Lt. Commander
# 1811
12-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solfour View Post
Yep that is definitely the problem! The only thing is that I don't know how to fix it. Internet Explorer is no longer supported on Mac so I can't change anything through the browser. I need a WINESKIN expert to help me on this. Is there someway I can get rid of that AUTOCOMPLETE setting through the package contents?
it shouldn't be set up to allow any type of auto complete.

Your best bet to try first.. download a new copy of the wrapper and just move your installed game over to the new wrapper... see if it still happens. If it does... it may be something wrong with the STO install itself.
Lt. Commander
hey guys I was just wondering if the port of STO would run on my config.
Intel Core i5 2557m @1.7ghz
4 Gb DDR3 1333 mhz
Intel graphics HD 3000 (I suspect this may be an issue even though it claims to run on windows with this card installed.)
256gb SSD from samsung

if you were wondering, yes I am trying to run it on a july 2011 macbook air 13". normally I would just go straight for my AMD Ultimate Vision laptop but i was curious. thanks for your time!
Lt. Commander
# 1813
01-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus-XX
hey guys I was just wondering if the port of STO would run on my config.
Intel Core i5 2557m @1.7ghz
4 Gb DDR3 1333 mhz
Intel graphics HD 3000 (I suspect this may be an issue even though it claims to run on windows with this card installed.)
256gb SSD from samsung

if you were wondering, yes I am trying to run it on a july 2011 macbook air 13". normally I would just go straight for my AMD Ultimate Vision laptop but i was curious. thanks for your time!
its a bit buggy, but perfectly playable... I have run it using the HD 3000 for a test on my Macbook Pro 17" and it ran ok.. just have to use lower settings. being your CPU is weaker too, you might have to use much lower settings.
Lt. Commander
# 1814
01-07-2012, 09:25 AM
will it work on the standard 27" iMac Mid-2010 version and are there any known bugs with it?
Lt. Commander
# 1815 Game freezes on login
01-07-2012, 10:11 AM
So, here's me trying to play the game, in preparation for it going F2P, but after login, after patching, it gets past the Cryptic Studios, and makes it all the way to the Starfleet Logo... Then the screen flickers for a few seconds, and the computer freezes. I don't know why, and I NEED help.

Specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT
Lt. Commander
# 1816
01-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrik7 View Post
So, here's me trying to play the game, in preparation for it going F2P, but after login, after patching, it gets past the Cryptic Studios, and makes it all the way to the Starfleet Logo... Then the screen flickers for a few seconds, and the computer freezes. I don't know why, and I NEED help.

Specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT
are you sure its freezing? after patches that screen can stay up a looong time... I timed it after one patch to sit there for 9 minutes, and it seemed to be messed up. It only seems to have super long times on that screen after patching though.

I also have no idea right now if the F2P version will break anything... right now as long as you go in Wineskin.app and choose your resolution you want, and set the game to the same.. it works decently.
Lt. Commander
# 1817
01-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Just wondering what the current status of this is (and I can't really tell from the last ~5 pages or the first post); last I knew you had 1 version working without AA and another with corrupted sound. Any further progress?
Lt. Commander
# 1818
01-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
are you sure its freezing? after patches that screen can stay up a looong time... I timed it after one patch to sit there for 9 minutes, and it seemed to be messed up. It only seems to have super long times on that screen after patching though.

I also have no idea right now if the F2P version will break anything... right now as long as you go in Wineskin.app and choose your resolution you want, and set the game to the same.. it works decently.
It appears that you are correct. I feel kinda dumb, but it's nice to have reassurance like this.
Lt. Commander
# 1819
01-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranatalus View Post
Just wondering what the current status of this is (and I can't really tell from the last ~5 pages or the first post); last I knew you had 1 version working without AA and another with corrupted sound. Any further progress?
in the current one up, AA and sound both work fine... in fact I'd say.. don't turn off AA. On my machine when I have AA turned off there are sometimes some graphical anomalies around the edges of things, depending on backgrounds... but leaving AA at at least 2x should be fine.
Lt. Commander
# 1820
01-08-2012, 10:06 AM
I got it installed and it'll let me log in and launch, but I kept getting the cryptic oops screen when it got to the first trek logo after logging in. I disabled/re-enabled UseGLSL and it didn't work; turns out it just didn't like my monitor's weird resolution (it's like 16:8.8). Launched in safe mode, changed it to a 16:10 resolution, it's fine.

Thanks for your hard work
Closed Thread