Captain
Does romulan plasma proc work on phaser point defence console attack?
Captain
# 2
06-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Try it and see. I can't see why it wouldn't but then it is a C Store console so it might not.

This sounds like a job for science!
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Rihannsu
# 3
06-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaphallic View Post
Does romulan plasma proc work on phaser point defence console attack?
The answer is in your question..
Captain
# 4
06-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Fed side, the PDS from the Thunderchild c-store ship does phaser damage. If you use it and are not buffing the phaser energy type via Tac consoles, it does very little damage and swats high yield torps and fighters out of the air. The KDF side PDS from the reward packs uses disruptor energy type and must be similarly buffed.

I do not know if the plasma proc from the Romulan sci plasma (threat) consoles works with the PDS. Even if it did, the DOT wouldn't be worth much because the targets the PDS takes out (fighters, destructible mines/torps, and frigates) don't last long anyway against it. And the proc goes to weapons. The PDS is a console.
Just say no to ARC
Republic Veteran
# 5
06-28-2013, 04:30 PM
I might do some testing this weekend to see if it works if i get some time, but my basic thought is it doesn't work at all. Unless there is a bug in the "console" code saying the PDS console is a weapon and not a console, its doubtful that the plasma proc would work.
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
Rihannsu
# 6
06-28-2013, 04:31 PM
On a Fed the PDS still does phaser damage. So it would have to be treated like a phaser type weapon to effectively use it. Same would apply to a Fed aligned Romulan

The PDS for KDF works exactly the same, except now it's disruptor damage. Same rule applies to KDF aligned Romulans

Now if you want to apply a plasma proc to the phaser/disruptor damage, you need to use one a +plas consoles from the embassy.
@deniedexistence
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
06-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianazeta View Post
The answer is in your question..
I think OP is confused and referring to the embassy consoles with the plasma proc added to regular weapons. I'm not sure if it works with console attacks or not, valid question.
Empire Veteran
# 8
06-28-2013, 10:59 PM
Most extra procs and such do tend to work with 'weapon consoles'. For example, plasmonic leech will work with stuff like Isometric Charge, Disruptor Autocannon, PDS, etc.

So most likely yes.

Captain
# 9
06-29-2013, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
I think OP is confused and referring to the embassy consoles with the plasma proc added to regular weapons. I'm not sure if it works with console attacks or not, valid question.
Yes this is what I'm talking about, not normal consoles that boost plasma damage, but rather one that will give me a plasma proc to my fleet disruptor cannons.
Republic Veteran
# 10
06-29-2013, 08:45 AM
In that case, yes, it will work with the console. I don't know if it will work OFTEN, but it should work in theory.