Lieutenant
# 51
07-02-2013, 12:36 PM
The Ferengi will be buying the planet soon.

Downside: They will charge serious money for visitors' passes.

Upside: They have different ideas about what the women should be wearing.
"B'rel is klingon for 'orgasm'." -cmdrskyfaller
Ensign
# 52
07-02-2013, 12:52 PM
I quite agree with keeping the new risa minus some of the events as it is one of the most visually pleasing areas in the game

To the Op: you have my sword.
Lt. Commander
# 53
07-02-2013, 02:07 PM
I vote 'yes'
Lt. Commander
# 54
07-02-2013, 02:08 PM
I vote to keep the "new" Risa.
Career Officer
# 55
07-02-2013, 02:38 PM
I vote yes. Please let the floaters continue to work, too. In fact, please keep the floater obstacle course in, with no cooldown and no rewards, just as a fun thing to do.
Career Officer
# 56
07-03-2013, 10:21 AM
I vote yes to keep the landscape and design but "NO" to the events...except for the dancethon it's soooooo boring in there...would be nice to have "real" beachwear, surfing and water sports
[
Survivor of Romulus
# 57
07-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes!
Career Officer
# 58
07-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader2007 View Post
I vote yes to keep the landscape and design but "NO" to the events...except for the dancethon it's soooooo boring in there...would be nice to have "real" beachwear, surfing and water sports
water sports would be awesome if only the devs designed each map with unlimited distance like Freelancer, that would be the first thing I'd want, especially for Risa. Limiting the maps to only 500 meters from the beach is really lame. STO is supposed to be more advanced. But Freelancer will always be ahead of other games in every way. At least with Freelancer they had the vision to let people explore.
Survivor of Romulus
# 59
07-13-2013, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
water sports would be awesome if only the devs designed each map with unlimited distance like Freelancer, that would be the first thing I'd want, especially for Risa. Limiting the maps to only 500 meters from the beach is really lame. STO is supposed to be more advanced. But Freelancer will always be ahead of other games in every way. At least with Freelancer they had the vision to let people explore.
With Chris Roberts back making the game he always wise he could but never had the tech at the time to it'll be interesting to see if Cryptic starts stepping up on the universe design, although at this point they're have to redo so much from scratch I'm doubting it.

Especially the right side of the Risa event map there's so much wasted space and it feels so constrained. I agree thou it's pretty sad that considering the game engine is supposed to be so advanced that a game made 10 years ago has so much more freedom in it.
Captain
# 60
07-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbailey View Post
Lame either way. If I want to vacation ill do it in real life not some virtual world. Some people need to get a life.
What's so wrong with showing your character relaxing? If there was a mail terminal added to the map, it'd be a nice place to show your character doing a little business, yet "on vaca", especially whenever it is they add stuff like swimming and such. And they could even build off it for episode missions, that happen to you or your crew while on shore leave.
As it is, if they make it available to foundry creators, I'm sure many will do just that.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"