Captain
# 11
06-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
how about this, every instance of the typhoon is replaced in game by the odyssey, and we all forget all about this ugly kitbash? the need for a top dog fed npc is easily filled by the ody. and if not that, a galaxy class.
The Odyssey is already in-game as a dreadnought. But I am completely on-board with replacing the Typhoon with something more pleasing to the eye.

During the First Contact Day event I explored the shipyards with Demorecord and stumbled across a beautiful looking ship that isn't currently in the game as an NPC. Unfortunately I forgot to screenshot it, but I can totally see it being the replacement for the Typhoon.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-28-2013, 10:50 PM
CBS said no.
Captain
# 13
06-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomin8r View Post
CBS said no.
Last I heard was if they went playable they be redesigned.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-28-2013, 11:37 PM
Good for you.
Captain
# 15
07-01-2013, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetownsall View Post
ok for the last fraking time the typhoon wont be in the game for various reasons:
1. cryptic doesnt want it playable
2. we already have a flagship which is the oddessey
3. the ship is ugly
4. we already have enough ships as it is for fed side and need to focus more on the kdf and romulan side

1. Sauce?

2. Just because the Odyssey is the new "face" of Starfleet doesn't mean that there is no room for other large ships.

3. Subjective. And in my own subjective opinion, the Envoy,Noble, Monarch, etc. makes the Typoon look like Miss Universe in comparison. There are uglier, more "kitbashy", vessels already in the game. What's one or two more going to hurt?

4. Just because the Republic and Klingon Empire could use a few more ships to choose from shouldn't exclude future additions for Federation players.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
07-01-2013, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Special Weapon - 4x Heavy Phaser Beam Arrays. 280 Base Damage. -12 Weapon Drain, 2x Acc 3x Dmg mods, Battleship Only, may only have 4 total equipped.
Epic Weapons are 3 mods, some rare ones like the Spiral Disruptors have four. Surely you could drop it down to 3. With an Elite Fleet version having 4? You realise your asking for 4 Dual Cannons with a 270 degree arc right?

According to the wiki Dual Cannons only have 192 base damage for 256 DPS. Only one ship can have more than four of em and it's Fed too.

These weapons just seem ridiculously over powered. It looks like you want broardside DPS that outdoes DHCs. I could see the ship coming with one or a console that allows a Beam to fire like that but not four all the time.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Republic Veteran
# 17
07-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
According to the wiki Dual Cannons only have 192 base damage for 256 DPS. Only one ship can have more than four of em and it's Fed too..
depends, rumors have it scimitar has 5 fore weapons too.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Career Officer
# 18
07-01-2013, 09:29 AM
I think a weapons upgrade would be nice but instead of a wide angle dual cannon how about a single heavy cannon. We have dual and dual heavies. Why not cannon and heavy cannon? Wide arc like the singles but the 10% innate crit severity bonus built in.

Last edited by edalgo; 07-01-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 19
07-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Typhoon doesn't make too much sense as a cannon boat just for looking at it. 4/4 with some unique heavy beams or some such would be my preference.

Jupiter, however, that screams cannon broadsider to me. I want a Jupiter with port/starboard slots and the ability to mount DHCs. And two hangars, yes, daddy like.
Captain
# 20
07-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msk5 View Post
Typhoon doesn't make too much sense as a cannon boat just for looking at it. 4/4 with some unique heavy beams or some such would be my preference.

Jupiter, however, that screams cannon broadsider to me. I want a Jupiter with port/starboard slots and the ability to mount DHCs. And two hangars, yes, daddy like.

I like the idea of the Jupiter sporting hangers. It always struck me as a "task force" oriented vessel. It would make perfect sense that it had fighter/runabout support.