm) to a very blue tinted one. Are there any settings I can modify to keep this using my default OS colour profile?
Lt. Commander
# 1502
05-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealShark View Post
First off, major thanks for this, I've been enjoying it for a long, long time.

I just upgraded to 1.3.1 and whenever I run it, it changes the colour temperature of my OS from the standard Apple one (slightly warm) to a very blue tinted one. Are there any settings I can modify to keep this using my default OS colour profile?
run Wineskin.app and go to screen settings and turn off the gamma correction. It does a standard gamma raise which on some screens gives it a blue looking tint.
Lt. Commander
# 1503
05-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
run Wineskin.app and go to screen settings and turn off the gamma correction. It does a standard gamma raise which on some screens gives it a blue looking tint.
Perfect, that solved it! Thanks a bunch.
Lt. Commander
# 1504 Error 36
05-15-2011, 08:21 AM
I install the wineskin and load champions online. It gets to the launcher fie but when patching gives me" Error 36" which I'm told by crytic may be because the app isnt running in administrator mode. Would you know what I could do to fix this issue?
Lt. Commander
# 1505 ????
05-16-2011, 12:09 AM
I don't know how to explain this properly, but I am going to try. This is the second time this has happened to me. The game will randomly freeze and when I restart my computer, pertinent files from STO will just be gone. I had to delete everything STO I had and re-download them. Now everytime I try to set up the game it either encounters a serious problem, or for some other reason fails to set up properly. Has anyone else experienced this?
Lt. Commander
# 1506
05-16-2011, 01:06 AM
I have been using STO on my Mac for a while now, and every time I go to ESD, it crashes. It wasn't much of a problem before, but now its getting annoying. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 1507 Lion
05-16-2011, 09:03 PM
In case anyone was wondering: this wrapper works great under OS X Lion. No issues yet.
Lt. Commander
# 1508
05-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral-Pat
I have been using STO on my Mac for a while now, and every time I go to ESD, it crashes. It wasn't much of a problem before, but now its getting annoying. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks.
I had this problem and fixed it by lowering my graphics settings.

Lt. Commander
# 1509 Good to know, but...
05-17-2011, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koobi
In case anyone was wondering: this wrapper works great under OS X Lion. No issues yet.
just out of curiosity what are you specs? IBM integrated graphics?
Lt. Commander
# 1510
05-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredrage
I install the wineskin and load champions online. It gets to the launcher fie but when patching gives me" Error 36" which I'm told by crytic may be because the app isnt running in administrator mode. Would you know what I could do to fix this issue?
no idea really... if your running it from /Applications, you shouldn't be able to get that error unless some files in the STO install are corrupt.. You might have to do a STO full fule check... or try reinstalling it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosukedate View Post
I don't know how to explain this properly, but I am going to try. This is the second time this has happened to me. The game will randomly freeze and when I restart my computer, pertinent files from STO will just be gone. I had to delete everything STO I had and re-download them. Now everytime I try to set up the game it either encounters a serious problem, or for some other reason fails to set up properly. Has anyone else experienced this?
I do not know why it would get corrupted, but its possible for anything to do that when the system locks up. You need to figure out why the system is locking up... Wineskin itself shouldn't be able to. Most lock ups would either be a graphics driver issue (rare, but in Apple's hands), or some other system level software thats been installed, or a hardware problem (including overheating).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral-Pat
There is something in ESD that causes a crash, but if you turn the graphics settings way down (usually half resolution works) it will let it load in without crashing. ITs annoying, but it doesn't seem like anyones really figured out the problem yet (including myself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koobi
Wineskin 2+ wrappers should all work in Lion Fine. The actual Wineskin tools for making and configuring wrappers are fixed for Lion as well.. Wineskin wrappers 2.1+ and Wineskin Winery 1.1+. I'm not currently aware of any problems related to Lion with anything in the Wineskin project. Even most of the old 1.x wrappers are running ok in Lion... I always try to code things in very standard ways... so they don't break easy.
Closed Thread