Lt. Commander
# 1831
01-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdkmiller View Post
Thank you so much for this. It runs pretty well, with the occasional crash on my 1 year old Powerbook. However on my newer desktop it loads up just fine but there isn't a cursor. If I mouse around I can eventually get clickable links to respond but still no cursor at all. Any ideas? My desktop has a much better screen & I'd love to be able to use it.
odd issue... you could try turning on the software mouse cursor option in STO settings...?
Lt. Commander
hi
don't know if i post prematurely (I'm still patching), but after each patch, i have to restart my iMac (OS X 10.7.6) bc I'm stuck at Loading screen with the star trek symbol.
I have disabled "UseGLSL". then activated it again and still same problem. any suggestions? but i will see what happens if i finish patching...
Lt. Commander
# 1833
01-12-2012, 02:07 PM
hm.. i think the game patched, bc when i open launcher, there is a patch icon, but it jumps almost immediately to full.
i tried to run a "test run (debug mode)" i got 2 logs. i think with the x11.log is smith wrong. thats what i got in the end of the log: (i have to add: i have no idea what this log said, but i just see that there is a loading error...). maybe smby can help?

Frameworks/share/X11/xkb
Attempting to use pixel depth of 24
[3555704.786] Xquartz starting:
[3555704.786] X.Org X Server 1.11.1
[3555704.786] Build Date: 20110929
[3555704.803] (II) GLX: Initialized Core OpenGL GL provider for screen 0
[3555704.864] [dix] Could not init font path element /usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/encodings, removing from list!
[3555704.913] X11.app: DarwinProcessFDAdditionQueue_thread: Sleeping to allow xinitrc to catchup.
[3555704.935] (EE) Error loading keymap /tmp/Wineskin/share/X11/xkb/compiled/server-6596.xkm
[3555704.935] (EE) XKB: Failed to load keymap. Loading default keymap instead.
Lt. Commander
# 1834
01-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asches
hi
don't know if i post prematurely (I'm still patching), but after each patch, i have to restart my iMac (OS X 10.7.6) bc I'm stuck at Loading screen with the star trek symbol.
I have disabled "UseGLSL". then activated it again and still same problem. any suggestions? but i will see what happens if i finish patching...
UseGLSL is for graphics issues... once in game, nothing to do with logging in or patching.
Right after patching that loading screen can take a very very long time (literally sometimes like 10 minutes), and I'm not sure exactly why. It normally only does it one time after patching. All patching is done well before that screen though... so I don't totally understand what your saying.

Quote:
hm.. i think the game patched, bc when i open launcher, there is a patch icon, but it jumps almost immediately to full.
i tried to run a "test run (debug mode)" i got 2 logs. i think with the x11.log is smith wrong. thats what i got in the end of the log: (i have to add: i have no idea what this log said, but i just see that there is a loading error...). maybe smby can help?
it should try to auto patch every time you launch it... but if a patch isn't available, when it gets done checking, it of course jumps to done and the game is ready to play.... I'm not really following what your explaining about what your seeing on the screen though.

Quote:
Frameworks/share/X11/xkb
Attempting to use pixel depth of 24
[3555704.786] Xquartz starting:
[3555704.786] X.Org X Server 1.11.1
[3555704.786] Build Date: 20110929
[3555704.803] (II) GLX: Initialized Core OpenGL GL provider for screen 0
[3555704.864] [dix] Could not init font path element /usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/encodings, removing from list!
[3555704.913] X11.app: DarwinProcessFDAdditionQueue_thread: Sleeping to allow xinitrc to catchup.
[3555704.935] (EE) Error loading keymap /tmp/Wineskin/share/X11/xkb/compiled/server-6596.xkm
[3555704.935] (EE) XKB: Failed to load keymap. Loading default keymap instead.
thats all fine and expected. Its kind of an erroneous error... the xorg-server is made for many different platforms, and the way WineskinX11 is running, that is actually an expected message... I didn't feel it necessary to change all the output messages, as i try to do as little modification as needed for the X server code.... the main people that work on it are much better at it than I... I just make my modifications needed for Wineskin.
Lt. Commander
# 1835
01-12-2012, 02:45 PM
ok, ty for your quick response
now this is whats happening (i try to be a bit clearer):

i start the launcher => i get a "verify?" message. i click "yes" and it verifies to the end so i can start the game.
before loading screen even appears now (don't know why i hadn't this problem before), i get the CrypticError: Oops! - Message.
thats where I'm stuck now.

