Career Officer
# 21
06-27-2013, 11:04 PM
Okay...

This may confound a lot of folks but why not add bare chests as a human only cosmetic option as it is for Orions? Maybe do the same for Romulans and Vulcans.

Then all factions have a species that can go shirtless. Maybe look at extending it to Klingons, Remans, and Caitians/Ferasans down the road.

Then it becomes an incentive rather than something they have to do for all aliens and species.
Captain
# 22
06-28-2013, 12:28 AM
I agree. Still not a permanent fix, but still would have been a nicer option than none at all.

Honestly though, if they weren't going to give us swimwear, they should have waited till next year.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
06-28-2013, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
so they didnt have time to do that

Plenty of time, Beachwear was asked for before game went to launch lol.

no reason has been given, but lots of speculation and funny comments.
Element CKY Electric

"similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
Ensign
# 24
06-28-2013, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Okay...

This may confound a lot of folks but why not add bare chests as a human only cosmetic option as it is for Orions? Maybe do the same for Romulans and Vulcans.

Then all factions have a species that can go shirtless. Maybe look at extending it to Klingons, Remans, and Caitians/Ferasans down the road.

Then it becomes an incentive rather than something they have to do for all aliens and species.
They won't do it because there's no "cannon" on what a Vulcan nipple looks like
Captain
# 25
06-28-2013, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurelias1 View Post
lol. So my Starfleet Captain can fly around in a Jem'Hadar Battleship full of Borg equipment, with Breen and Romulan Bridge officers, but a pair of swim trunks would be immersion breaking?

STO crossed that 'bridge too far' a long, long time ago.
This. I reached the point where I don't care anymore, for all I care they could buy the SW license from Disney and put Star Destroyers in there. STO is broken in that regard. It doesn't care. It doesn't want. It's just a mildly trek-themed "Second Live" with shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuvier44 View Post
A vulcan nipple cannon? Sounds... eww...

Seriously, why do so many people confuse "canon" and "cannon"? It's not that hard...
"I am First Omet'iklan, and I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar."
- "I am Chief Miles Edward O'Brien. I am very much alive, and I intend to stay that way." - "Amen! Let's get it done!" -Omet'iklan, Miles O'Brien, Benjamin Sisko
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
06-28-2013, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytarg View Post

Seriously, why do so many people confuse "canon" and "cannon"? It's not that hard...
It's also just as hard to ignore grammar mistakes, especially when you know exactly what the person means
Element CKY Electric

"similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
Captain
# 27
06-28-2013, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabuboria View Post
It's also just as hard to ignore grammar mistakes, especially when you know exactly what the person means
While I could do so, the "canon - cannon" phenomenon has already surpassed the status of being a "grammar mistake"
"I am First Omet'iklan, and I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar."
- "I am Chief Miles Edward O'Brien. I am very much alive, and I intend to stay that way." - "Amen! Let's get it done!" -Omet'iklan, Miles O'Brien, Benjamin Sisko
Empire Veteran
# 28
06-28-2013, 01:30 AM
by the way, those semi-nude males with six packs and muscular figure are just racist towards obese players. Me thinks it is Cryptics way to promote healthy lifestyle
Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

Commander
# 29
06-28-2013, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytarg View Post
While I could do so, the "canon - cannon" phenomenon has already surpassed the status of being a "grammar mistake"
For it to be considered a "mistake", that implies the writer intended to get it correct in the first place, and, as we all well know, the vast majority just don't have enough self-pride to want to be seen as anything more than mediocre.

-- Smoov
Career Officer
# 30
06-29-2013, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illuvier44 View Post
Sure there is. Spock was shirtless in "patterns of force". (They might need a hairy chest option though.)