Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 51
07-10-2013, 11:13 PM
From the July 11 Patch notes:
'Resolved an edge case that resulted in a very small number of players receiving a version of "Flying High" they could not complete.'

Hopefully, this will fix the bug. Unfortunately, no word yet from the Cryptic team on how those of us who have had the bug from day 2 of the event [after the first patch] will be able to complete it.

Cryptic, please either extend the event, or give pearls to those who submitted tickets!
Requiring us to spend Lobi for pearls for something that was not our fault is unacceptable.
Career Officer
# 52
07-11-2013, 07:21 AM
Well out of 15 toons, which i've done every day since event launch i got my first bugged daily mission today(patch day) so hopefully this fixes it and i can keep everything upto speed as it were. But still be nice if you could be knid to those who missed out a lot of pearls i'll probally not miss any bar it borking my prefered hour i do all my characters, as one of them now drops out of midafternoon(GMT) into evening where i am generally a bit busy.
But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
W.B. Yeats

Lifer since beta its never been so good! So now can everyone chill this game is going in the right direction
Career Officer
# 53
07-11-2013, 12:02 PM
The good ...
The fix is in today's patch and it seems to work!

The bad...
No word yet from Cryptic on extending the event or reimbursing pearls for the days it was unplayable to those "few" players who reported it with tickets. [In my case, 13 days missed]

The ugly ...
The idea of adding sounds to the ring event, while good if only you could hear them when you passed through them, becomes a cacophony when you can hear everyone else going through them as well.
Risa used to be a nice quiet place to vacation. Now it has become a laser-tag arena. *sigh*
The dev's should be forced to listen to that sound 24/7 until it is fixed.

Edit: The latest patch has removed the ugly! Thank you!
[Now, how do we make up for 2 weeks of not being able to do the event?]

Last edited by treking2; 07-13-2013 at 01:33 AM.
Career Officer
# 54
07-15-2013, 12:34 AM
The July 11 Release notes state:
- Resolved an edge case that resulted in a very small number of players receiving a version of "Flying High" they could not complete.

While this did fix the problem, the fix came 14 days after the start of the Summer Event.
You need to complete 25 events in the 35 days of the event.
I had this bug since the second day of the event and reported it with a ticket the same day.
This means that unless I get compensated with pearls for the 13 days since I reported the bug until it was fixed, or unless the event is extended two weeks, my toon will be unable to complete this event.

Buying lobi to get pearls is NOT an option, since this bug was through no fault of my own.

Cryptic ... IS there any word on how this will be resolved?
Is this why the title still says: "*Team is working on a fix", when the fix was put in the July 11 update?

SOME official word on this from Cryptic would be most welcome. Thank you.
Captain
# 55
07-15-2013, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treking2 View Post
The July 11 Release notes state:
- Resolved an edge case that resulted in a very small number of players receiving a version of "Flying High" they could not complete.

While this did fix the problem, the fix came 14 days after the start of the Summer Event.
You need to complete 25 events in the 35 days of the event.
I had this bug since the second day of the event and reported it with a ticket the same day.
This means that unless I get compensated with pearls for the 13 days since I reported the bug until it was fixed, or unless the event is extended two weeks, my toon will be unable to complete this event.

Buying lobi to get pearls is NOT an option, since this bug was through no fault of my own.

Cryptic ... IS there any word on how this will be resolved?
Is this why the title still says: "*Team is working on a fix", when the fix was put in the July 11 update?

SOME official word on this from Cryptic would be most welcome. Thank you.

Thats the whole point make an event thats going to be hard to complete to begin with then add a bug that ensures some wont complete UNLESS they buy keys.

now lets do the mental leap of faith

Event hard to complete

event bugged cannot complete in time allotted

BUT you can buy keys to get the lobi you need for the pearls

hmm can someone say money grab?
Lt. Commander
# 56
07-20-2013, 05:41 PM
There is still a bug with the courses. I took the Mission 20 hour ago, but didn't started the Mission. After starting the Mission with one toon and having 4min cooldown left the Mission worked fine. My other Char didn't got any course when the 20 hour are over.
Lt. Commander
# 57
07-20-2013, 05:55 PM
at least you can play the game.because of the server lagging,I could not log on at all today.they should extend the risa event.