Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,313
Anybody think that Cryptic should offer an option via the Lobi Consortium for upgrading the Cell Tradeship's weapon's and hull points? It would be similar to the Jem Hadar space set upgrade.

Current Cell Ship Stats:

Ship Statistics:

Hull Strength: 10,000
Shield Modifier: 1
Crew: 50
Weapons: 2 Fore, 1 Aft
Device Slots: 5
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Ensign Universal, 1 Lieutenant Universal
Console Modifications: 2 Science, 1Engineering
Base Turn Rate: 16 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.17
+5 Power to Engines
Cloaking Device
Onboard access to the Bank, Exchange, Mail and Crafting
Duty Officer Reassignment contact
Suliban Survivor contact
Quartermaster Commodity Broker
Energy Credit Discount
S.C.S. Registry Name Prefix Option
Unique interior

Proposed changes:

Hull Strength: 25,000
Shield Modifier: 1
Crew: 50
Weapons: 3 Fore, 2 Aft
Device Slots: 5
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Ensign Universal, 1 Lieutenant Universal, 1 Commander Universal, 1 Ensign Science
Console Modifications: 3 Science, 2 Engineering, 1 Tac
Base Turn Rate: 16 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.17
+10 Power to Engines, +5 Aux
2 Special Attacks : Suliban Boarding Party: Suliban Cell ships randomly attach to the hull of the enemy with a chance to create a massive power drain on on all subsystems.
Suliban Invasion: Your ship separates into 8-10 cell ships that swarm nearby enemies, taking their shields offline

Cloaking Device
Onboard access to the Bank, Exchange, Mail and Crafting
Duty Officer Reassignment contact
Suliban Survivor contact
Quartermaster Commodity Broker
Energy Credit Discount
S.C.S. Registry Name Prefix Option
Unique interior
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!

Last edited by knuhteb5; 06-28-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,858
# 2
06-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Cool idea but even with the upgrade it would not at all be usable for combat, so what would be the reason to spend this lobi?
______________________________________
Remember Me
www.srs-fleet.net
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,313
# 3
06-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
Cool idea but even with the upgrade it would not at all be usable for combat, so what would be the reason to spend this lobi?
How would you change it then? How about an additional ensign universal, a special attack, and 1 hangar?
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,628
# 4
06-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Its a freighter, I do not understand this obsession with trying to make a FREIGHTER into a combat ship.

Stats are F-I-N-E since the main and only purposes of this ship is vendor discount and DOFFing, it might as well be unarmed.
Former Star Trek Online Player
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,840
# 5
06-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Its a freighter, I do not understand this obsession with trying to make a FREIGHTER into a combat ship.

Stats are F-I-N-E since the main and only purposes of this ship is vendor discount and DOFFing, it might as well be unarmed.
I'm pretty sure there were threads to arm the tuffli as well....
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,313
# 6
06-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Its a freighter, I do not understand this obsession with trying to make a FREIGHTER into a combat ship.

Stats are F-I-N-E since the main and only purposes of this ship is vendor discount and DOFFing, it might as well be unarmed.
Use a little imagination. A ship can be used for whatever you want it to be used for.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 296
# 7
06-28-2013, 09:11 AM
The Tuffli and the Suliban ship are both Freighters and not intended to be taken into battle. Therefore, there is no need to grant upgrade options which would grant more offensive capabilities. If it was me I would also have set those ships up with only 2 Ensign slots at most.

The only boost which would make a little bit sense would be an upgrade to their Freighter abilitites such as more discounts and Transwarps.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,313
# 8
06-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegon1ice View Post
The Tuffli and the Suliban ship are both Freighters and not intended to be taken into battle. Therefore, there is no need to grant upgrade options which would grant more offensive capabilities. If it was me I would also have set those ships up with only 2 Ensign slots at most.

The only boost which would make a little bit sense would be an upgrade to their Freighter abilitites such as more discounts and Transwarps.
Deep space 9: season 4, ep 13. Kira and Dukat retrofit a freighter to be able to fire a disruptor cannon. There is precedent in canon for upgrading freighters.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 290
# 9
06-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
Deep space 9: season 4, ep 13. Kira and Dukat retrofit a freighter to be able to fire a disruptor cannon. There is precedent in canon for upgrading freighters.
There may be a cannonical precedent that would allow it, but there is no conceivable practical reason to do it.

Well no reason, other than for people to take it into STFs or PVP just so they can show how special they are by fighting in a freighter. Even with the proposed upgrades, it still would make a rather lackluster combat ship.

Now what I would like to see is a [Ferengi Commerce Enhancement Retrofit Modification] available through rep or dil or lobi that would grant Tuffli/Cell Ship transwarps/commodity discounts/exchange access from your own ship.

In stead of turning a freighter into a DPS boat, help us turn our DPS boats into freighters
_________________________________________________

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 880
# 10
06-28-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1derfull1 View Post
There may be a cannonical precedent that would allow it, but there is no conceivable practical reason to do it.

Well no reason, other than for people to take it into STFs or PVP just so they can show how special they are by fighting in a freighter. Even with the proposed upgrades, it still would make a rather lackluster combat ship.

Now what I would like to see is a [Ferengi Commerce Enhancement Retrofit Modification] available through rep or dil or lobi that would grant Tuffli/Cell Ship transwarps/commodity discounts/exchange access from your own ship.

In stead of turning a freighter into a DPS boat, help us turn our DPS boats into freighters
Love that idea. Since reputation systems are the future of this game, I'd like to see a quasi-reputation system for upgrading your ships' utility and vanity functions (not unlike the vanity special projects for fleet bases/embassies/mines scaled for a single person).

I think the best way to introduce this would be for the devs to add a couple of different interiors (i.e. belfast, constitution, normal, andorian, and lockbox ship interiors) and then allow them to be upgraded to fit whatever you want on them.

With the foundry they could even have contests to design ship interiors to be used in the game and then from those interiors have set places where if x is upgraded it will appear here and such.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:38 PM.