Career Officer
# 21
07-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
dev's seem to keep it around. started a new klingon tyesterday.... and i saw typhoons in the opening movie.
I don't think it's ugly.

Sorry Tenkari, hit the wrong quote button.
"Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer!"
- Zek
Career Officer
# 22
07-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
Last I heard was if they went playable they be redesigned.
Where do yall read this stuff? The podcasts? I mostly stick to text, but haven't been on the forums alot.

OT- This ship would be nice, though a turnable cruiser without ACS consoles would be nice too.
"Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer!"
- Zek

Last edited by gl2814e; 07-01-2013 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Wrong quote button.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
07-01-2013, 06:43 PM
here is my take on it, we aren't getting it in the near future (few months) at least because if we got everything we wanted there would be no future sales. They have to release items in a fashion that ensure steady revenue income. They can't sell missions, only ships/gear etc.

This is a frustrations of capitalism and property rights is that us Star Trek nerds are held to the corporation that owns the rights and they are held to their investors that want continual revenue. Hence given I believe the devs want to make the best game they could there is a business angle that governs the rate of releases.

I expect there are things completely done, but on hold for release till they reach the right part of their timeline. This ship may or may not be one of them.

I am just saying all these posts for new things might not be falling on deaf ears, but there is a schedule to maintain.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milanvorius View Post
here is my take on it, we aren't getting it in the near future (few months) at least because if we got everything we wanted there would be no future sales. They have to release items in a fashion that ensure steady revenue income. They can't sell missions, only ships/gear etc.

This is a frustrations of capitalism and property rights is that us Star Trek nerds are held to the corporation that owns the rights and they are held to their investors that want continual revenue. Hence given I believe the devs want to make the best game they could there is a business angle that governs the rate of releases.

I expect there are things completely done, but on hold for release till they reach the right part of their timeline. This ship may or may not be one of them.

I am just saying all these posts for new things might not be falling on deaf ears, but there is a schedule to maintain.
Kinda why a business shouldn't govern over a game. A game publisher and/or developer should govern over a game, like Atari.
I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!
Captain
# 25
07-01-2013, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gl2814e View Post
Where do yall read this stuff? The podcasts? I mostly stick to text, but haven't been on the forums alot.

OT- This ship would be nice, though a turnable cruiser without ACS consoles would be nice too.
It was on a podcast that if those ships became playable they would be redesigned.
Republic Veteran
# 26
07-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanerandomnes View Post
A game publisher and/or developer should govern over a game, like Atari.
IP holders give the licenses, if they dont like how its being used, they can revoke it. to keep the license you want to keep them happy.

and atari is bad at governing games.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
07-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
depends, rumors have it scimitar has 5 fore weapons too.
5 45 degree DC's on a Cruiser with a turn rate of 7 vs 4 270 degree DC's on a Cruiser with a turn rate of 6.

The idea of Heavy Single Cannons has quite a lot of merit, not just for the ship be for the game. I think it would be a great idea if they where introduced.

Maybe as a new faction reputation allows you to upgrade a Single Cannon into a Single Heavy Cannon. That benefits all Cannon Cruisers.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
07-03-2013, 03:36 AM
Kind of a pity, because the Typhoon looks pretty awesome, as far as I'm concerned.

If they were to bring them in, maybe as a full on, Starfleet spec, heavy carrier? Even if it were 90% as good as the Atrox, at least it's a saucer and nacelle configured ship...
Captain
# 29
07-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
Epic Weapons are 3 mods, some rare ones like the Spiral Disruptors have four. Surely you could drop it down to 3. With an Elite Fleet version having 4? You realise your asking for 4 Dual Cannons with a 270 degree arc right?

According to the wiki Dual Cannons only have 192 base damage for 256 DPS. Only one ship can have more than four of em and it's Fed too.

These weapons just seem ridiculously over powered. It looks like you want broardside DPS that outdoes DHCs. I could see the ship coming with one or a console that allows a Beam to fire like that but not four all the time.
*Ahem*

If you take a gander at your beam weapons while standing on a ground map...

My Engineer, who flies a Beam Cruiser, has all Dmgx2 and Accx2 Andorian Beams, because that's how I roll.

On a ground map, the Andorian Single Beams do a base of 240, while the DBB does a base of 312. I SHOULD have clarified that in my original post, and that was my mistake. I meant these weapons to fall between the Single and Double Beams in terms of this damage, hence 280.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.

Survivor of Romulus
# 30
07-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
*Ahem*

If you take a gander at your beam weapons while standing on a ground map...

My Engineer, who flies a Beam Cruiser, has all Dmgx2 and Accx2 Andorian Beams, because that's how I roll.

On a ground map, the Andorian Single Beams do a base of 240, while the DBB does a base of 312. I SHOULD have clarified that in my original post, and that was my mistake. I meant these weapons to fall between the Single and Double Beams in terms of this damage, hence 280.
Not sure where your maths is, your possibly including the DMG mods (+5 DPV), or the Andorian stuff is that much better.
A Beam Array does 220 DPV & 176 DPS Mk XII Base Damage.
A Dual Beam Bank does 287 DPV & 229 DPS Mk XII Base Damage.

Compared to Cannons
A Turret does 99 DPV & 132 DPS Mk XII Base Damage.
A Single Cannon does 159 DPV & 212 DPS Mk XII Base Damage.
A Dual Cannon does 192 DPV & 256 DPS Mk XII Base Damage.
A Dual Heavy Cannon does 384 DPV & 256 DPS Mk XII Base Damage.

Looking at all the numbers together Your Beams should be
~253 DPV & ~204 DPS Mk XII Base Damage

Your basically asking for a beam version of the Single Cannons with an Arc mod. which means at best your getting 2 mod on them.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.