Lt. Commander
# 1691 it worked
08-31-2011, 08:09 PM
thank you it worked
Lt. Commander
# 1692
09-04-2011, 06:58 AM
I have been trying to change the resolution using your instructions in the first post but the changes I make never seem to be saved, any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 1693
09-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henshini View Post
I have been trying to change the resolution using your instructions in the first post but the changes I make never seem to be saved, any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Once you set the resolution in Wineskin, then STO will see that as your desktop resolution... So once in game go to STO options and the resolution should be listed in as an option in STO and work fine. You have to be sure to set it in both places.
Lt. Commander
# 1694
09-04-2011, 01:00 PM
That did it, thanks a bunch.
Lt. Commander
# 1695
09-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Hi there,

I just replaced my old iMac with a new 27" one and wanted to attempt this process again.
The thing is I don't fancy installing Windows on a nice clean, new machine.

Do you need STO installed on a bootcamp partition to use this or can I somehow set it up solely through OS X with the original game disk and your download?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Lt. Commander
# 1696
09-06-2011, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichimp View Post
Hi there,

I just replaced my old iMac with a new 27" one and wanted to attempt this process again.

Do you need STO installed on a bootcamp partition to use this or can I somehow set it up solely through OS X with the original game disk and your download?

Kind regards,
I think that you need the installation of the whole product somewhere. I used crossover games to produce an installed folder, and then moved that folder inside the app. I guess you can also use virtualbox (which is free) to create an installation and then erase the installed windows.
Lt. Commander
# 1697
09-06-2011, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Hi there,

Kind regards,
You do not need Windows, or any extra programs.

The wrapper comes with directions in a PDF that explain different ways to install. The wrapper has its own install tool you can install straight from the Disc. JUst download it and read through the PDF and it should answer your questions.
Lt. Commander
# 1698
09-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Oh really?

Perfect thanks for the response - I'll download it tonight and give it a whirl!

Kind regards,
Lt. Commander
# 1699
09-10-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Oh really?

Perfect thanks for the response - I'll download it tonight and give it a whirl!

Kind regards,
Yeah it's running well on my new 27" iMac.

--

I have a question though, regarding command-tabbing, three finger swiping to other desktops, etc.

I can't get any of this to work. I have to Apple-option-escape to close the app, and it crashes when I do. This makes it impossible to access other apps when I'm running STO. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 1700
09-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by congested View Post
Yeah it's running well on my new 27" iMac.

--

I have a question though, regarding command-tabbing, three finger swiping to other desktops, etc.

I can't get any of this to work. I have to Apple-option-escape to close the app, and it crashes when I do. This makes it impossible to access other apps when I'm running STO. Any suggestions? Thanks!
It captures the display for exclusive use... this helps make sure there are no focus issues, and helps the performance improve.

If you need to multitask, you can toggle between this mode and a pseudo-window using Cmd+Opt+A. With Crossfire though, you need to be using the Override->Fullscreen work-a-round for that to not cause the game to crash. A couple of times I've had it freeze my graphics too, so I hat to CMD+Q to quit and restart it... even though I could hear by sound the game was still running fine. Crossfire has added all kindsa problems I haven't gotten fixed.
Closed Thread