Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Ensign
I'm unable to finish this as KDF-Rom.

I'm stuck at part 'View the Findings'.

After Signaling D'Tan and watching the movie, nothing happens. Quest won't advance.

Anyone managed to finish this? (as kdf-rom)
Career Officer
I can finish the ground daily attached to "the power source" but all I get is the "signal D'Tan" tab and all I get from that is a cutscene with no update to the "Secrets of the Ancients" reputation completion mission. I can't drop or reset that missions, and if I leave the mission area having completed "the power source" I won't be able to come back until the daily timer is up.

I'm very stuck and very frustrated. Is there a workaround? Yes I filed a ticket but not sure if there will be a response.
Career Officer
I beat this before on two other characters, but now my Romulan faction character simply can't get an update for the Tier V finale, "Secrets of the Ancients". I can do the ground daily attached to it, "The Power Source" but all I get is a tab to repeat the cutscene and no update.

If I leave the mission area I get locked out for a day.

I've been a loyal Cryptic customer for many years and have a lot of patience. That being said, because of the lockout timer and the need I have for the reward marks and dilithium, I'm very frustrated and hope beyond hope there's a workaround to this (yes, ticket filed for what its worth). This is very unintuitive and I am sure I'm not the only one who got stuck on this finicky mission. Its so tempermental I feel like it has a mind of its own.

All i get is that "signal D'tan" button and pressing it gives a cutscene and no update, over and over.

Last edited by amalefactor; 06-27-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Captain
# 4
06-27-2013, 03:41 PM
i had this too, way back...all i did was repeat the daily, and it actually worked at the second attempt.
Go pro or go home
Ensign
# 5
06-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Yes, same problem! Already reported few hours before you.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=768201
Career Officer
# 6
06-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
i had this too, way back...all i did was repeat the daily, and it actually worked at the second attempt.
I repeated the daily today. And then I repeated it again with a fleetmate so I could beat the daily timer. Still no luck.

If there's some mechanical way in-mission to prevent it from doing this, I'm eager to know it.
Career Officer
# 7
06-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neithu View Post
Yes, same problem! Already reported few hours before you.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=768201
I beat this twice before on two other characters. Did they freshly break it and make the completion condition even more fragile?
Captain
# 8
06-27-2013, 04:51 PM
I take it you've completed the tier 1-4 missions as well? I remember reading somewhere that if you've only skipped to the last mission it doesn't complete properly.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Lieutenant
# 9
06-27-2013, 04:53 PM
I literally JUST completed this on one of my FED toons without any trouble, cutscene then did "File Report". Dunno why it wouldn't be working for a select few.
Career Officer
# 10
06-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valetheon View Post
I literally JUST completed this on one of my FED toons without any trouble so it's not completely broken if at all...
"I got mine" is a very poor way to handle people that are having trouble.

Oh, for details, this is a Romulan character on Fed side that is stuck. So because it's not a direct fed that might be an issue.
Closed Thread