Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Captain
# 31
06-30-2013, 05:32 PM
The rep system has really, no bearing on what I do. If I feel like doing some on the reps, I do. If not, I don't. So it kind of varies from week to week. Main thing I'm heading for, is 1 of each career type/faction, eventually.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Commander
# 32
06-30-2013, 05:41 PM
I stopped bothering making new alts, in fact i stopped caring for most of my already existing ones.

The saddest part about this whole reputation system its making PvP even more miserable then it already is.

Every rep they add increases the gap between newcomers and oldskool players even more.

So much for Cryptic actually wanting to make PvP better ey? Oh wait, they dont.

Last edited by masterkeychnk5; 06-30-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Career Officer
# 33
06-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Short and sweet answer... when it came out.

I'm grinding rep on one toon, my main, and won't ever bother doing it on any of my alts. They became bank toons the day Cryptic put reputation projects on live.

That said I'm not necessarily against the reputation system, its okay once.

Winter Event - Romulan Reputation done
still working on everything else and they keep adding more.
Survivor of Romulus
# 34
06-30-2013, 09:04 PM
Unless you're in a top fleet with unlimited access to everything and anything there is no point to pvp. That only leaves PVE/FLEET/STF. For PVE and Fleet you don't really need anything specific, obviously the better the gear the better you'll be, but it isn't a necessity. If you don't have access to fleet gear than that just leaves you rep gear for preparing for Elite STFs where quality gear matters.

I've seen plenty of players just save up for the Aegis set or even just use the Breen, Jem or other free sets and manage to do just fine so there real question isn't what point do you stop doing multiple reps, but is there even a reason to.

I'm a Rom, so I wanted to check out the Rom rep so I'm bothering with that one, and there are some decent abilities on the Omega rep so I might bother with that one, but that's about it otherwise I would just go it with the free or exchange gear.
Career Officer
# 35
07-01-2013, 07:01 AM
Someday when all my 3 Fed Tac , 1 Eng and 1 Sci have all and my Tac Kling and my Tac Rom. I might level up 2 more Kling and Rom (Sci,Eng) but then can take some years maybe if not mutch more Rep System come.

I think 4 Rep Systems are enough now. Maybe 1 more Spec Event after Winter and Summer.

only with 1 i have all Events done at moment with 1 more i could have all soon when i play some Mirror Events Hours
Level 50 Cpts: W-T-Riker; Jadzia; Sharan; K'Dhan; T-W-Riker; T'Pok; Ehrehin; Shanara; Karana; Lukara
Subscribed For: 1200 Days 23-08-2013
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-01-2013, 07:22 AM
At present I have Omega T3 and Romulan T3 rep done on my Romulan KDF main character. Nukara is also nearly at T2 but tbh I have no plans to go further than Nukara T2. I'm now spending time getting what I want from the Mk XI Omega and Rom sets because I feel like I'm endlessly grinding rep and getting no real returns. I expect I'll take this character to T5 Omega/Rom rep eventually.

My alt is a Fed and I have nearly Omega T3 and Romulan T3 done but I'm seriously bored with doing the rep since thats all I'm doing on my main. I don't have the time to do this on 2 characters really so I've started avoiding playing my Fed.

I recently rolled an Orion so I can eventually use the Vo'Quv carrier I bought off the exchange and I will say now that I have absolutely no intention of doing any rep on this character ever because its bloody boring and after a while kills my enjoyment of the game.
Rihannsu
# 37
07-01-2013, 07:57 AM
I currently have 22x characters (+1 mule on an Alt-Silver account, who never gets played, only used for the occasional utility functions):

11x Feds
9x KDF
2x RR

I have maxed all three Reps on my Main, and will "always" complete Reps on that character. I have Omega/Rom Rep completed on 4 (nearly 5) "primary" alts, the ones that get regular play time in my rotation. Nukara? Only completed thus far on my Main. Since there's no real End Reward (like a sum of Dil or Marks, as the other Reps) or worthy Mk XII gear, I will probably not bother finishing it on any other... I have one or two Scis that may go to T4, the rest of the Primary Alts will stop by T2.

The remaining Secondary Alts were mostly made for thematic reasons (my Vulcan captain and "all" Vulcan crew D'kyr, for example). These rarely get played, so will likely never get Reps.

Since Reps were introduced, I've created 4x characters: An Andorian I made just before the Andorian ships coming out (but he's still only L38 and I never did buy the ships, HA!), my 2x Rommies, and a new KDF "Pirate" that I want to put in the Risian Corvette. At least one of the Roms will get Omega/Rom Rep-leveled (maybe L2 Nukara). Probably not the others.

I see no point that multiple Reps will stop character creation. I figure as the system progresses... Say this time next year when there are (guessing) 5 or 6 Reps... I figure I'll keep my Main updated as new ones are released. All my alts (new or created) will continue to pick and choose, depending what any given Rep offers.

Some day, when there's 20 Reps, the only people who will have them all will be the Vets. The "norm" will be that New players (and most Alts) might only specialize in one or two.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Rihannsu
# 38
07-01-2013, 08:14 AM
I will still create new alts, as I like to have one captain per ship, with a few excpetions. But I'm not grinding rep on all of them, since most of them end up being doffers/miners for the most part. And even my main hasn't started on Nakura rep yet. Unless something comes over as OMG powerful, I'll stick to building my characters per a theory, and not just going for everything as it comes out.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Community Moderator
# 39
07-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Mostly I don't bother trying to level rep on all of my characters, not even my main. Highest I have in anything is T4 Romulan rep.

As it is, I don't have enough Zen/Dil/EC to get all of the things I'd like to have and I don't have the luxury of time or money to do it for one character let alone all of them.

My main will probably eventually be at least Tier 1-2 in all of them. I'm not in a big hurry. On my alts, I will pick and choose but probably not get much past T2-T3 in one or two reps.

The system was never designed to allow everyone to max out everything, so I don't sweat it. I'd rather play my alts the way I want to because I like playing different characters.

That said, I think the Rep system is too much of a grind and it's too expensive to collect the project requirements. I wish it was more time/achievement based and less about time/currency. If it were about completing mission arcs, or DOFF chains, it would be less tedious and I'd be a lot more interested in trying to complete it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 40
07-01-2013, 09:49 AM
I have 4, 2 fed 1 kdf and 1 rom. I only do rep on my main fed and kdf, mainly as an afterthought. If I look and I have enough marks and items to move it along ill do it but its a pain and I never liked grinding. Ill never do nukara.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trimenranger1 View Post
the freighter can't even fight a cold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
Yes it can, medical supplies and antigens are sold on-board cheaply.