Lt. Commander
# 741
03-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks for your continuing hard work. Appreciate it very much and just wanted to let you know I'm loving it.
Lt. Commander
# 742
03-19-2010, 12:02 AM
Thanx much, im going to try this one on my mac pro, as im playing now on my windows install on mac book pro and its not that precious on that small screen
one question - shall i wait till the new patch comes out or just try now?

best regards
Lt. Commander
# 743 Thanks!
03-19-2010, 07:35 AM
Just wanted to say how much I appreciated all your work on this doh123, hope you'll be able to keep supporting it for the forseeable future!
Lt. Commander
# 744
03-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths View Post
Thanx much, im going to try this one on my mac pro, as im playing now on my windows install on mac book pro and its not that precious on that small screen
one question - shall i wait till the new patch comes out or just try now?

best regards
no reason to wait.. its easy to move the install folder from an old wrapper over to a new one in a few seconds.... then it keeps working like before.
Lt. Commander
# 745
03-19-2010, 08:38 AM
NIce keep up the good work! i love to play STO on my MacBook Pro !!
Lt. Commander
# 746
03-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaune
Firstly, thanks for doing this. It makes my life much easier not having to bootcamp. (Too many other things use my mac to be interrupted to play a game)

I like it a lot, the one thing that is a sore thumb is the graphics and the graphics settings controls.

Aside from much lower settings across the "Details" and "Effects" spectrum. The entire game is very dark and the "brightness" setting does nothing to adjust this.

I'm using a MacPro with ATI Radeon HD 4870 and when in Windows 7 the graphics are excellent. In this port however the details and effects are worse than on my 3 year old Toshiba A100 LapTop.

Is there anything more I can do to increase the graphics settings? Or at least change the brightness in game rather than messing with my systems settings?
I'm running the same mac pro type. While the mac version works smooth with zero lag the graphics look ok at best and effects do weird things. White contes, black sheres when cloaking, etc...

If there is a solution known for this please let me know as well!
Lt. Commander
# 747
03-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlehawk
I'm running the same mac pro type. While the mac version works smooth with zero lag the graphics look ok at best and effects do weird things. White contes, black sheres when cloaking, etc...

If there is a solution known for this please let me know as well!
The "GLSL=enabled" trick mentioned in the install instructions helps with that sort of thing.

The only other issue I have as compared to the same machine in Boot Camp is that I need to use low detail lighting or else my frame rate drops to much to be playable.
Lt. Commander
# 748
03-21-2010, 05:52 PM
I just want to say first that I've been using Wineskin for over a week and loving it. Thank you so much for making this!

I have found a problem though. Today, after logging in, patching and clicking "engage," STO shuts off. I can't even get to the character selection page. I've tried the posted "enabled/disabled" fix to no avail. The only thing that I can think of that has changed is that I've downloaded the most recent patch from Cryptic. Is there anything that you suggest? Thank you!

My set-up:
MacBook Pro (brand new)
OS X version 10.6.2
Processor: 2/53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Lt. Commander
# 749
03-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inktomi19d View Post
The "GLSL=enabled" trick mentioned in the install instructions helps with that sort of thing.

The only other issue I have as compared to the same machine in Boot Camp is that I need to use low detail lighting or else my frame rate drops to much to be playable.
Thanks for letting me know... I installed using the info from the pdf instructions that came with the DL and there's no mention of it in there. That trick did everything I needed it to!

A+ on the whole thing now!
Lt. Commander
# 750
03-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleItaly1113 View Post
I just want to say first that I've been using Wineskin for over a week and loving it. Thank you so much for making this!

I have found a problem though. Today, after logging in, patching and clicking "engage," STO shuts off. I can't even get to the character selection page. I've tried the posted "enabled/disabled" fix to no avail. The only thing that I can think of that has changed is that I've downloaded the most recent patch from Cryptic. Is there anything that you suggest? Thank you!

My set-up:
MacBook Pro (brand new)
OS X version 10.6.2
Processor: 2/53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
simply closes?
maybe try doing a full check on the patcher.. see if any files are bad?

do you get any error messages, or it just disappears? are you using beta4 or Test 40b?
Closed Thread