Career Officer
I'm the operator of a small fleet. I want it to stay small so I can control what is going on with it. I haven't ever had a problem getting everything I need for the fleet... except for fleet marks. Now there's been another squeeze on those.

For a while I was mainly getting them through the daily foundry mission, until they blocked the "scan the rock" missions from that.

Then I switched to doing DOFF missions, mainly Military, Espionage and Engineering Department Head missions as they give the most CXP. Yesterday that was severely curtailed.

In case you hadn't known, depending on your reaction time, you could do anywhere from 2 to 5 Department Head DOFF missions. Yesterday's patch changed it so there was no way to do more than one. This means that the amount of CXP I'm going to be earning will drop to about 60% of what it had been. Doing DOFF missions in other areas than those 3 will nowhere near fill the void.

So, I'm left with a few choices on how to fill the void.

1) Recruit. Other than being a serious pain, I'd also have to give up control of the fleet.

2) Buy them. yeah... right... pay people to give you marks with no guarantee that they will provide the goods.

3) Grind. I haven't got the time to put in 1-2 hours a day into that. In addition, doing the same missions hundreds of times is seriously boring.

4) Accept it and know that I'll not get the base finished.

If I'm missing aother option, please let me know.
Ensign
# 2 kill some borg!
06-28-2013, 06:10 AM
defari invasion zone get a team together select every single mission going with except for the hard ones (excluding probe select that) then split up and kill borg returning to base camp every now and again and watch the fleet and omega marks roll in!
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-28-2013, 07:42 AM
what?

why would you "have" to give up control of the fleet?

right Question on how to get fleet marks

lot of the qued events have choice of marks,
Career Officer
# 4
06-28-2013, 09:12 AM
I ran into the same situation, and to be honest, the best thing is to be patient. I am also part of a small fleet. We have about 30 members, but only about 10 really contribute. We are about to reach Tier 3. It takes a lot of work, but the best way is to change your expectations and be very patient. For us it has taken almost a year to get to Tier 3, but that is how it is designed to be. The only recommendation that I could give you, is try to focus on one thing at a time, and don't waste time in provisions unless your fleet members really want something in particular.
Ensign
# 5
06-28-2013, 01:19 PM
cryptic keeps saying they will help small fleets but every update seems to make things harder for small fleets
Career Officer
# 6
06-28-2013, 02:01 PM
I fell your pain.

I too am the leader of a small (solo) fleet. And fleet marks have always been my problem.

I have an Eng Fed character that I outfitted for Nukara, and playing Tholian Incursion mission for two hours, netted about 400 - 500 FMs. Was nice and didn't have a complaint.

Now that they have been removed, I have to have my tac Fed character run around on Defera for them.

Oh well. I don't know why they curtailed FMs, they garner no income for Cryptic. So why make it harder to get them?
-----------------------------------------
Enjoy and have fun!
It is a game.

Career Officer
# 7 Fleet Marks
06-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Fleets Marks

Where O' where are you tonight?

In my opinion the reputation section of this games should be dropped, or all those missions for Romulan marks Nukura(forgive the spelling) marks, omega marks should give you a choice between the two different mark Fleet or Rep.

Second idea is put a vendor at nearby that will trade marks.

But this is just One person's opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Get your DOFF system up to level 4 on all disciplines. You can do this by only going for the missions that yield 1000 CXP. Development, Medical, and Espionage have these kinds of missions. There are others that offer 500 CXP as well.

After you hit 10000 over the 100000 cap, you can trade it in for Fleet Marks, you can get between 75-100 fleet marks for each 10000 you trade in. I managed to get almost 5000 each for all 4 of my toons through this method.
Fleet Affiliations:
FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
Captain
# 9
07-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahnalos View Post
Get your DOFF system up to level 4 on all disciplines. You can do this by only going for the missions that yield 1000 CXP. Development, Medical, and Espionage have these kinds of missions. There are others that offer 500 CXP as well.

After you hit 10000 over the 100000 cap, you can trade it in for Fleet Marks, you can get between 75-100 fleet marks for each 10000 you trade in. I managed to get almost 5000 each for all 4 of my toons through this method.

How can you get that many I find it takes me days to get enough xp to get over 110.000
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Commander
# 10
07-17-2013, 05:20 PM
For me the best way is "Colony Invasion" it's quick 5-10 minutes and you get every time 50 marks without the event and about 60 marks during the bonus event.

Subscribed For: 1600+ Days