Ensign
# 2121
07-18-2012, 12:26 PM
my game is getting buggy and crashes after a couple of missions, i have played around with the graphics settings and have lowered them as much as i can. but if i go any lower the game will look like crap, any suggestions?
Ensign
# 2122
07-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdoh123 View Post
I seriously doubt its capable.
Damn, I was hoping to play this with my friend today
Career Officer
# 2123
07-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterryan7 View Post
Damn, I was hoping to play this with my friend today
The GMA 950 is really a horrid little thing... even after that was the GMA X3100 which isn't much better, then they started making the GPU built int the CPU instead of the Chipset. That was a great improvement, leading to the Intel HD series. The current Intel HD 3000 and 4000s that have been used in Macs are really nice for low end Intel graphics and can run this ok... but I think anything older than the Intel HD 3000 just isn't physically capable of some of the requirements. Intel designed the GMA series around the idea that not everyone wants to buy a GPU if all they do is run simple things like MS Word and Excel and web browsers... so its a bare minimum design with no intentions of games
Ensign
# 2124 Hi
07-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Hi. Ive been using the wrapper for quite a few months now and its been working fine, but lately i have a hell of a time getting in so i deleted the wrapper and files. I got my files before from the cryptic download, but it was working fine, and now its not. I used a pc to download the files from file planet and put them on my flash drive. but now when i select "choose setup Executable I cant select my files from file planet. Any help would be soooo appreciated, cause i already miss sto
Career Officer
# 2125
07-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmread View Post
Hi. Ive been using the wrapper for quite a few months now and its been working fine, but lately i have a hell of a time getting in so i deleted the wrapper and files. I got my files before from the cryptic download, but it was working fine, and now its not. I used a pc to download the files from file planet and put them on my flash drive. but now when i select "choose setup Executable I cant select my files from file planet. Any help would be soooo appreciated, cause i already miss sto
choose setup executable gives you full access to everything.. you just have to browse through and find it. I'm not sure how to help... you should be able to click on the flash drive and see the files to run. SOmetimes certain programs don't like to run off flash drives though, so you may want to copy the whole game installation files over to your main drive and then install from there.
Ensign
# 2126
07-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdoh123 View Post
not sure what you mean by static... but i'd just play with the in game graphics options.

Is it really downloading 4GB? Sometimes it'll do a full file check and start acting like its downloading a ton, but it flies through it as it checks files and doesn't really download anything.
Yes, it's downloading a 4GB patch. It's not simply checking files. It's downloading.
Lieutenant
# 2127
07-19-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm using a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M and for some reason, after this new patch (Worf Uniform) I'm having major graphics problems.
Ensign
# 2128
07-22-2012, 08:08 AM
This seems really cool so I will try it out. I began playing STO when it released its F2P version. I am about level 25 now. I got a new Macbook Pro and was saddened to find out that I could not download the regular client.
Ensign
# 2129
07-26-2012, 06:29 AM
Has anyone tried it on Mountain Lion yet?

I may try this on an external hard drive today. If I do, I'll post again with my results..
Career Officer
# 2130
07-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffstah View Post
Has anyone tried it on Mountain Lion yet?

I may try this on an external hard drive today. If I do, I'll post again with my results..
works the same as Lion
Closed Thread