Captain
You guys have done a fantastic map update - perhaps TOO fantastic - which leads me to my biggest issue: the map is Too Big

Hunting around the Island for tokens is fun and neat for the first time - but I won't be doing it on a regular basis.

The map is fantastic - the place is awesome if you and your fleetmates want to try something different and run around - but for a daily event - its just too much

I am sure lots of people won't mind tramping around a huge map everyday - but it's just not my cup of tea as after 1 hour you can see all the sights.

But for those that do like it - it's a wonderful map - excellent design - fanatastic concepts - just too big for the hunt and all.

Not really interested in the Ship - you know what I want - TAKE MY MONEY_ GIVE ME MY SCIMITAR 3 PACK - NOW!!
Rihannsu
# 2
06-27-2013, 03:00 PM
I dont quite see how it's too big?

Grab a jet pack, press M and the things are shown by the circles. You can do it in about 5 mins.

I get that some will get bored of it after a whole and thats fine but I don't see what the size of the map has to do with it when we are talking about a few mins of work?

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 3
06-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
I dont quite see how it's too big?

Grab a jet pack, press M and the things are shown by the circles. You can do it in about 5 mins.

I get that some will get bored of it after a whole and thats fine but I don't see what the size of the map has to do with it when we are talking about a few mins of work?
Call me crazy but I actually liked doing the walk/run of the Island instead - missed stuff on the jet pack.

Like I said to each his own - I just feel the Hunt is too spread out and the map is almost overwelming for this type of game - as a Huge Elderscrolls player - I know huge maps - and they are great when you can't go very far without seeing something attack you or that you have to investigate and it takes you on a new quest or find some awesome loot.

But when a map is that big and full of nothing to really interact with - it just feels overwelming to me.

But that's just me.

It's a beautiful map - just too big and too empty of stuff to interect with.
Captain
# 4
06-27-2013, 03:08 PM
There is loads to interact with. Finding those silly statues. Hunting the birds for the accolades. Finding all the hidden TNG/DS9 references and "secret" locations.

Then there are the Doff missions that grant pets/nukara marks, dancing missions that unlock extra dances.
The night day cycle. Hidden caves.

There is WAY more to do that there ever was in the Winter Event.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Captain
# 5
06-27-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
There is loads to interact with. Finding those silly statues. Hunting the birds for the accolades. Finding all the hidden TNG/DS9 references and "secret" locations.

Then there are the Doff missions that grant pets/nukara marks, dancing missions that unlock extra dances.
The night day cycle. Hidden caves.

There is WAY more to do that there ever was in the Winter Event.
Yup that is very true. Still think the map is too big for the number of things - but like I said it's my personal taste - others do vary
Captain
# 6
06-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Why do people keep asking for the location of the grotto bird? Is that just an accolade?