Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Captain
# 161
09-30-2013, 12:48 PM
I said I would not do more reps ... but I am now doing all 3 on science toon after having gotten 3 toons to all tier V reps and 1 other to Tier V, IV and III for Omega, Nukara and Rom.

A lot of people, myself included, have begged Cryptic to institute some kind of discount for reps for people who finish them on several toons. All pleas have fallen on deaf ears. It might be doable to have them be toon based as opposed to account if:

Expertise and mark requirements were scaled back dramatically.

1) Expertise requirements is insanely high. ~15K expertise for the 2 projects starting around tier II. I always end up having to do boring Mirror invasion to fill up.

2) Marks required for Rom is too much or Rom missions need to increase yield. I can do Omega Conduit elite in 10 - 15 minutes and it will award 105 marks ... which is enough for 2 days of reps. But the best Romulan mission, sector patrols, awards only 75 (during bonus).

I proposed halving or more the expertise required and reducing the cost of marks by some % per tier achieved / toon up to some limit like 50%. Don't expect them to fix this anytime soon.
Commander
# 162
09-30-2013, 01:22 PM
I used to grind to get my MACO space set and Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier (lockbox keys) , but after I got them, I stopped. I literally watched 1,020 Omega marks evaporate into that space set. It took me a month of daily grinding to get it, and guess what, the MACO set wasn't as "special" as my Jem'Hadar space set Mark XI

My only toon is level 3 in each (Omega, Nukara and Romulan). I understand they need "end game" things to do, but it becomes a full time job with no pay. After a while you don't care about the mission you're doing, you just want it done as soon as possible so you'll move onto the next one. The game is no longer fun when it gets to that point.
Captain
# 163
09-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Just got omega tier 5 myself on my main, my other 4 characters are nothing more than dilithium farmers now.

On my main, i'm on tier 3 romulan and tier 2 tholian.

it's getting beyond a joke.

Delta Rising is da best expansion evar and da playerz love it
Career Officer
# 164
10-01-2013, 12:32 AM
Been awhile since I last played. Miss it a lot. Check back every day to see if Cryptic has done something about the ridiculous Rep/Fleet grind so I can return. but silence. Sigh.
Captain
# 165
10-01-2013, 05:16 AM
To add to it.

I want to make a KDF science Captain but here are the things holding me back:
Rep grind.
Lack of costumes.
Everything comes covered in dirt.
KDF fleet has maybe 3 members on a day.
Single character unlocks.
All their best toys cost Zen while you can get them for very little ec Fed side.

If I could once a year change my character class and species for 1000z then it wouldn't be so bad. I could reassign an unused character. As it is now, well I'd rather walk from the game if love isn't shown to both science vessels and the KDF.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Starfleet Veteran
# 166
10-01-2013, 05:24 AM
Yes i need to make 2 pvp rommies, thats the only part of the game i still need to perfect.
Did the rep. grind on 14 charaters but can't do it anymore.
At least it saves me money (don't need the ships for pvp).
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Commander
# 167
10-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Never. I never got a singly point of reputation stuff and I do not intend to get one. I never grinded ANYTHING in this game. Not EC, not Dilithium (my sum of dilithium is most likely sub 100 000 for all my toons together since dil. appeared), not Fleet Marks, nor reputation.

Someone on the beginning of this thread was right. You are all moaning and complaining about dil, reputation, fleet marks, lockboxes, lobi and whatever else there is. Yet you all ARE grinding it. Hidden masochism or what?

Stop it and if players go aways from the game and reputation/fleet system en masse Cryptic will have do give us alternative. Now - they have no reason too. After all - you ARE playing what they are providing. So they HAD to be right and ARE providing the content YOU WANT!

Right? Of course right.
Starfleet Veteran
# 168
10-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978 View Post
Never. I never got a singly point of reputation stuff and I do not intend to get one. I never grinded ANYTHING in this game. Not EC, not Dilithium (my sum of dilithium is most likely sub 100 000 for all my toons together since dil. appeared), not Fleet Marks, nor reputation.

Someone on the beginning of this thread was right. You are all moaning and complaining about dil, reputation, fleet marks, lockboxes, lobi and whatever else there is. Yet you all ARE grinding it. Hidden masochism or what?

Stop it and if players go aways from the game and reputation/fleet system en masse Cryptic will have do give us alternative. Now - they have no reason too. After all - you ARE playing what they are providing. So they HAD to be right and ARE providing the content YOU WANT!

Right? Of course right.
You are either being cheeky or just a simpleton.

To be competitive and not let my pvp team down I grind, yes, because i am dedicated to the team. However it is a bad component and needs to be fixed. I am not masoshistic, just motivated to have the best. If you don't have a motivation to grind then that is fine, but check the attitude. This is not the content I want, but it is the gear I want. They could have engaged their brain to the on position and devised a manner more appropriate for grownups just wanting to play a game. That is the reason for the frustration, they gate necessary materials behind an unnecessary suck fest.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
Commander
# 169
10-04-2013, 07:10 PM
hasn't stopped me from making alts...though, once the grind starts wearing on me i quit. cancel sub and leave. LoR brought me back, entity event is so far keeping me here, but 10 characters, only one has reached tier 5 in one rep path...and the rest? i try...but falling asleep running missions you've done 1k+ times, and know that you haven't even begun because there's still other characters to do just makes me give up.

games are supposed to be fun, sto's end game rep grind is not fun. i have played a lot of mmo's, 'asian' grinders as some are called even....this is by far the worst. it was, is, and always will be a bad design having that much grind and few choices on how to acquire needed resources, the same maps over and over and over.

the game does not have the end game variety to support a grind of that magnitude.

a possible solution at least for the same old same old.

random gen missions of exploration/headhunting (depending on faction) how far you get, what you kill, what you discover all generates rewards payable at the end, you die, no respawn, mission ends. solo or group. you finish a sector, choose to continue or get the payout. continuing generates more difficult scenerios, but rewards increase.

destroy ships, board and data mine ships, infiltrate installations, destroy listening posts, etc...all random gen so no same old patterns. popping a spy station could get an entire fleet called in on you...or not. scouting borg/tholian/elachi space, avoiding sensor nets...or charging into them just to rack up the kill count.

i can dream
Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
Survivor of Romulus
# 170
10-05-2013, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chookin View Post
Have 15 characters, kind of stopped playing different alts as time went on/more stuff was introduced. When I think about the reputations/having to go to ground to collect hypos etc it generally turns me off and stop playing for the rest of the day.

Can't really feel motivated about making new or keeping them all up to date anymore, so I just fart about on one or two characters a day on what I feel like doing. It's not the most efficient use in game but much more enjoyable than grinding.
this pluss 1