Lt. Commander
# 1681
08-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
Antialiasing option in the game... which smooths jagged edges

Low shadows currently work, but are rather useless.

medium and high shadows are still not available... not sure which limitation is causing this.

what crashes? STO as in a Cryptic crash? or an OSX crash? You may need to try using the Override graphic settings thing described in the main post.

uihhh... I haven't heard of that one before... what is your system?
It looks like it's STO itself that is crashing. I get the message to report the crash to cryptic, after hitting submit the wrapper closes.

I have a 2.4 GHz MBP, 15", GeForce 8600M GT , OS 10.6.8.

24 hours ago the game worked fine, just not as smoothly as it used to, and not as well as I would have liked. I have also tried overriding graphics as you suggested, but the same issue. The whole thing is FUBAR now..
Lt. Commander
# 1682
08-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf45x
It looks like it's STO itself that is crashing. I get the message to report the crash to cryptic, after hitting submit the wrapper closes.

I have a 2.4 GHz MBP, 15", GeForce 8600M GT , OS 10.6.8.

24 hours ago the game worked fine, just not as smoothly as it used to, and not as well as I would have liked. I have also tried overriding graphics as you suggested, but the same issue. The whole thing is FUBAR now..
make sure in options that the on demand updates or whatever they were called is off... and have it do a check... a game file might have gotten corrupted.... already happened to me before
Lt. Commander
# 1683
08-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Quote:
make sure in options that the on demand updates or whatever they were called is off... and have it do a check... a game file might have gotten corrupted.... already happened to me before
Where is that option located?
Lt. Commander
# 1684
08-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf45x
Where is that option located?
in the Options menu when logging in... a link at the top of the STO log in screen that says Options.
Lt. Commander
# 1685 Not Working Anymore
08-28-2011, 10:48 PM
I have not played the game in a while and wanted to again but I press my icon and it doesn't start. The icon bounces once and nothing happens. I tried starting it form the Application Folder but nothing. I am running 10.6.8
any ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 1686
08-29-2011, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussda View Post
I have not played the game in a while and wanted to again but I press my icon and it doesn't start. The icon bounces once and nothing happens. I tried starting it form the Application Folder but nothing. I am running 10.6.8
any ideas?
right click the app, and select Show Package Contents.

double click to run Wineskin.app that you should see inside there.

In Wineskin.app click Advanced, and then use the Test Run button. When its done trying to run... it should prompt to show you log files, which may help tell us what is wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 1687
08-29-2011, 05:31 AM
Quote:
right click the app, and select Show Package Contents.

double click to run Wineskin.app that you should see inside there.

In Wineskin.app click Advanced, and then use the Test Run button. When its done trying to run... it should prompt to show you log files, which may help tell us what is wrong.
NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN I CLICK ADVANCED. IN ADDITION TO THE WINSKIN I SEE CONTENTS AND DRIVE_C IS THERE ANY INFO THAT WOULD BE USEFUL FROM THERE?
Lt. Commander
# 1688
08-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussda View Post
NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN I CLICK ADVANCED. IN ADDITION TO THE WINSKIN I SEE CONTENTS AND DRIVE_C IS THERE ANY INFO THAT WOULD BE USEFUL FROM THERE?
uhhh... a whole new window should appear when you click Advanced... if not something might be corrupted with your wrapper.

You could try to download a fresh copy, and just look inside the drive_c under Program Files and drag your Cryptic Studios folder that STO is installed to and simply move it to the new clean wrapper in the same location. That would be the easiest fix it the wrapper somehow got corrupted.
Lt. Commander
# 1689
08-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Quote:
in the Options menu when logging in... a link at the top of the STO log in screen that says Options.
It downloaded almost 3 gigs in updates, but now it's even more erratic. The game WAS working on my last generation Macbook, but even that wont load STO now- same issue. It's on 10.6.7.

I've also tried reloading the time machine backup from Sunday morning and same issues. I don't think it is the wrapper- i've tried DLing the wrapper multiple times and putting in STO there, but same issue again. Perhaps I can try reinstalling STO from scratch again, but damn that takes a long time.

Seriously, I wish Cryptic would just go back to season 3. Ever since season 4 reliability and usability of the game has just gotten worse and worse and worse. It's pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

My fleet is on teamspeak right now talking about all the brand spanking new bugs they are encountering.
Lt. Commander
# 1690
08-31-2011, 06:55 AM
Whatever happened seems to have been fixed for me with yesterday's patch. The game works again, for the most part, though I'm still scratching my head on what happened and why I have two computers I have the game loaded on and neither one worked.
Closed Thread