how about this, every instance of the typhoon is replaced in game by the odyssey, and we all forget all about this ugly kitbash? the need for a top dog fed npc is easily filled by the ody. and if not that, a galaxy class.
The Odyssey is already in-game as a dreadnought. But I am completely on-board with replacing the Typhoon with something more pleasing to the eye.
During the First Contact Day event I explored the shipyards with Demorecord and stumbled across a beautiful looking ship that isn't currently in the game as an NPC. Unfortunately I forgot to screenshot it, but I can totally see it being the replacement for the Typhoon.
ok for the last fraking time the typhoon wont be in the game for various reasons:
1. cryptic doesnt want it playable
2. we already have a flagship which is the oddessey
3. the ship is ugly
4. we already have enough ships as it is for fed side and need to focus more on the kdf and romulan side
2. Just because the Odyssey is the new "face" of Starfleet doesn't mean that there is no room for other large ships.
3. Subjective. And in my own subjective opinion, the Envoy,Noble, Monarch, etc. makes the Typoon look like Miss Universe in comparison. There are uglier, more "kitbashy", vessels already in the game. What's one or two more going to hurt?
4. Just because the Republic and Klingon Empire could use a few more ships to choose from shouldn't exclude future additions for Federation players.
Special Weapon - 4x Heavy Phaser Beam Arrays. 280 Base Damage. -12 Weapon Drain, 2x Acc 3x Dmg mods, Battleship Only, may only have 4 total equipped.
Epic Weapons are 3 mods, some rare ones like the Spiral Disruptors have four. Surely you could drop it down to 3. With an Elite Fleet version having 4? You realise your asking for 4 Dual Cannons with a 270 degree arc right?
According to the wiki Dual Cannons only have 192 base damage for 256 DPS. Only one ship can have more than four of em and it's Fed too.
These weapons just seem ridiculously over powered. It looks like you want broardside DPS that outdoes DHCs. I could see the ship coming with one or a console that allows a Beam to fire like that but not four all the time.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why. When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
I think a weapons upgrade would be nice but instead of a wide angle dual cannon how about a single heavy cannon. We have dual and dual heavies. Why not cannon and heavy cannon? Wide arc like the singles but the 10% innate crit severity bonus built in.