Lt. Commander
# 1801
12-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoenATL
Does anyone know if there is a memory drain or something with Wine and STO. it seems like the longer the program is up and running the bigger the lag. I usually have to restart it to improve lag.
There is a memory leak while running the game... I've never claimed this to be a perfect solution :-)
Lt. Commander
# 1802
12-16-2011, 03:20 PM
cool, just didn't know if it was my system(s). Well the good news I increased my memory and hard drive space because of the game lol
Lt. Commander
# 1803
12-19-2011, 09:05 AM
doh123 - Are you working on a wrapper for SWTOR or do you have one avaliable?
Lt. Commander
# 1804
12-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
There is a memory leak while running the game... I've never claimed this to be a perfect solution :-)
Ok, So I have an 8 gig machine, and never noticed any leak... maybe because I don't play continiously usually but could you describe the leak? for instance in 30 minutes STO occupies xMB of Ram and in 1 hour yMB of ram... Just to get a rough idea.
Lt. Commander
# 1805
12-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Somehow my odd X11 issue solved itself. Really wish I knew what happened there, but I guess I'm content for now, even if the resolution problems still persist. STO stuck at 800x600 sure ain't pretty but at least it's consistently stable.

If I knew how to get Windows 7 up and running via Boot Camp on my (supposedly) unsupported Mac Pro 1,1 I'd just pull the trigger on that.
Lt. Commander
# 1806
12-21-2011, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by docboo View Post
doh123 - Are you working on a wrapper for SWTOR or do you have one avaliable?
I haven't really taken the time to dig into Wine's issues with the game currently. Hopefully someone else will get to that before I have to :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by escozul View Post
Ok, So I have an 8 gig machine, and never noticed any leak... maybe because I don't play continiously usually but could you describe the leak? for instance in 30 minutes STO occupies xMB of Ram and in 1 hour yMB of ram... Just to get a rough idea.
things will slightly slow down over time, then eventually the game will crash with memory errors... I only see this if I had been playing for like 5 or 6 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsaber View Post
Somehow my odd X11 issue solved itself. Really wish I knew what happened there, but I guess I'm content for now, even if the resolution problems still persist. STO stuck at 800x600 sure ain't pretty but at least it's consistently stable.

If I knew how to get Windows 7 up and running via Boot Camp on my (supposedly) unsupported Mac Pro 1,1 I'd just pull the trigger on that.
you really should be able to get higher than 800x600, if Wineskin is set for Override->Fullscreen with the resolution you want to be available in STO selected.
Lt. Commander
# 1807
12-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the port
Lt. Commander
Everything has been working fine for about a month. The Game Worked perfectly until this morning when I was unable to type my login info into the launcher. When I click on the password or username boxes I can't type anything in. Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone have a solution to this?

I'm Running this on a Macbook Air Mid-2011
Lt. Commander
# 1809
12-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solfour View Post
Everything has been working fine for about a month. The Game Worked perfectly until this morning when I was unable to type my login info into the launcher. When I click on the password or username boxes I can't type anything in. Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone have a solution to this?

I'm Running this on a Macbook Air Mid-2011
I don't know about mac setup but I have seen this happen on the windows side when IE browser has the auto complete(auto form fill ) turned on.
Lt. Commander
# 1810
12-31-2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusMD
I don't know about mac setup but I have seen this happen on the windows side when IE browser has the auto complete(auto form fill ) turned on.
Yep that is definitely the problem! The only thing is that I don't know how to fix it. Internet Explorer is no longer supported on Mac so I can't change anything through the browser. I need a WINESKIN expert to help me on this. Is there someway I can get rid of that AUTOCOMPLETE setting through the package contents?
Closed Thread