Lt. Commander
# 1751
11-05-2011, 12:06 PM
I am having the same issue, installs fine, hanging at the black logo screen.
Lt. Commander
# 1752 Mind meld crashes the client
11-10-2011, 07:38 AM
Something I started running into on Tribble with a vulcan I rolled for the beta. Any time I try to use my mind meld power (not nerve pinch) the client immediately crashes. This is especially awesome because I usually save that for boss fights. I'm guessing it's the same graphics memory issue we're running into with Qo'Nos and ESD. Any hope that will be addressed in the near future?
EB
Lt. Commander
# 1753
11-10-2011, 08:42 AM
*oops wrong forum* go ahead an delete this post
Lt. Commander
# 1754 test servers?
11-13-2011, 04:31 PM
How do I modify this to let me test on Tribble and Redshirt (the test servers)? The app always launches right past the screen where you can select the server so I cannot select it. Is there an option I can add to make it stop on the login screen where the patch/engage buttons are.
Lt. Commander
# 1755
11-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronZ
How do I modify this to let me test on Tribble and Redshirt (the test servers)? The app always launches right past the screen where you can select the server so I cannot select it. Is there an option I can add to make it stop on the login screen where the patch/engage buttons are.
before logging in, click Options up top and unselect quick launch... then it will stop and not auto start the game after you log in.
Lt. Commander
# 1756
11-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
Apple keeps their low 85 watt adapter even though the newer machines can pull much more power. They design them to pull battery power even when plugged in at times like that.

I use SMCFanControl to manually control my fans with many preset speeds I set up for them... to keep my machine cooler than Apple likes to keep it.

You can also add reduced GPU usage or frame rate caps in STO graphics (troubleshooting section) option to help some on power consumption and heat.

Graphics freezing when switching is a problem that happened along with many other issues that came about in the Crossfire update... the game doesn't run perfectly, but its at least playable.
Thanks Doh, I tried your solution out and have been testing it ever since you posted this and the game is running quite well now. Much appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 1757
11-14-2011, 10:48 PM
I've beentrying to look through all the pages here, but it's abit too much for a light read.

I've tried to get STO to work with wineskin, but I end up getting the login interface, but non of the menuitems react to a click.. hence I can write my logon credentials (but no tab between the fields) and submitting them doesn't work. Anyone got the same problem?
Lt. Commander
# 1758
11-15-2011, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Networked47
I've beentrying to look through all the pages here, but it's abit too much for a light read.

I've tried to get STO to work with wineskin, but I end up getting the login interface, but non of the menuitems react to a click.. hence I can write my logon credentials (but no tab between the fields) and submitting them doesn't work. Anyone got the same problem?
you mean your using the wrapper download from here? it sounds like you aren't... it will take a lot of work getting things running right if your making your own.
Lt. Commander
# 1759 Sto
11-19-2011, 08:29 AM
I reinstalled lion because I had a new harddrive. It seems to be working now. the only thing that isn't working in the new build is the sound which you already pointed out. But the new build is nice and fast get this working with sound it great. I still have to launch the game in safe mode first then put the gfx to max but thats is the only issue i have besides the sound(which you already pointed out
Lt. Commander
# 1760
11-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall_Mc
I reinstalled lion because I had a new harddrive. It seems to be working now. the only thing that isn't working in the new build is the sound which you already pointed out. But the new build is nice and fast get this working with sound it great. I still have to launch the game in safe mode first then put the gfx to max but thats is the only issue i have besides the sound(which you already pointed out
Been spending my time too much lately with Skyrim and SWTOR beta (neither of which I run with Windows :-) )... but I really don't know how to fix the sound issue.

There is an open bug report
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=28852
Closed Thread