Community Moderator
I know we can't keep the "Flying High" event going after the Summer Event is over, but if we're keeping the flight-enabled map would it be possible to leave a couple of holographic courses going permanently? Just for fun?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-14-2013, 11:52 AM
That would be cool, they could just reward with Skill or Exp points. I'm all for it, everything is in place for it to happen already.
Community Moderator
# 3
08-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1051 View Post
That would be cool, they could just reward with Skill or Exp points. I'm all for it, everything is in place for it to happen already.
I'm not even asking for that.

I'm asking for a cosmetic, always-visible holo-track that floaters could have fun flying through. Probably somewhere at the back of the island where it won't be an eyesore, nowhere near the resort area.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
08-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post

I'm asking for a cosmetic, always-visible holo-track that floaters could have fun flying through. Probably somewhere at the back of the island where it won't be an eyesore, nowhere near the resort area.
Ok, So you are willing to forgo any rewards, just to have a spot to use the jetpack. I have to admit, it is fun and I will miss it if it all goes away till next year. However, being rewarded AND having fun at the same time is the best.
Commander
# 5
08-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:

There are a couple near the arches that are perfect, but if it's removed completely, I suspect it will give rise to a new sport: River runners! There might even be player made race events to follow the river one end to the other for fun. I can easily see that happening. Follow the river!
Captain
# 6
08-15-2013, 01:28 AM
Quote:

I would prefer it to be invisible until its being used. Talk to an NPC and he turns on the track then gives the go order to race either against a lock or other players would be fun.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Career Officer
# 7
08-15-2013, 01:34 AM
I personally would love to have such beautiful areas available year round. It's like the planet itself is 'alive' with star trek. (ex. what's more fun to go to, andoria as it is, or andoria with all the commotion of a winter fest)
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Lieutenant
# 8
08-15-2013, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1051 View Post
Honestly I think this would be the easiest implementation for this, since it only allows the race courses to appear when you want them to, and the "Flying High" mission structure already exists. All that has to be done really is to switch out the pearl rewards for a pittance of skill points and expertise. I don't imagine it would be a lot of exp, but that's alright. I see this working somewhat like the "Surly Secrets" mission you get from an old Klingon dude in the bar on Qo'noS, which only exists to provide some lighthearted enjoyment w/some exp. Some multiplayer course would be nice as well if the devs are up to it.