Lt. Commander
# 511
02-20-2010, 05:29 PM
I too am trying this, with a friend key.

Macbook Pro
Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz
OS 105.8
GeForce 8600MT
running to an external monitor with res @ 1920x1080

Went thru install fine,.
Launches, and seems to patch fine.
When I hit engage it goes thru the Cryptic and Atari screens fine...then crashes when the Trek Logo shows up for loading.

I've gone into the packages and changed the resolution to 1280x800 to see if that helps any.....which it didn't. (I noticed the patchnig phase sems to have frozen this time, so I hit cancel and it got to the launch screens)

I'll be reading more thru the thread for ideas or settings, but if anyone happens to see this before I get back, feel free with the suggestions

EDIT: Reset to "Current Resouliton" and edited the user.reg to enable glsl
Patching bar zoomed thru this time...
trek logo is staying up longer...though I'm not seeing a progress bar..if i'm supposed to...And I'm in now!...
Lt. Commander
# 512
02-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBanshee View Post
It works really well but I have a question can I put it in my toolbar or can I only use it off that icon?
you can drag and drop the main Icon into your dock to make a short cut... it will work as a launcher and a second icon will be added to the dock only while running....

THis is a limitation right now with how I have the main launcher working in Wineskin to get everything started. I have a version that doesn't do this, and has a single icon for everything... but I'm fine tuning some other issues with it right now before making it available.
Lt. Commander
# 513
02-21-2010, 07:46 AM
has anyone had problems with STO not installing and freezing about half way through? Or does it just take a long time to install?
Lt. Commander
# 514
02-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Hi Folks,

I'm interested in giving this Mac version a try on my unibody 2.2Ghz Macbook Pro. However I don't want to purchase the game until I know it works. Does anyone have a buddy key they could share so I could test this out? If so, please PM me..

Thanks so much!
Lt. Commander
# 515
02-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Mail is currently down, but give me your email address and I'll send you one.
Lt. Commander
# 516
02-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Thanks NetSlut, I received the key, really appreciate it!
Lt. Commander
# 517
02-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonath
has anyone had problems with STO not installing and freezing about half way through? Or does it just take a long time to install?
depending on the speed of your computer, it has taken some people 2 hours for the installer to work from disc.... not entirely sure why its so slow. You could also install on Windows and copy over the installed version.
Lt. Commander
# 518 Screenshots
02-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Can anyone point me to the correct hotkey/command to take a screenshot with a standard Mac keyboard (you know, without a "Print Screen" key?)

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 519
02-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshosaur
Can anyone point me to the correct hotkey/command to take a screenshot with a standard Mac keyboard (you know, without a "Print Screen" key?)

Thanks!
type /screenshot or /screenshot_ui

to get the screenshot you will have to go inside the wrapper, into the screenshots folder buried downin the Cryptic Studios Folder.
Lt. Commander
# 520
02-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
type /screenshot or /screenshot_ui

to get the screenshot you will have to go inside the wrapper, into the screenshots folder buried downin the Cryptic Studios Folder.
Is there a magic path we can write to that will put them outside the VM? Not sure what a sane default between OS X and Linux is, but maybe we could make it configurable.
Closed Thread