Commander
# 1 Nukara Marks, Pittance Rewards
05-29-2013, 09:28 AM
You seriously expect me to grind Nukara marks across multiple toons for the pittance reward? NOT!
Prime Minister Nayrok: Do not relax your security for an instant, Captain. He is extremely violent, and very cunning, as you already know.
Jean-Luc Picard: A matter of internal security: the age-old cry of the oppressor. The Hunted [3.11]
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-29-2013, 11:27 AM
Yes rewards are low, but they are for omega too
Missions are less interesting and if your a space hog like me there are not many to choose from
Azure nebula bugs sometimes making it even less worth it (can only release 1 ship the other three are INVISIBLE!)
People are just releasing the ship without fight too these days so less ec made or they just sit about and do nothing.
Lieutenant
# 3
05-31-2013, 09:54 AM
as far as I can tell, ONE run of CC (normal) OR ANR with your average PUG during the 3 hour long bonus marks period is enough to fill the daily big reputation project, with marks to spare, for the first two tiers at least. I can't be arsed to figure out if it's enough for T3+

Not bad for 15 minutes of effort (and by "effort," I mean "tap space bar and don't fly like a loon").

do one of each of the above missions daily, and you'll be filling BOTH projects and steadily build up spare marks for the gear.

I, too, was a little alarmed about the Nuke reputation marks, until I figured out it's no harder to advance this rep than it was the Romulan one. Steady, regular play of about 30 minutes a day will keep you moving along as fast as one can.
Captain
# 4
05-31-2013, 11:10 AM
Also doing azure or vault ensnared, takes about 30 min is enough to fill 2 projects depending how good your teammates are.
Reality is WAR

KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Commander
# 5
06-01-2013, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by x0ligy View Post
Yes rewards are low, but they are for omega too
Missions are less interesting and if your a space hog like me there are not many to choose from
Azure nebula bugs sometimes making it even less worth it (can only release 1 ship the other three are INVISIBLE!)
People are just releasing the ship without fight too these days so less ec made or they just sit about and do nothing.
Right. So 100 Omarks for 5 minutes work is compared to 15 minutes for 35 Marks on The Vault: Ensnared or 5 Minutes for 30 Marks on CE (assuming the team is half decent).

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrimpinion View Post
as far as I can tell, ONE run of CC (normal) OR ANR with your average PUG during the 3 hour long bonus marks period is enough to fill the daily big reputation project, with marks to spare, for the first two tiers at least. I can't be arsed to figure out if it's enough for T3+
500 Marks for Weapons/Gear/Console. Each. Please crunch how long it would take to get one of these items.

I am terrible at this game. I have 6 Lv 50 accounts.
Lieutenant
# 6
06-03-2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkraust View Post
Right. So 100 Omarks for 5 minutes work is compared to 15 minutes for 35 Marks on The Vault: Ensnared or 5 Minutes for 30 Marks on CE (assuming the team is half decent).

500 Marks for Weapons/Gear/Console. Each. Please crunch how long it would take to get one of these items.
10 days, if you only grind for the marks for 30 min/day.

aka, 5hrs/item.

assuming the 2 space missions I mentioned, on normal, have the largest payout for time spent, which may or may not be true.

100 Omega marks per STF isn't unheard of, but it's not the norm, either. and finishing an STF in 5 minutes has probably happened before, but it ain't exactly common either.
Rihannsu
# 7
06-03-2013, 07:07 AM
Crystal elite would probably help...if it wasn't broken.
Lieutenant
# 8
06-03-2013, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
Crystal elite would probably help...if it wasn't broken.
oh, for sure.

I won't deny that eSTFs are clearly the best bang for your buck when it comes to rewards/marks in the game, but that's primarily because they're the oldest, and attempting to re-balance the rewards leads to player uprisings, heh.

But, just to compare the Omega reputation system to the newest one, if you crunch the numbers, it's not *that* out of line:

1 T5 Space set item: 500 marks > 5 hours of play to make the marks (as I outlined above)

1 mkXII Omega Rep space item: 1000 marks >...

Okay, so, let's make a few assumptions:

You're PUGing (if you're grinding as fast as possible, you'll have to eventually), you're doing eSTFs back to back, in space, sometimes you're making the optionals, sometimes not, sometimes during the bonus event, sometimes not...

Maybe I'm low-balling it here, but for simplicity's sake, we'll say your average take is 80 marks per STF. You're being super lucky and no matter which one you play, they're always completed in 15min or less. there are 4 Space eSTFs (I'm including Hive, which has higher rewards and typically takes longer, but we'll say it averages out).

SO, at 80 marks per run, you can earn a maximum of 320 marks/hour. therefore:

1 mkXII Omega Rep space item: 1000 marks > 3 hrs, 15 min, with a few marks to spare.

Omega gear - 3.25 hrs per item
Nukara gear - 5 hrs per item

...yeah. Not bad, in my opinion.
Career Officer
# 9
06-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Most people seem not to be trying for Nukara marks, the grind is insane. I'm on t3 and wondering why bother?
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Captain
# 10
06-03-2013, 08:18 AM
I'm only doing it for the passives as they will help in PVP and maybe will get some of the weapons
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak