Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Do I really want to buy STO
01-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Before u start flaming...just let me say YES I DO....I want to purchase the pre-order with all the goodies. I would like to buy the Lifetime Sub....BUT...
I am a little reserved about it since the big patch on the 20th... Don't get me wrong, it is really beautiful... but I've been bugged since the patch and am unable to enter any of the solor systems past Sirius Sectot. I can interact with the ship vendors and conflict zones...just cant enter any of the systems.

Yes I do realize this is beta, and I understand there will be bugs...just browse these forums and I have had my share...and it hasn't been an "Game Stopping Issue". This is not a "Game Stopping Issue" either...I can jus play the second toon...BUT...what if this was to happen to a post release toon that you have cashed in all of your pre-order bonus items and suddenly find you character un playable??? My problem is with the support issue. I filed a bug report on the 20th....have tried several times to get assistance from some sort of GM in game. I have performed a froced verify at log-in...I've even repatched. I have created the second character and it can access the systems normaly and doesnt seem to have that bug.

I still haven't recieved any response to my petition, I have never been able to get any assistance from a GM in-game chat...There is no "Help" channel in the In-Game chat to get help from a GM after searching these
Now I'm wondering if I really want to get this game.

Mik
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2010, 12:43 PM
I'd buy it if I could stay connect to the server for more than 5 minutes. Until they fix that, they should be paying us for all the login screen time we've put it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Not really a topic for gameplay bugs, this thread should be under general discussion.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeybarf View Post
Not really a topic for gameplay bugs, this thread should be under general discussion.
This topic is because of a gamplay bug...

Mik
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2010, 02:45 PM
From what I have got to play I have loved, and yes I will buy on release day. But unfortunately this IS Beta. Your not going to get the same support you would get as if you were paying subscription(s). Lets face it these guys are obviously flat out with bug fixing etc before release.
They are not going to be able to keep everyone happy when there in development. End of the day were just here for feedback and were giving it to them. Do NOT go and judge beta against the final release.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik01
Before u start flaming...just let me say YES I DO....I want to purchase the pre-order with all the goodies. I would like to buy the Lifetime Sub....BUT...
I am a little reserved about it since the big patch on the 20th... Don't get me wrong, it is really beautiful... but I've been bugged since the patch and am unable to enter any of the solor systems past Sirius Sectot. I can interact with the ship vendors and conflict zones...just cant enter any of the systems.

Yes I do realize this is beta, and I understand there will be bugs...just browse these forums and I have had my share...and it hasn't been an "Game Stopping Issue". This is not a "Game Stopping Issue" either...I can jus play the second toon...BUT...what if this was to happen to a post release toon that you have cashed in all of your pre-order bonus items and suddenly find you character un playable??? My problem is with the support issue. I filed a bug report on the 20th....have tried several times to get assistance from some sort of GM in game. I have performed a froced verify at log-in...I've even repatched. I have created the second character and it can access the systems normaly and doesnt seem to have that bug.

I still haven't recieved any response to my petition, I have never been able to get any assistance from a GM in-game chat...There is no "Help" channel in the In-Game chat to get help from a GM after searching these
Now I'm wondering if I really want to get this game.

Mik
Are you getting stuck on the transfer location screen where it allows you to select which channel you want to enter? Or is it not even bringing up that menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkos
I'd buy it if I could stay connect to the server for more than 5 minutes. Until they fix that, they should be paying us for all the login screen time we've put it.
run a trace route to see where your getting dc'd? If anything it sounds like you're being dropped along the way from your ISP or elsewhere and not from any Cryptic or STO related connections.