Lt. Commander
# 2071
05-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffrowley View Post
Is there a way to turn off CMD+Q in Wine/X11? I keep accidentally hitting it and it's driving me nuts!

Thanks ;-)
Inside Wineskin.app advanced options, make sure its set to try to do a clean safe shut down... (so it'll do a quit script instead of just killing the app)
then, go inside the wrapper in Resources/WineskinMenuScripts and delete the file "WineskinQuit.exe" ... then CMD+Q will do nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 2072
05-15-2012, 06:13 PM
Never again will I curse while simultaneously firing all weapons and decreasing throttle. You are a legend. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2073
05-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Hey I would really like to thank you for this great utility. I always wanted to be able to bring this game with me on my Mac and until I found this, it was impossible. My thanks to you. Excellent Job.
Lt. Commander
# 2074 Having problems running on Mac
05-18-2012, 01:30 AM
Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone out there can give me a hand. Ive downloaded this game but it will not work. I tried running it on parallels and through the wineskin program. All i ever get is a message that says: "unable to establish connection to patch server". I don't know what to do about it. Ive tried changing the exe file, restarted the computer and have reinstalled the program three or four times. Still won't work. Any suggestions or fixes?
Lt. Commander
# 2075
05-18-2012, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantyler
Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone out there can give me a hand. Ive downloaded this game but it will not work. I tried running it on parallels and through the wineskin program. All i ever get is a message that says: "unable to establish connection to patch server". I don't know what to do about it. Ive tried changing the exe file, restarted the computer and have reinstalled the program three or four times. Still won't work. Any suggestions or fixes?
If you downloaded the Torrent files there will be about 6gb worth of patches that need to be downloaded after the initial install and before the the first launch. Some time ago the client would patch but not display it correctly. So depending on your internet speed I d suggest to leave it running for a while. Do it a couple of times and see if it won't start.

If you have access to a working windows environment, download the whole game there (disable on demand patching in the launchers settings) and then copy it into the STO wrapper. This is more reliable and certainly faster.
Lt. Commander
# 2076
05-18-2012, 01:58 AM
well i just ditched any STO files on my mac and i am currently downloading the whole game again. question is: show do I get this puppy to run?
Lt. Commander
# 2077
05-18-2012, 01:59 AM
how do i get to the launcher settings?
Lt. Commander
# 2078
05-18-2012, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantyler
how do i get to the launcher settings?
Once you open the launcher, even before you type in you info and pw, there is an options menu in the top right row. in there is an option to "disable on demand patching" this will increase your patch size considerably, but for the initial install in the winewrapper i would recommend it.

so if you have a fully patched win version, then the message you are seeing either means you have some problems with your internet connection (any firewalls, ip blocks, etc) or the patch servers were down.

Just to be clear if you download the game on windows, and start it do you see the same message? also check out this post about connection issues.
Lt. Commander
# 2079
05-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Been having some problems with this... I got the cryptic oops error so I did what the instructions said and turned off glsl... but I still got the error. Any ideas?

Oh and my system specs are Mac OSX 10.6, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, 3 GB Ram (Mac Pro)
Lt. Commander
# 2080
05-20-2012, 11:07 AM
i am having problems in that whenever I click it when it starts up all I get is a blue background a white bar at the bottom and a white square where the launcher should be this only started after every time I tried to play it I got a cryptic error.
Closed Thread