Lt. Commander
# 1621
07-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaelusPrime
Hi I'm having troubles after the OS 10.6.8 update I get a black screen before my character selection main page. Here are my specs:
MBPro
Processor: 2x 2.26
Ram: 4GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

It was working brilliantly up until 2 weeks ago.

I either get a black screen or the com badge "loading screen" but it never loads. (last night I let it try to load overnight still stuck loading this morning). CMD Q sometimes works to quit - then I get an error report:

I can send you the error report as it is too long to post

I have the "test run" log file too that I can send if it will help troubleshooting

What do you think?
So my problem is quite similar.

I am using the following:

MB Pro
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53GHz
4GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce 9400M + Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT

First of all I had it crashing on the Star Trek logo (after the cryptic/atari logo's)
after doing " Override -> Fullscreen -> and select the resolution you want to run in STO"
It now passed the Star Trek Logo and I can hear music but I can't see anything at all, just a screen flicker.

Any ideas where im going wrong?

(oh and im a slight novice at this...lol)

UPDATE: I tried changing from high performace to better battery and back, now when i boot up the game i still only get to see he star trek logo, but i have music and when i move my mouse around i can hear me highlighting menu options

UPDATE 2: Safe mode = Success!
Lt. Commander
# 1622 thats great
07-26-2011, 02:30 PM
how did u do that im having the exact same issue
like i can here the music but im still stuck on the loading page
Lt. Commander
# 1623
07-27-2011, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbz106 View Post
how did u do that im having the exact same issue
like i can here the music but im still stuck on the loading page
before you press the Engage button after the patcher goes... up top is a link called Options. If you click that you get another window pop up where you can select Safe Mode. Apparently this has worked for a few people.
Lt. Commander
# 1624 Does it still work on LION????
07-27-2011, 07:08 AM
Hi I just recently upgraded my Mac OSX to 10.7 Lion, and discovered while the screen turns blue as usual STO wouldn't start when I clicked on the icon. HELP! Does the wineskin thing still work on Lion? What should I do?
Lt. Commander
# 1625 It can play on Lion!
07-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Sorry it was a false alarm. STO can indeed still play on Lion. I restarted the macbook and it was okay. Sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 1626
07-27-2011, 10:04 AM
um... I seem the only one who uses the wrapper without any problems. However I'm not sure of that (I'm a bit low in levels) and maybe I will encounter problems in some of the areas of the game I haven't visited yet. Do you have any standard bugs (steps I should follow to reproduce them) in order to make sure that everything works (or not)?

Otherwise I would like to stress that It works!
Lt. Commander
# 1627
07-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
before you press the Engage button after the patcher goes... up top is a link called Options. If you click that you get another window pop up where you can select Safe Mode. Apparently this has worked for a few people.
yeah that was happening to me on my macbook pro when i upgraded to Lion. Safe mode seems to work, but of course it seems with less details. I have been loading in safe mode then slowly creeping up the details to see at what point it crashes. so far I am up to like mid-point, in the recommended area and no issues. though I did have some issues running it full screen on like desktop 4 and switching to other desktops.
Lt. Commander
# 1628
07-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoenATL
yeah that was happening to me on my macbook pro when i upgraded to Lion. Safe mode seems to work, but of course it seems with less details. I have been loading in safe mode then slowly creeping up the details to see at what point it crashes. so far I am up to like mid-point, in the recommended area and no issues. though I did have some issues running it full screen on like desktop 4 and switching to other desktops.
if you have an nvidia GPU, there are several bugs in the drivers causing problems... not only in things like this, but fully native games as well.

Some people have downloaded and installed the 10.6 nvidia drivers right from nvidia.com onto Lion and said it fixed many problems, but its nothing I've tried myself.
Lt. Commander
# 1629 loading screen
07-27-2011, 09:34 PM
it stays at the loading screen even after selecting the safe mode option. but i can still hear the music
Lt. Commander
# 1630
07-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbz106 View Post
it stays at the loading screen even after selecting the safe mode option. but i can still hear the music
What have you tried? System specs? Did you set the Override screen options in Wineskin.app?
Closed Thread