Ensign
# 231
08-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We have identified the issue where players who have not slotted the corvette project yet are now unable to do so at this time. We will need to fix this via a patch and hope to do so this week or next. Please watch out for patch notes. While you're unable to slot the project, you can continue collecting the pearls (or purchase via Lobi once the daily is gone) and then contribute them once the fix is in.
Got it... thank you for the follow-up!

Capt. Chase
Career Officer
# 232
08-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Hi Captains!

The "Flying High" daily on Risa for free pearls is back on until this Wednesday 8/7 at 10AM PDT. Thanks for your patience as we looked into why it turned off earlier than expected -- we apologize for any inconvenience and hope you enjoy the extra amount of time.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Thank you for making good and extending the cutoff date.
Subspace Party Nullifier Enthusiast
Ensign
# 233 Outrage!
08-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Hello, "Cryptic"-ers...

Unfortunately, I do *not* rejoice at this announcement of yours. :-) Not in the slightest. For I have started quite *late* with the Risian Project due to some technical issues, and right now - as my KDF is concerned - I am at 52% farther away of my ultimate goal. :-) So, *how* exactly is this going to help *me*? The 8th of August 'extension', I mean. Why not going all the way up to the 15th of August, as it *normally* should? And, even more important: why this... War of the Nerves, in the first place? :-) Because, to tell it to you straight: I do *not* buy this whole "Oops!" sort of approach of the matter at hand. :-)

N.B. I suggest incrementing the option of Zen-buying of the Risian Corvette and/or of the Lohlunat Pearls, as well.

Thank you and have a nice day. ^_^

Last edited by thenewtraveler; 08-05-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Rihannsu
# 234
08-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtraveler View Post
...For I have started quite *late* with the Risian Project due to some technical issues, and right now - as my KDF is concerned - I am at 52% farther away of my ultimate goal. :-) So, *how* exactly is this going to help *me*? The 8th of August 'extension', I mean...
I shouldn't think it's meant for you. You started late. There were (originally) 35 days to make 25 runs. That's a 10 day buffer. It's not really fair to come in during Sudden Death Overtime because you're only ~12-13 runs deep. You doubled-over the 10 day buffer.

While I can sympathize over your "technical issues", you'll have to wait until next year to finish. Or...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtraveler View Post
...I suggest incrementing the option of Zen-buying of the Risian Corvette and/or of the Lohlunat Pearls, as well...
And this *IS* a second option. You can use Zen (or indirectly Dilithium-to-Zen, and/or even EC via the Exchange) to purchase keys. Use the Keys to open Lock Boxes for Lobi. Use the Lobi to buy Pearls. If I recall the Dev posts correctly, the ability to purchase Lobi Pearl packs will continue through 08/15.

Be sure you go ahead and make your runs today-through-Wednesday to get those extra 120 more Pearls. That'll save you a lot of Lobi.

ETA: As I recall, the Lobi Pearl Packs are for sale in-game via the same vendor that sells all the Favor goodies, either on Risa itself or via your Event Rep Store (assuming you ran the 1-Favor project to unlock said Store).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Ensign
# 235
08-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
And this *IS* another way for Cryptic/PWE to rip off loyal customers. You can use Zen (or indirectly Dilithium-to-Zen, and/or even EC via the Exchange) to purchase keys. Use the Keys to open Lock Boxes for Lobi. Use the Lobi to buy Pearls. If I recall the Dev posts correctly, the ability to purchase Lobi Pearl packs will continue through 08/15.
Fixed for truth of the matter!
Rihannsu
# 236
08-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainretrox View Post
Fixed for truth of the matter!
That has to be the lamest first forum post evar.

lol

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Lieutenant
# 237
08-05-2013, 06:17 PM
thanks for the extension i sure it will help a lot of people

however i myself will still end up 4 days short on 8 toons

i really cant see why flying high cant play out till the 15th i mean the ships cant be sold and its not like the pearls can be used for something else but thats just my view

i keep on doing the event living in hope that you see the point of view a small gold member sub that really misread the event dates and started far too late to complete
IT'S WORSE THAN THAT IT'S A GAME JIM
Ensign
# 238 Cant redeem pearls?
08-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Today I manage dot finally get the 1000 pearls and while there is the update notice saying the event was extended til the 7th. I cant find where to turn in the pearls to get the ship. it's not in the reputation tab. just the crystal entity event thing.

Is this a glitch? or is it just extending the event but making it worthless to do because you cant redeem for any rewards?
Survivor of Romulus
# 239
08-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Thanks! We'll investigate this.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I am having the same problem here, put in a ticket but was told the problem was on my end

Hope this gets fixed as I actually sloted the project for the corvette and now its gone.
Ensign
# 240 I feel sorry...
08-06-2013, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
I shouldn't think it's meant for you. You started late. There were (originally) 35 days to make 25 runs. That's a 10 day buffer. It's not really fair to come in during Sudden Death Overtime because you're only ~12-13 runs deep. You doubled-over the 10 day buffer.
While I can sympathize over your "technical issues", you'll have to wait until next year to finish. Or...
And this *IS* a second option. You can u yse Zen (or indirectly Dilithium-to-Zen, and/or even EC via the Exchange) to purchase keys. Use the Keys to open Lock Boxes for Lobi. Use the Lobi to buy Pearls. If I recall the Dev posts correctly, the ability to purchase Lobi Pearl packs will continue through 08/15.
Be sure you go ahead and make your runs today-through-Wednesday to get those extra 120 more Pearls. That'll save you a lot of Lobi.

ETA: As I recall, the Lobi Pearl Packs are for sale in-game via the same vendor that sells all the Favor goodies, either on Risa itself or via your Event Rep Store (assuming you ran the 1-Favor project to unlock said Store).

You know, I really *don't like*... the likes of you, lordhavelock. :-) Can't you see that, by purchasing with SO MUCH Dilithium (--> Zen) a Master-Key for SO LITTLE Lobi,... it STILL won't be enough for people like me to collect enough Pearls, to buy that ship?!
Oh, wait! You either are the Politically Correct New Man or simply... you're having *someone* amidst your friends and/or relatives who works there, at "Cryptic". So,... which one is it? ^_^ Are you biased in any way or... what?! Because, if you're not even biased, then I feel *truly* sorry for you... :-(
Closed Thread