Starfleet Veteran
# 1 STO needs to be harder
07-03-2013, 02:14 PM
STF's are easy.

Yes, you do get killed within seconds in an STF, but the enemies are really weak.
I think all enemy's should be much tougher to kill, and make it harder to live (but not overdone)

What I would like is STO to be harder.

Also in future , can we please have missions, in which you have a choice of how to proceed, like in Star Trek, the captain makes the decision. And you should fail the mission if you proceed with the incorrect decision.
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Career Officer
# 2
07-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
STF's are easy.

Yes, you do get killed within seconds in an STF, but the enemies are really weak.
I think all enemy's should be much tougher to kill, and make it harder to live (but not overdone)

Options-> Difficulty -> Elite.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 3
07-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
STF's are easy.

You should have tested the new STFs on Tribble when they launched, they were hard because the ships used actual tactics and torp spreads of doom. It was a challenge, but it was doable.

Then the masses played it and complained; the nerf hammer fell.

Quote:
Also in future , can we please have missions, in which you have a choice of how to proceed, like in Star Trek, the captain makes the decision. And you should fail the mission if you proceed with the incorrect decision.
Personally, while I would welcome this mechanic, I don't think the pew pewers would and even if they did it would be a lot more difficult to implement.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Captain
# 4
07-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Look at the Elachi content (especially the Defense of New Romulus), pre-nerf. It was beautiful. It was a challenge...

Then, people QQ'd moar about it and it was changed. I haven't re-played the mission since the first two times I played it, 1st on Tribble, with a bunch of Common and under par gear in the D'Deridex, still cleaned out, and again on Holodeck in my fully kitted out Sao Paulo with crafted gear and then I really smacked 'em around, and both times the Elachi weren't some kind of God-Mode ships, they were just harder then the average content.

I bet that mission is a shell of it's former self now.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.

Career Officer
# 5
07-03-2013, 02:31 PM
I'd like to see them add "Ultra Elite" mode... at least for ground STFs.

Space STFs are already enough of a pain in the neck, IMO.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Captain
# 6
07-03-2013, 02:36 PM
npc's need to be smarter and have as many boff powers as players.

the problem is, whan they do get smarter the dakka crit cabbages cry about it.

so what we get are swarms of great dumb-**** npc's with 1000000 hull that one shot you because the damage vs heal dynamic is so borked that only spike dps is far superior to sustained dps
that and dhc's coupled with spinning top turn rates that just make a dps snowball.
t6 cruiser? keep it, i'd rather have aux to dampers 3.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Commander
# 7
07-03-2013, 02:38 PM
It's an issue of critter design. Because they're limited in terms of the number of weapons & abilities they have, the only way to make them harder is to up their raw stats or have a lot of them.

That basically means you have a very narrow window in which the game is challenging without being obnoxious (examples of obnoxiousness would include: 1 hit torpedoes that used to be in STFs and the ridiculously closely packed enemy mobs in the old Fleet Actions).
Captain
# 8
07-03-2013, 02:49 PM
You want it to be more difficult use only common equiptment and tier 4 and lower ships.
Captain
# 9
07-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaphallic View Post
You want it to be more difficult use only common equiptment and tier 4 and lower ships.
This. Definitely this. Some folks in my fleet ran Infected Space Elite using Tier 3 ships and below, and presumably similar limitations on weapons (I don't know the particulars there). I heard they had fun
Career Officer
# 10
07-03-2013, 02:58 PM
This could be rolled into a mode where you're forced to use a T1 "TOS era" ship.

Lots of people want to see a more functional Connie, T'Liss, D7, Miranda, etc... This would give people a chance to use them in a 'historical war games' event.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist