Lt. Commander
# 471
02-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Ok, I might have pressed the Lower settings btn b4 hand. Which file do I need to rewrite? I tried recopying my PC version of the game with the same results. Will make some screenshots in a min and put them up.
Lt. Commander
# 472
02-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Here is what my settings look like... most are grayed out near the bottom save a couple....

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4486028/STO/STO%20Settings.png

There is a settings file located in the game folder... at "Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/Live/locadata/gameprefs.pref" I have not tried it, but I'd guess if you deleted this file, the patcher would re-download a default one....??? maybe? you can maybe try renaming it and see what happens.
Lt. Commander
# 473
02-17-2010, 01:30 PM
So I managed to get it to run perfectly on my mbp last night. However since rebooting it fails to launch. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Edit:
Scratch that, I opened and closed it a few times and it worked. Awesome work doh123
Lt. Commander
# 474
02-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Yeap tried all that. My settings are similar. I was just hoping for better graphics. Basically with the settings that are greyed out. Particles etc... Oh well, I guess i might have to wait for new versions of the wrapper. It works fine for now anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 475
02-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocTheop
Also, the menus at top of the launcher (ACCOUNT FORUMS etc. other than OPTIONS) don't work? Is that a limitation of Wineskin or because we don't run IE anymore?
This is because they made the launcher run using mshtml.dll from IE. The Wine Gecko implementation is close to working, but some of the interactive content and buttons do not work, and cannot even get the game launched. This wrapper is using the actual MS IE7 version of the mshtml.dll... but it doesn't have full IE7 installed. Those links will try to be launched in IE7 in Wine, but since it doesn't exist, they wont do anything. The options choice will work though.
Lt. Commander
# 476
02-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
This is because they made the launcher run using mshtml.dll from IE. The Wine Gecko implementation is close to working, but some of the interactive content and buttons do not work, and cannot even get the game launched. This wrapper is using the actual MS IE7 version of the mshtml.dll... but it doesn't have full IE7 installed. Those links will try to be launched in IE7 in Wine, but since it doesn't exist, they wont do anything. The options choice will work though.
It knows to use the system default browser. You should be able to put a stub program that calls out to OS X or something and set it up in the registry as the active browser.
Lt. Commander
# 477
02-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
It knows to use the system default browser. You should be able to put a stub program that calls out to OS X or something and set it up in the registry as the active browser.
thats a good idea, but not on the top of my list of priorities at the moment with my free time...

however if anyone else wants to do this before I get to it, so I can include it, it would be much appreciated.

I'm not that great with Windows development, to write a stub program to do that anyways. Would take me a lot of time and learning, when it seems so minor...

I plan on adding Web links to normal browser sometime in the future, as a normal Wineskin operation option. i can get the info from Wine on what it tried to do and the URL, and just open it up in the Mac default browser, no stub program or anything needed. Just haven't gotten to it yet.

I guess for super easy, i could always install Firefox in the wrapper and let it just show everything in Firefox, but thats kinda silly :-P
Lt. Commander
# 478
02-17-2010, 03:58 PM
I just asked on IRC and there should be a program called "winebrowser" that does this.
Lt. Commander
# 479
02-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
I just asked on IRC and there should be a program called "winebrowser" that does this.
oh.. cool, I'll check for that, thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 480
02-17-2010, 04:28 PM
It is interesting someone is doing this for the Mac. Even though I have the PC version, I wonder why Cryptic did not do a Mac version as well? There are just as many Mac users as there are PC users.
Closed Thread