Career Officer
# 11
06-27-2013, 01:35 PM
I believe some of the devs are on record as saying that swimwear costumes could be considered a bridge too far in terms of immersion-breaking, and that they were reluctant to go down that road. CBS might not approve, either.
Captain
# 12
06-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffel82 View Post
I believe some of the devs are on record as saying that swimwear costumes could be considered a bridge too far in terms of immersion-breaking, and that they were reluctant to go down that road. CBS might not approve, either.
Why not restrict the outfits to certain locations? Or, maybe if someone is wearing it on ESD, then players see them in a redshirt.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
06-27-2013, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Why not restrict the outfits to certain locations? Or, maybe if someone is wearing it on ESD, then players see them in a redshirt.

Because this isn't City of Heroes where people can run around in their underwear.
Captain
# 14
06-27-2013, 09:56 PM
It's a bit of a downer that there are a BUNCH of NPC's running around with bathingsuits and swim trunks.

But it can't be applied to the player models, I'm just curious as to why?
Captain
# 15
06-27-2013, 09:58 PM
I have both mirror Ent and TOS uniforms. The option for female toons is bare midriffs and very short skirts, these are the closest summer options you can get unless you roll an Orion Slave Girl.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Lieutenant
# 16
06-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffel82 View Post
lol. So my Starfleet Captain can fly around in a Jem'Hadar Battleship full of Borg equipment, with Breen and Romulan Bridge officers, but a pair of swim trunks would be immersion breaking?

STO crossed that 'bridge too far' a long, long time ago.
Captain
# 17
06-27-2013, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustiswordz View Post
I have both mirror Ent and TOS uniforms. The option for female toons is bare midriffs and very short skirts, these are the closest summer options you can get unless you roll an Orion Slave Girl.
FOrgot about the mirror uniforms for fed side.

Yeah, my Orion is in her "native" gear on a lounge chair right now.

With no legs.

Dang graphic errors.
Empire Veteran
# 18
06-27-2013, 10:14 PM
It might have something to do either with "concerned parents" or game politics (Jack Thompson and GTA, remember?)

..or Cryptic simply doesn't want people running around in ESD/QnoS/New Romulus in swimwears
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Commander
# 19
06-27-2013, 10:47 PM
They stated a long time ago they would not release bathing suit options b/c they didn't want folks running around Sol in a Bikini. I wish they would change their minds, but they haven't so far.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-27-2013, 10:50 PM
I would not so much mind the lack of swimsuit, because I can understand why they made that decision.

But why enforce the 'off-duty' clothing?

http://geekparty.com/legacy-of-romul...y-of-outfitus/ They don't have to. The code exists. They just won't implement it playside.
http://geekparty.com/an-open-letter-to-cryptic-studios/ My latest STO article, about the Summer Event. Where I admit that really...it's mostly about the outfits.