Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 308
There are bare torso options for males and females that are human-skinned (Orions for example). Gorn also has a bare chest option.

There are no bare torsos for male pakleds, caitians, ferengi(?), saurian, tellarite, etc; basically anything non-human like. Females get it at some extent since some clothing options are sleeveless and show midriff sections making it easier to develop swimwear for them. (Or not.) The same would apply to bare legs for males (only human ones are known).

So my guess is that the devs didn't have the resources to give every race bare torsos and legs to make them swimwear-able.

This game costumes are not layered over a bare body like other modern games. When you pick between different shirts for example, the whole torso piece is replaced. There are exceptions to this but it still applies to the issues at hand.

If this is really the case, hopefully it will shed some light into the minds of people wondering why swimwear is not available.

(We're still counting on that "At this time" part though; so devs, please make it happen! eventually!)
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 581
# 2
06-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk79 View Post
There are bare torso options for males and females that are human-skinned (Orions for example). Gorn also has a bare chest option.

There are no bare torsos for male pakleds, caitians, ferengi(?), saurian, tellarite, etc; basically anything non-human like. Females get it at some extent since some clothing options are sleeveless and show midriff sections making it easier to develop swimwear for them. (Or not.) The same would apply to bare legs for males (only human ones are known).

So my guess is that the devs didn't have the resources to give every race bare torsos and legs to make them swimwear-able.

This game costumes are not layered over a bare body like other modern games. When you pick between different shirts for example, the whole torso piece is replaced. There are exceptions to this but it still applies to the issues at hand.

If this is really the case, hopefully it will shed some light into the minds of people wondering why swimwear is not available.

(We're still counting on that "At this time" part though; so devs, please make it happen! eventually!)

We already have topless dudes walking around, Couldn't they just use the human torso with a different colour pallet?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We won't go back, you don't know what its like in our Universe, the original timeline had gone, JJ Abrahms is everywhere"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
just shut up
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 287
# 3
06-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latiasracer View Post
We already have topless dudes walking around, Couldn't they just use the human torso with a different colour pallet?
Nah, if they did that people would complain that 'X Species has chest ridges' or 'Species B has this' or whatever.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 308
# 4
06-27-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm pretty sure a Caitian with a Human bare torso running around would disagree with you.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,017
# 5
06-27-2013, 01:12 PM
so they didnt have time to do that


yet had time to create jet-packs and a whole new set of physics for a single map
12th Fleet
Fleet Captain , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 64
# 6
06-27-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
so they didnt have time to do that


yet had time to create jet-packs and a whole new set of physics for a single map

Entirely different people work on costumes than those that work upon maps.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,807
# 7
06-27-2013, 01:16 PM
I feel overdressed. The fact that I'm jealous of what the npcs have is not helpful.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,807
# 8
06-27-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
so they didnt have time to do that


yet had time to create jet-packs and a whole new set of physics for a single map
And time to make new bikinis for the npcs.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 49
# 9
06-27-2013, 01:24 PM
well, all those in swimwear are humans, or aliens with a small difference, vulcans, bajorans, etc. And they've all pretty much the same body type, a lot easier to slap a bathing suit on a base body type than make it scalable, it would be a clipping nightmare unless they put a lot of time and effort into it. Which I don't think they had the time or resources to do.

You never know, they may be working on them right now for a sneaky update halfway through for the C-store or another vendor item, or we may see them next year.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 86
# 10
06-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
so they didnt have time to do that


yet had time to create jet-packs and a whole new set of physics for a single map

The physics were already present in the engine. The jet pack flight is almost identical to jet packs in Champions Online, another Cryptic game that uses the exact same engine. Only the floater device model and jet flames (which reflect nicely over the shiny texture of the 7 of 9 costume, especially at night) are new.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:01 PM.