my iMac:

OS X 10.7.2
2011 iMac
Display: Nvidia GeForce 9400

i hope you can help somehow

=> you can remove this post. it was messed up bc i changed smith in the game-options (Advanced => tools => config utility).

now its ok.
Lt. Commander
# 1836
01-12-2012, 03:26 PM
ok, thats what it was: long loading screen. guys mentioned it before. I'm sorry, i feel stupid. it worked, game loaded, but then another problem:

i got to a screen where i could read in the top 3 lines: barely visible, slightly visible and clearly visible. and there was a bar with a number indicator (1.00). and i could move the STO cursor but couldn't click anything.
there i got stuck. i waited 10 mins at that screen (there was also music playing) and nothing.
then when i tried again, it crashed my iMac (grey screen with asking to restart computer).

from reading up on forums i think I'm in the starting screen (though i don't know, bc i never saw the inside of the game with my own eyes). i should be able to type in my account name and password i guess, but there is no field for that.

maybe my screen setting is off. anybody knows exactly how settings have to be for an iMac os x 10.7.2, 21" screen, 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz RAM?

any suggestions?
Lt. Commander
# 1837
01-13-2012, 01:33 AM
OK after not playing STO for 4 months i came back to it a couple of days ago. Downloaded the 1.3.2 and patched the game and played no problem! Awesome! I've left the default video resolution and only changed the graphics quality. On the 2nd lowest setting i don't crash at ESD, i haven't tried any higher simply for faster FPS play.

Now can you do this for SWTOR?
Lt. Commander
# 1838
01-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
i got to a screen where i could read in the top 3 lines: barely visible, slightly visible and clearly visible. and there was a bar with a number indicator (1.00). and i could move the STO cursor but couldn't click anything.
there i got stuck. i waited 10 mins at that screen (there was also music playing) and nothing.
then when i tried again, it crashed my iMac (grey screen with asking to restart computer).

from reading up on forums i think I'm in the starting screen (though i don't know, bc i never saw the inside of the game with my own eyes). i should be able to type in my account name and password i guess, but there is no field for that.

maybe my screen setting is off. anybody knows exactly how settings have to be for an iMac os x 10.7.2, 21" screen, 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz RAM?

any suggestions?
On first start up... I think it asks for setting gamma correction like that. Best to just click past it because it won't work anyways. Is there an ok button in the bottom right of the center area... or can you press Enter and get passed it or anything? I haven't done a fresh install in a LOOOONG time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonCapitan
OK after not playing STO for 4 months i came back to it a couple of days ago. Downloaded the 1.3.2 and patched the game and played no problem! Awesome! I've left the default video resolution and only changed the graphics quality. On the 2nd lowest setting i don't crash at ESD, i haven't tried any higher simply for faster FPS play.

Now can you do this for SWTOR?
I'd like to, but currently there are some Networking issues in Wine causing SWTOR to not work... its a bit beyond me at the moment, so I'm pretty much just waiting til it gets fixed in Wine. SWTOR is an awesome game though...
Lt. Commander
# 1839
01-13-2012, 03:10 PM
[quote=doh123;3947295]On first start up... I think it asks for setting gamma correction like that. Best to just click past it because it won't work anyways. Is there an ok button in the bottom right of the center area... or can you press Enter and get passed it or anything? I haven't done a fresh install in a LOOOONG time.

yea, you're right. i think too that that's the screen. but i can't click anything. i can't see no button or anything. and enter doesn't work. i tried pressing "tab" etc and nothing.... i'll try to catch the button or smith... its just frustrating that the developers don't think about the mac-people...
Lt. Commander
# 1840
01-14-2012, 03:22 AM
Thank you very much for your patience and help doh123!
I'm stuck at the gamma-correction screen after first loading and can't get past it.

I GIVE UP!!!

i would loved to play the game but it seems that if i don't buy my self a windows pc i won't play it (at that won't happen).
its a shame that they didn't make a mac version. if there was, i would have started to play month ago. i would have payed for it... their loss... and mine...

ty again for your help and bye!
Closed Thread