Lt. Commander
# 1601
07-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliotweeks View Post
Okay thank you, I was able to download and install it. However now when I try to start it I instantly get a message that says "Error: Choose Process" with two empty sections to input errors. No matter what I do the program crashes after about 5 seconds. I have tried toggling between useGLSL "enabled" and "disabled" and I get the same result. Is there a fix for this?

Thank you for your help and making it possible for mac owners to play STO!
what GPU and OS version are you running?
Lt. Commander
# 1602
07-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Mac OS X 10.6.8

My GPU is NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Lt. Commander
# 1603
07-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Mac OS X 10.6.8

My GPU is NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
should work... what does this "choose process" thing look like? I've never heard of that before. Does it look like a Windows window... or a Mac OS X window?
Lt. Commander
# 1604
07-17-2011, 10:28 PM
It's a windows window. There are two empty sections. One is to select the error that occurred and the other is for comments. There are two buttons at the bottom of the window. One says "Send" and the other says "Quit"
Lt. Commander
# 1605
07-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Hi there,

I've been playing STOP via the Unofficial Mac Version for a little over a year now and first would love to thank you for putting it together. I just patched to Crossfire, and went to load, and I get frozen at the Loading... screen with the blue Starfleet Insignia center screen. I'm runnong a MacBook Pro OSX 10.6.8 with 2gb Ram and a 9400M. AM I having issues because I can't handle the graphic load, or because the wineskin can't handle Crossfire? I'm also using the 1.3.2 Beta.

Captain Jonathan April
Lt. Commander
# 1606
07-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote:
It's a windows window. There are two empty sections. One is to select the error that occurred and the other is for comments. There are two buttons at the bottom of the window. One says "Send" and the other says "Quit"
I'm really not sure what could cause that... you may try taking the finished Cryptic Studios folder that is inside the wrapper now after you installed it, and put it over into a brand new copy of the wrapper... just like doing a wrapper upgrade in the directions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell_Halcyon
Hi there,

I've been playing STOP via the Unofficial Mac Version for a little over a year now and first would love to thank you for putting it together. I just patched to Crossfire, and went to load, and I get frozen at the Loading... screen with the blue Starfleet Insignia center screen. I'm runnong a MacBook Pro OSX 10.6.8 with 2gb Ram and a 9400M. AM I having issues because I can't handle the graphic load, or because the wineskin can't handle Crossfire? I'm also using the 1.3.2 Beta.

Captain Jonathan April
Right after patching, that screen set for me like 6 or 7 minutes... have you tried a few times? I'd also suggest using the 1.3.1 right now still as the beta is a bit buggy. 1.3.1 should work except for the new crashing bug with Crossfire and changing screen resolutions. I posted how to work around that a few posts up... annoying, but works.
Lt. Commander
# 1607
07-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks Doh! I'll give that a try
Lt. Commander
# 1608
07-20-2011, 02:41 PM
How does STO work on OSX Lion?
Lt. Commander
# 1609
07-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanNYGUARD View Post
depending on your GPU it might not be playable.

Just like always... when a new version is out its always got major problems until a few updates later. Snow Leopard is awesome right now, but it was horrid with tons of problems when it first came out...

I'd recommend if you want to game, to not go to Lion for quite a while.... at least until a few GPU driver updates.

I'm going to install Lion on a machine just for testing here sometime soon... I'll see if STO works when I do.
Lt. Commander
# 1610
07-21-2011, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanNYGUARD View Post
Not sure for ATI/AMD GPUs but for Nvidia its quite glitch and crash tastic. I would wait until Doh gets her hands on Lion and Apple starts posting the source code for their xQuartz implementation (if I remember at a main release the sources tend to be quite behind until Apple updates the public source code and the community tends to fix stuff from there with Apple's maintenance update being mostly catch-up with the public code). That and Nvidia GPU drivers get updated.
Closed Thread