Lt. Commander
# 1581
07-09-2011, 08:56 AM
i got it to work!! tnx doh123
Lt. Commander
# 1582
07-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Tried out the new 1.3.2 on 10.7 (developer preview 4). Game loads fine, but if I try to change the screen res, it crashes to desktop immediately. Didn't have any issues running 1.3.1 on 10.7. Of course beta software + beta software is probably the reason for the crashing.
Lt. Commander
# 1583
07-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-El
Tried out the new 1.3.2 on 10.7 (developer preview 4). Game loads fine, but if I try to change the screen res, it crashes to desktop immediately. Didn't have any issues running 1.3.1 on 10.7. Of course beta software + beta software is probably the reason for the crashing.
Some change in Season 4 is causing the whole X server to crash when Wine tries to change resolutions... I've been working on a newer x server build and testing, but I still haven't narrowed down why its crashing. You just have to work around it for now using Wineskin.app -> Screen Options -> Override -> Fullscreen and set your STO resolution. This is actually a Wine virtual desktop faked to work like a fullscreen, so it works, and lets you use CMD+Opt+A to toggle in and out and such... you cannot easily get to the normal windowed mode this way though.
Lt. Commander
# 1584
07-10-2011, 04:12 PM
I am experiencing this crash issue too. I have tried what you suggested, but it still isn't working. I've tried several different resolution settings and it always crashes/freezes. I have the logs from a test run when it crashed if that can help you. Let me know what to do.
Lt. Commander
# 1585
07-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird02
I am experiencing this crash issue too. I have tried what you suggested, but it still isn't working. I've tried several different resolution settings and it always crashes/freezes. I have the logs from a test run when it crashed if that can help you. Let me know what to do.
which crash? if its while changing resolutions, what i suggested really has to work.. theres no way it can crash the X server, since the X server is crashing with problems creating/destroying windows, and when you use Override, there is only 1 window that never gets re-created or destroyed.

Make sure you have it set up correctly... in Wineskin.app, Set Screen Options. Override -> Fullscreen, and you have to select the Resolution you want to run if you don't want to run the full native screen resolution, or it will only have some standard 4:3 (no widescreen) resolutions available. Make sure you have "Decorate windows" in there still disabled too.

If you do all that and something is still crashing, you need to tell me what the crash actually says, because you might be having a completely different crash.
Lt. Commander
# 1586
07-10-2011, 09:08 PM
That did the trick for me. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 1587
07-11-2011, 07:22 AM
The game no longer works for me. I never get to the character selection screen. It just stays at the load screen and then the screen goes all screwy.

When i last played i had the video settings turned all the way up. Since I can't get into the game i can't turn it down.

Help please!
Lt. Commander
# 1588
07-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naphl View Post
The game no longer works for me. I never get to the character selection screen. It just stays at the load screen and then the screen goes all screwy.

When i last played i had the video settings turned all the way up. Since I can't get into the game i can't turn it down.

Help please!
When you start the launcher go into Options and check the box "Safe Mode" it will start the game in a small screen then you can put your graphics settings down and restart the game.
Lt. Commander
# 1589
07-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxa
I'm checking out STO after a long hiatus, glad to see the unofficial Mac bottle is still being updated.

I tried 1.3.1, but had several crashes, usually just after transitioning to a new zone or area, so I grabbed 1.3.2 to try instead. I now have full video options enabled, however the mouse-look camera seems broken. While looking around, the camera jumps around as if there is a tremendous amount of video lag, however steering the ship with my keyboard (and just watching stuff move around me) reveals a smooth framerate, so it I think I can discount any kind of performance issue. This camera issue was not present in the 1.3.1 bottle.

My computer is:
iMac 3.4 Core i7
12 GB Memory
AMD Radeon HD 6970M
OSX 10.6.8

I hope that's helpful

Yep, after the latest 50Mb patch i got the mouse-look camera problem. Everything else works fine except that. I'm running most recent updated everything with 1.3.2b. Man prior to Season 4 with 1.3.1 the game worked perfectly, now with the updates weird problems are happening. I can't play with this mouse-look problem so that blows.
Lt. Commander
# 1590
07-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonCapitan
Yep, after the latest 50Mb patch i got the mouse-look camera problem. Everything else works fine except that. I'm running most recent updated everything with 1.3.2b. Man prior to Season 4 with 1.3.1 the game worked perfectly, now with the updates weird problems are happening. I can't play with this mouse-look problem so that blows.
1.3.1 should still work fine (besides the resolution resizing crash bug that Season 4 added)... and right now overall better than 1.3.2b. I only put the beta up cuz someone asked for it... its just stuff I'm messing with, I know its got problems.
Closed Thread