Lt. Commander
# 1661
08-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightLion
It won't leave the loading page. The minute the music starts to play, I know it should have left the loading page. I can also hear the sounds when I click on a button I can't see... Help?
tried it more than once? what GPU is in your machine?
Lt. Commander
# 1662 Hey
08-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Yeah I've tried it more than once... What's a GPU? hahaha sorry :/
Lt. Commander
# 1663
08-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Yeah I've tried it more than once... What's a GPU? hahaha sorry :/
Graphics Processing Unit... will be some nvidia, ATI/AMD, or an Intel.

what machine are you using... whats the full specs... or at least the model..?

If its a geforce 9400, they've been having problems since Crosfire, and peopl ehave had to hit Options up top before pressing Engage and select safe mode.
Lt. Commander
# 1664 Ok so
08-16-2011, 09:12 AM
I have a NVIDIA GeForce 320M

You said a geforce has a problem with crosfire? Ok so is there any way to solve this problem then?

PS Before I start the game a window will pop up saying do you want to play the game with normal or lowered settings/ graphics. I have tried both. How to I find options and hit safe?
Lt. Commander
# 1665
08-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
I have a NVIDIA GeForce 320M

You said a geforce has a problem with crosfire? Ok so is there any way to solve this problem then?

PS Before I start the game a window will pop up saying do you want to play the game with normal or lowered settings/ graphics. I have tried both. How to I find options and hit safe?
2 things to set up/try....

after you type your user name and password, after it checks for patching, before pressing Engage... look at the top of the window for the Options link. That is where you can find safe mode.

I'd also do, if I were you... go in Wineskin.app again under Screen Settings, set it to Override, at fullscreen, and choose the resolution you are wanting to run STO in. Things are a bit more stable that way, except its always in a fullscreen, including he log in window... but thats not a big deal, you can still multitask using the Cmd+Opt+A toggle.
Lt. Commander
# 1666
08-17-2011, 09:42 PM
hey doh123

got a question for you. every time i log off and quit STO... I go back to My Mac OSX Desktop but then get a error message saying STO unexpectedly quit - it then asks me to report, close or reopen. Whats causing this and how do I stop it?
Lt. Commander
# 1667
08-18-2011, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanNYGUARD View Post
hey doh123

got a question for you. every time i log off and quit STO... I go back to My Mac OSX Desktop but then get a error message saying STO unexpectedly quit - it then asks me to report, close or reopen. Whats causing this and how do I stop it?
are you using the override->fullscreen setting? ever since Crossfire, STO is crashing the X server very easily.. which is odd. No reports of any other game being able to do this... just STO. It shoudn't be able to with the override setting though because its all being run in a virtual desktop.
Lt. Commander
# 1668
08-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Tried installing this on my girlfriend's Macbook, but I continue to get the message "Error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid."

Any way to resolve this issue?
Lt. Commander
# 1669
08-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirminator2k View Post
Tried installing this on my girlfriend's Macbook, but I continue to get the message "Error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid."

Any way to resolve this issue?
When are you getting that error? during the game install?

I think the temp folder it uses is at...
{wrapper}/Contents/drive_c/windows/temp

While the app is not running, you might see if something is messed up buy right clicking on the app and selecting Show Package Contents, and going to that location... right clicking on the temp folder and selecting Get Info. Make sure the permissions on the folder is set for full read/write for everyone.

That might not be the right folder though... also check this one.
{wrapper}/Contents/drive_c/users/Wineskin/Temp

I do not know how those could have gotten messed up though if you did a fresh download of the wrapper... unless you copied it from one machine to another as an App and not in a dmg or zip file... the permissions on most apps get messed up if you move them around incorrectly.
Lt. Commander
# 1670
08-18-2011, 04:36 PM
The installer doesn't even get a chance to run because it throws up the temp folder error. Odd.

Anyway I solved the problem by copying the Star Trek Online folder from my PC over to her MacBook Pro. Works fine, albeit with some wobbly graphics issues, which are to be expected.
Closed Thread