Rihannsu
# 71
06-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicmanfred View Post
Jesus.. didnt see it. Does it have a map icon?

Thanks anyway for the info

Ahm.. I did this Jet-Pack challenge today, got 40 pearls. Now I have to wait till next day to do it again for another 40 pearls.

So far so bad, but why are there different Jet-Packs anyway? I did all three courses and had plenty of time left.
The bank and stuff is at the very back of the room, past the vendors and such. The favor costing jet packs all have different "levels" of speed and maneuverability.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Rihannsu
# 72
06-28-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicmanfred View Post
...why are there different Jet-Packs anyway? I did all three courses and had plenty of time left.
Actually, there are four different Floater models:

Common (Rental)
Cost is 1,000 EC for ~15mins of use, then it disappears. You can go back to the vendor and by another anytime. Flies at 30-35 (?) Speed, poor maneuverability (low inertia).

Uncommon (Can't remember it's proper name, Basic, I think?)
Cost is 50 Lohlunat Favors, but is kept permanently, bound to that character. Slightly slower than a Rental (25, I think), but better inertia/control.

Rare ("Advanced"?)
Cost is 500 Lohlunat Favors, and is also a permanent item. Airspeed is 40 and has enhanced agility.

Very Rare ("Superior")
Cost is 1,000 Lohlunat Favors for this permanent item. Airspeed is 50 and it has the best ("Superior") control. It's actually quite maneuverable.

Any of the Uncommon-Very Rare varieties can be purchased in colors: Red, White, Blue or Black.

As for why? It's true the Daily can be completed "easily" with the Rental in ~10mins or less, but speaking as someone who's tried it vs. the Superior, it's so much nicer to pilot the latter. I find hunting for Horga?hn to be dreadful in the Rental. I can zip around with comparably pin-point accuracy with the Superior Floater.

Not only is the control better, but the item is permanent. I don't have to keep going back and picking up another (and I'm not even concerned about the 1k EC). So it's a time saver.

It's just a Quality of Life upgrade. And in my opinion, it's well worth the price for my Main character who'll be doing most of the work.

For my Alts, I will probably just get the Uncommon 50-Favor version. They'll only need it for the Daily.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 73
06-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Wow, thank you so much for the detailes explanation.

I mean, this was my first try flying this thing. And having spent a lot of Dil for pearls, I am about 35% for the Risian Corvette.

First I didn't want this thing, but the more I see it the more I like it.

If I have still time left, I would like to try this bird egg thing.

Are you guys satisfied with it?
Captain
# 74
06-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Oh and I have to support the request for the new Risa map.

It looks perfect. And why not expanding it after the Summer Event? Byuing a house there and decorate and expand it with Risa items.
Career Officer
# 75
06-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Since today's patch [6/26/13 12AM PST], I am experiencing a bug with the "Flying High" event on one of my toons.

After acquiring the mission from the event coordinator and enabling my floater, only one mission appears in the bullet list: "Fly over the harbor". No other mission "start points" appear on the map, or on the minimap. I have tried un-equipping and re-equipping the floater to the toon, dropping the mission, waiting for the mission to time out, logging out and back in, changing toons, exiting Risa space and returning to the event, closing STO and restarting it ... in many different combinations, all to no avail.

What is odd is this is only happening on one of my 4 toons, and only since today's patch.
It is keeping this toon form getting the pearls needed for the Risian ship.

If anyone has a workaround, I would appreciate it.
[I submitted a ticket on this, but I never hear back from those submissions.]
Republic Veteran
# 76 Bathing Suit clothing!
06-28-2013, 02:07 PM
I want bathing suit options and bare feet! Why is it all the NPCs can wander around half naked, while we have to get our boots soaked and get horrible farmer tans?
Captain
# 77
06-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whysp1 View Post
I want bathing suit options and bare feet! Why is it all the NPCs can wander around half naked, while we have to get our boots soaked and get horrible farmer tans?
I've been running around Risa barefooted.... I agree on the lack of swimsuits issue.... but I'm perfectly fine in my beach-comber shorts, bare-feet and jacket-tight off duty option on my Rom character.
Gen. Mara Navar, IKS Rozhenko, Mogh Battle-Cruiser (Orion, KDF Tactical Officer)
FADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator, Scimitar Warbird (Fed-Romulan Tactical Officer)
FADM Genestra, USS Audacious, Venture-X Dreadnaught (Betazoid, Fed Engineering Officer)
ADM Lenara Jomm, USS Vanguard, Pathfinder Class (Joined Trill, Fed Science Officer)
ADM Dek'tar, USS Vindicator, Avenger Class (Andoiran, Fed Tactical Officer)
Career Officer
# 78
06-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Got my superior jetpack, love it. Makes the daily and the hunting (for my alts now) much easier.

Also I saw my absolute favorite line in zone chat today.

"I don't understand why Cryptic would make this Risa event. It violates canon."

Many, many laughs ensued. Maybe it was an intentional troll. Maybe it wasn't. Either way, it got a whole bunch of people laughing haha.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Lieutenant
I would like to thank C/PWE for a poorly thought out "Characters Lvl 10 and above can participate."

For Feds I suppose it is great, however for Romulan/Remans we are stuck in our home sector until we reach some unknown lvl before we can leave the sector. I tried two different locations to leave the zone.

"You must advance further before traveling to this part of space."

Unless it has already been adjusted, you might want to correct the info on the chick coordinating the show. She states lvl 10 as being minimum lvl to participate.

I have too many toons to run thru this event to have to level my Romulan and Reman characters to some unknown lvl to get them out of Sector Jail.

Thanks for messing with the new guys on the block again.
Ensign
# 80 Re: Flyers
06-28-2013, 11:41 PM
yeh, ok, the flyers use the same keys as you & your ship, forwards, backwards, left, right ..... but how do you move up & down vertically??
Closed Thread